Good morning, sweet friends! Being that we’re already nine days into the month of May (huh?! How did that happen?!) now’s as good a time as any to dive into goals for the month. Which I probably should have done a few days ago, but who’s counting, right?
May shouldn’t be too busy of a month, but I’m starting to feel the stress of still not being able to find a house, the countdown to resign our lease, and the usual work/life shit that never seems to get figured out.
Here were my goals for April (let’s see how I did):
- to never see a fresh coat of snow again (ha!) – this was partially added for shits and giggles because I believe I got a snowstorm the day before my birthday (on April 3rd)
- finish course on pitching to brands and practice what I learned – no 🙁 and this one really upsets me. Adding back to the list for April
- read two books – CRAAAAAAAAP. I read one. But it was a really good one—does that count? (The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up which I highly recommend!)
- do things that spark joy – yes! I treated myself to manicures, stepped out of my comfort zone by attending my first work trip, made plans with friends, went to a concert, did yoga with GOATS! Overall, a pretty good month, I think 🙂
- eat better, live better, feel better – yes! More meal planning and drinking water and taking care of mental health
I can’t look back and not feel a sense of accomplishment, so I think it’s okay if I don’t cross off everything on that list.
New month, new goals. Here are some things I’d like to accomplish in May.
- Use my planner. I have neglected it because other shinier and prettier models came around. Truth be told, I’m really excited to use the Panda, but I need to finish up the year with my Day Designer because I hate wasting money on something I’m not actively using. If you use this one, please let me know how you fill in the pages. I feel like so much space is wasted. Note to self: invest in a smaller size next time
- Enjoy the house hunting journey. I need to write this on a chalkboard over and over again a la Bart Simpson so it sticks
- Discover new music. I was just talking about this with a coworker—the thrill of new music is gone since the age of digital and I’d like to bring that back again. Do you have anything to recommend? Let me know in the comments!
- Pitch course! DO IT!!
What’s on your list of goals for May? Don’t forget to link up below, so I can read yours! XOXO