March goals

I’m kind of glad February is over. Overall, it was a wonderful month—I met my friend’s newborn, reconnected with an old coworker, planned lunch and dinner dates, invested in myself, and did so much learning. I grew my blog, increased my sponsorships, and worked hard at my Instagram strategy. I’m nowhere near where I’d like to be, but slow and steady wins the race; at least that’s what they say, right?

On the other hand, I spent a lot of time working (perhaps too much) because it was so damn cold that I didn’t feel like going anywhere. Weekends were spent at open houses, and discovering new areas that we hadn’t previously considered in our search. I bitched a LOT to my best friend and we started a new text thread unofficially called “Nightmare Adventures in House Hunting.” God, I love to have friends in my life who GET IT and GET ME.

March came in like a lion this year—with a mixture of cold and snowy weather—but I’m determined to show up, roll up my sleeves, and show this month who’s boss.

Here are my goals from February. Let’s see how we did, shall we?

Personal—make an offer on at least one home; read 2 books; cook in crockpot more often/get back to meal planning – yikes. That’s a big fat ner for me. I did, however, cook more meals at home so I guess that’s something

Professionaldedicate two hours a week to learningI have yet to start the pitch class I purchased, but I did make some headway in the email marketing course (even though I’m still a week behind. Whoops!)

Financial—we’re looking at an April move-in date, which doesn’t leave us too much time, but I’m confident we can put aside at least another $1,000 by then. That said, I’m hoping Bryan and I can both set aside $500 this month. Fingers crossed! yea, no. I mean, we came close and we’ve been selling some stuff online to make up the difference, but we didn’t meet this financial goal, unfortunately.

So, February kind of sucked. Let’s forget that happened and move on to goals for March, lol!

Keeping it short and sweet:
–read two books
–send pitches to two brands
–put aside $400 for the house fund
–toss away stuff we won’t need in the end (phish reference!)
–attend the gym two days a week
–plan a getaway, even if only for a weekend
–stay present
–remind myself often that everything’s gonna be alright

Happy March! Have goals for the month? Let me know in the comments (and don’t forget to link up)!

PS: I will be hosting a really BIG Pot O’ Gold giveaway ($$$) with a few other bloggers to coincide with St. Patrick’s Day this year. With just $5, you can purchase an entry for your favorite social media channel to get more followers, and you’ll be allowed up to four entries (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for just $20). Want in? Fill in your deets here

ShootingStarsMag March 5, 2018, 9:55 AM

It sounds like you did a lot in February even if you didn’t hit all your goals. I really need to focus on eating healthier – cooking more at home – and being more active this month. Those are kind of my main goals, beyond keep job searching and all that fun jazz. Blah. I hope the weather gets better for you too and yay for good friends that understand you!!! 🙂

Beth March 5, 2018, 10:48 AM

February was kind of a wash for me too. It wasn’t a bad month necessarily but I just didn’t have the focus. I’m hoping this month is better. And yes, the weather needs to improve here too! I’m with you on needing to frequently remind myself everything will be all right. Let’s crank some Bob Marley Three Little Birds! Love you! XO

Dani March 5, 2018, 11:22 AM

Reading, purging, and planning a getaway are on my list this month as well. Tis the season, right?! Sorry your February goals didn’t go as well as you hoped, but like you said, ya gotta move on! Good luck with your March goals!

Emily March 5, 2018, 11:32 AM

Those are some great goals. A getaway sounds amazing right now. Two of my goals for this month is to read one book and meal plan.

Katie March 5, 2018, 12:01 PM

That last goal, reminding yourself that everything is going to be alright, is definitely something that I need to do myself. We can work on this together.

Cara March 5, 2018, 2:04 PM

Let’s look at the positive here! Yes, you’re still behind on the course, but weren’t you two weeks behind before? You cut that in half! It’s all about how you choose to look at it!

Nikki March 5, 2018, 3:34 PM

Have you read “The Life Changing Magic of Tiding Up?” It has helped me with the “throwing out” process, at least with clothes and closet organization. I haven’t moved to the other 3 categories yet.

Shea March 5, 2018, 4:56 PM

I totally have months like that, but it’s always nice to start fresh with a new one! It sounds like you did make progress on your financial goal though, so that is an accomplishment! Good luck with your March goals and good luck with the house hunt!

San March 5, 2018, 5:12 PM

Onward and upward, right? March can only be better (there are three extra days to accomplish your goals) 🙂

Akaleistar March 5, 2018, 8:22 PM

I’m all for forgetting about February, ha ha.

Anthea March 6, 2018, 12:45 AM

February was not great on the goal front for me but it is a new month and new opportunities await!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend away.
I’m also trying to be more present but it isn’t always easy.
Your last goal is awesome 🙂

Tamara March 6, 2018, 1:26 PM

I still have yet to pitch a brand but I actually went further than I’ve ever gone this morning by googling how to do!
So maybe I need the course as well. Or maybe it would be overwhelming, but I think the advantages would be pretty amazing.
Congrats to all of your February success! May March go out like a productive lamb.

Dean March 6, 2018, 3:05 PM

February was a month… 🙄
I’m glad it’s over too, there was some good, but being the connected emotional creature I am, Febuary had me in tears.
However, Feburary has me fired up, I will work harder to do more.

Kudos to you on the pitches, I’m such a scaredy cat when it comes to that.
And good luck on the house hunting and money saving!!!

Shannon March 6, 2018, 9:29 PM

Reminding yourself everything is going to be alright-YES! I think that one should be first Charlotte 🙂 OMG I love the house hunting chronicles- can we start a blog post thread where we write on each others blogs about this?! i think that would be hilarious actually… so no joke this weekend we saw a house where you walked in and right away were welcomed with a lovely/ not so very camouflaged by ugly pinky carpet TRAP DOOR to a very scary terrifying half basement/crawl space. The trap door wouldn’t even close all the way so this thing was like a jutting out pink carpet square you stepped on as soon as you entered the home AND the fact that the door wouldn’t close meant you were like “bouncing” on it when you walked over it lol idk if you can imagine this but it was quite the sight. After this I didn’t even want to see the rest of the house but felt like a princess for stating that, so I just kept on looking around…the crawl space was definitely hiding bodies I’m almost positive. Strongly recommend putting this on your must- not-have list hehe-

Lecy | A Simpler Grace March 7, 2018, 9:38 AM

Great goals for the month! I love that you included “stay present” because I so needed that reminder. I can’t wait to hear how you do in March and hopefully, hear news of a new home for you! <3

Mrs. Match March 8, 2018, 1:20 AM

I love this idea of monthly goals! I have yearly goals, but monthly goals are a great way to stay on track. Don’t be so hard on yourself-February is a suckishy sort of month. Too cold for productivity! I bet March you’re going to crush it. Excited for your house goals. Owning a home is so rewarding, and it sounds like you’re going about it the right way.

Lindsay March 12, 2018, 7:00 AM

Hey sweet pea,

February kinda flew by in a whoosh but it was an extremely busy one for a short month, eh?
You made some headway in the one course you are taking. That’s not bad, a week behind. You caught up some. 🙂
I’m hoping that spring brings you both good fortune in terms of a house. 🙂
Best of luck to you in this almost ready half passed month of March. xoxox