What’s up, weekend 12/29

The last gratitude list for 2017! Can you believe it?

I won’t bore you with the typical reflections one tends to wax poetic about at year’s end (at the very least I’ll spare you for another blog post), but I will say that it was a whirlwind of a year; one I’m not entirely sad to see end but one that I certainly will miss.

This week has taught me what it really means to freeze your tits off and I’m grateful to not have any reason to leave the apartment today. Phish hangover is in full effect today and I’m debating on going to the show tomorrow night. At least I’m giving my body a break tonight, but holy—it gets harder as we age!

If this is your first time here, welcome! Each Friday, I link up with Lindsay and Beth from our Peaceful Posse Facebook group (a wonderful place; do join us!), and we share the things we are grateful for. Let’s dive in!

Sorry about the blurry pic, but I hope this captures just how many layers are necessary to combat icy temps in Northeast

Christmas with two families. Sometimes it’s stressful and family drama is at an all-time high, but I’m grateful for a full belly and head full of happy memories

Going to see the Dyker Heights Christmas lights. Even though I had multiple layers of clothing on (pants under pants!), I still froze my ass off

Leftover cookies

Phish at MSG last night

Christmas goodies, including a new crockpot, electric blanket, and cozy pajamas

Getting to see some friends for NYE

I’m excited to see what tops your year-end gratitude list, sweet friends, and I wish you all a beautiful, happy, and sweet New Year!

Beth December 29, 2017, 11:20 AM

It has been an interesting year for sure. I hope for only good things for you in 2018 my sweet! And PS, I hear you on the cold. It is freaking freezing here too. Blah. Warmer days are ahead! Love you lady! XOXO

Shybiker December 29, 2017, 11:32 AM

Fun to hear what’s up in your world. I’ve never timed a trip so well: I escaped the cold here and spent the past three days in Atlanta where it was warm and comfy.

Emily December 29, 2017, 2:14 PM

Crockpots are seriously amazing and an electric blanket sounds awesome! I love your photos of the Christmas lights. They are so pretty! I’m so over the cold weather and am looking forward to warmer weather and more sunlight. I hope you have a Happy New Year.

Jessica Bradshaw December 29, 2017, 2:33 PM

We have had cold weather in Dallas lately too, but nothing like that. I spit out my cocoa when I read your “know what it is like to literally freeze your tits off”. haha. Stay warm! I hope you have a very happy new year!

lisa thomson December 29, 2017, 2:58 PM

Sounds like an amazing holiday, Charlotte. I love your attitude about family 😛 You’re right about accepting and taking in small doses. Or did I just make that up? Cute pic of you all bundled up! The lights are beautiful. I’m feeling grateful for my lovely gifts this christmas. I also got some cozy pajamas. YAY. Happy New Year to you!

Lisa December 29, 2017, 8:59 PM

Oh wow – I’m all about the houses with the nutcrackers! My house is already filled inside with them – my family would freak if I wanted to put big ones outside, too!
Yes – darn this cold – it was -11.8 when I left for work yesterday which made today’s 6.3 feel warm-ish!

ShootingStarsMag December 29, 2017, 9:14 PM

Oh gosh, I had layers up layers when I went to King’s Island’s WinterFest. LOL I feel the freezing pain. I’m glad you had a nice Christmas and yay for seeing friends on NYE.

Cara December 29, 2017, 9:19 PM

The freeze your tits off line? Pretty great. I’m very unfamiliar with Phish but I’m certain the minute I mention it to my husband he will say “oh, you know that song that….” and it will turn out that the band I thought was someone else was actually Phish and I’m never sure whether it’s better to be completely ignorant of a band or completely confused.

Tamara December 30, 2017, 6:58 PM

I have a Phish hangover myself, just from watching the show on webcast. The lighting was incredible.
We have our entire New Year’s Eve celebrations based around Phish shows so I really wish you could come over tomorrow. With dessert!

Shannon December 31, 2017, 3:17 PM

I am def freezing my tatas off here in upstate ny currently lol. I hope you warmed up right now i am curled by the fire with blanket and pups 🙂

Anthea January 2, 2018, 5:22 AM

Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best for 2018!
Those Christmas lights look amazing! So festive!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas – I can imagine with two families it can be stressful at times. We used to do the whole see everybody and visit everyone tradition before we got married but don’t anymore (everyone has claimed they don’t hold it against us lol).

San January 2, 2018, 5:38 PM

Ha, the East Coast is freezing their booties off while we’re still waiting for some rain over here… it’s always the opposite on the opposite coast 😉

It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas (love the house decorations!) and a great plan for NYE.

Lindsay January 3, 2018, 9:54 PM

Girl, I feel you with the cold. Someone was complaining Texas was chilly and I retorted nothing is as cold as -20 or -30, no matter how prepared you are or are native to the weather, that shit is BRU-TAL!

Those Christmas lights are GORGEOUS. We didn’t get out like we had hoped, just too busy or too cold to venture out in this. So instead I settled with watching The Griswolds. 🙂

I hope you’re having a great week my friend. I’ll give you a shout tomorrow love. xoxo!

Eli@CoachDaddy January 4, 2018, 9:52 AM

Those are unfortunate parts to lose to the cold, Charlotte. I’ve had to bundle up severely here with highs in the 30s, which translates to -37 in places north.

I love that your Christmas gifts were all directly related to warmth!