I feel as though I blinked and missed all of April. WHAT HAPPENED and what did I miss?! There were some birthdays in there (my 40th, and my dad’s a day later), two holidays, outings with friends, a new foster pup, sponsored campaign opportunities for my blog, an influx of work, spring cleaning. All in all it was a great month, but I’m super excited to see it end. Truthfully, that birthday was the source of a lot of unnecessary anxiety for me and I feel better now that it’s over and I can comfortably settle into my 40s (GAH! That does NOT get easier to say with time though!). Anyway, let’s have a look back at the month of April to see how I did with some of my goals:
- See my friends individually. I kept going back and forth on whether or not I wanted a big to-do for my 40. Honestly? I really don’t. BUT I have a lot of girlfriends and I want to see ‘em all, so I’m going to make more plans with people and already have some things lined up for the next few weeks <This one is a huge win in my book. I was able to reconnect with so many friends and family members I haven’t seen in ages, and it was a wonderful month because of it
- Dedicate more time to writing, because it’s important and something I love to do <Technically, no. My blog crashed and life happened, but I still managed to publish 8 blog posts in April, and you know what? That’s okay!
- Organize things in the house that don’t yet have a place. We have a bookcase in the dining room, which will stay there until we can move a piece of furniture into the shed, but in the meantime, I want to be able to locate things easily which is a problem right now. Raise your head if you need a treasure map to find your extra phone chargers? <I’m going to consider this a win. The storage shed in our backyard won’t be finished until we leave for Berlin this month (Bryan’s mom has graciously offered to paint it while we are away) and we don’t yet have the money for a proper hutch in the dining room yet so in the meantime we’ll keep the bookcase there.
Not too shabby, right? Let’s move on to some goals for this month (these are going to be fun!).
- Have a kick ass time in Berlin (I think I can do that)
- Treat myself to at least 2 new outfits and a jean jacket (if you have one to recommend, lmk where you got yours! I’m hoping to pack light for my trip and wear lots of layers)
- Pay off some bills
- Try and find Rico a home, at least temporarily while we are away (PS: if you live in the NY/NJ/PA area, and know ANYONE looking to adopt, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If not for Rico, I will happily play doggy matchmaker–I’m really good at it!)
What’s on tap for you this month? Look forward to seeing your comments, and hope everyone has a great week ahead! I’m not sure if you saw in my stories yesterday, but my friend Becky and I went to doggy yoga yesterday and it was pretty much the cutest experience ever. Next time—kittens (at least that’s what we’re hoping for, ha!).