Anticipation sets my world in a tailspin. About 90% of the time I struggle with anxiety about what is yet to come. If you’re neurotic and also partially Jewish like I am, you’ll discover that this is perhaps the worst kind of anxiety to have because you are in a perpetual state of worry about the future—whether it’s something about to transpire in the next five minutes or in the next five years. The timeframe is irrelevant because ball of wire and neuroses, that’s why.
I didn’t want to start off my monthly goals diving into the history of my anxiety, but here we are and I’m glad that’s out of the way, because I’m FREAKING OUT.
Because I have a birthday tomorrow and it’s the last one in my 30s (gulp) and also we still don’t have a house and someone reminded me the other day that I’m not getting any younger and that my eggs are dying (maybe she didn’t exactly phrase it that way, but that’s what I heard).
Anyway. March moved both at the speed of lighting and at a turtle’s pace, but it’s a new month and a clean slate. Here are the goals I promised to accomplish in March. Let’s see how I did!
- read two books –no. I’m not really proud of this one, because I lost interest in a book and didn’t abandon it when I should have but I did finish one so there’s that
- send pitches to two brands –yikes, also a no. I have a course on pitching to brands I’d like to finish in April and will dive back in next month
- put aside $400 for the house fund –only put $300 towards house fund, but did manage to pay off a chunk of my credit card debt
- toss away stuff we won’t need in the end (phish reference!) –yes, and also managed to start reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, which is inspiring me to clean, sort, organize, and declutter
- attend the gym two days a week –oy… fat no on this one
- plan a getaway, even if only for a weekend –Bryan and I have discussed it, but nothing is on the agenda just yet. House hunting has been eating up all of our extra time, sadly
- stay present – YES. Often
- remind myself often that everything’s gonna be alright –YES and I needed to do that
Well, that was pretty lousy, lol.
April will be busy with a concert, goat yoga, my first work trip, networking, learning, and (of course) more house hunting, but here are some goals I’d like to hit this month:
- to never see a fresh coat of snow again (ha!)
- finish course on pitching to brands and practice what I learned
- read two books
- do things that spark joy
- eat better, live better, feel better
Want to join in? Leave your goals below!