I don’t remember the last time I wrote up a bucket list but now seems as good a time as any, with temps soaring into the 90s all week. We received a call yesterday from Buster’s other momma that he collapsed while out with the dog walker 🙁 he’s fine now, but it was a huge scare so we rushed to pick him up and have been giving him extra love, water, and sympathy cheese. Please be careful out there, especially if you’re on the East Coast!
This season is not always my favorite. I hate to schvitz and my hair can only take so many products. Pool time is wasted on me, but put me in a backyard with a glass of Riesling and a sunset and I’ll soak in every moment. That said, I always anticipate this season, and thought I’d share a list of things I’d like to accomplish before the dog days are over.
- Pick up fresh fruits, vegetables, and flowers from a farmer’s market
- Throw a vegan backyard BBQ in our new house
- Try a new restaurant and eat al fresco
- Road trip!
- Summer yoga outside, preferably with goats
- Commit to finding outdoor activities I enjoy, like walking or tennis
- Have a picnic in the park
- Visit a drive-through (I swear, this makes the list every year! One of these days, Alice)
- See fireworks
- Enjoy an outdoor concert (so far we have one lined up in Central Park)
- Order ice cream on a cone, and finish it before it runs down my fingers
What tops your summer bucket list, my friends? Let me know in the comments!