Currently—the December edition

I feel as though I share one of these a month, but as it turns out, I haven’t written a “Currently” post since October. I love getting-to-know-you lifestyle blog posts the most, and they tend to require relatively few brain cells. I think we could all use a little break, especially around the holidays, eh?

Here’s what’s on the currently list for December.

Thinking: That I don’t ever want to go back out there. According to my WTForecast app (seriously the best ever) today’s weather is “Your taint will freeze. They’re all going to laugh at you!” #accurate. It’s 20 degrees out, but feels like 8. Also feels like I’m not leaving the house today.

Enjoying: The winter. A good book after a long day. Best girlfriends. Delicious eats. Buster’s warm belly.

Feeling: Especially happy for our country today. Side note: I love that #ThankYouAlabama is trending right now on Twitter <3

Wearing: Jeans and a long-sleeved thermal underneath a fuzzy gray sweater

Needing: Someone to transport me to a beach in Jamaica. And also a boyfriend who doesn’t leave his clothes piled up on the dresser. Oh, did I say that out loud? :p

Wanting: For payday to get here already (only one more day). These bills are piling up lately.

Listening: To the sounds of silence. And my angry keyboard typing. Seriously, I’m way too aggressive with this thing. No wonder the first one crapped out on me.

Making: Excuses to get the day rolling. Because I really don’t wanna work on reports right now.

Eating: Leftover caramelized butternut squash. It’s just as good cold for breakfast as it was last night with dinner!

Drinking: Reheated coffee with almond milk hazelnut flavored creamer. Yum!

What’s on your Currently list, my sweet ones?

Natalie A December 13, 2017, 10:52 AM

I LOVE your currently list! Can I come along with you when you are transported to a beach in Jamaica? That sounds good, right about now! 🙂 Have a great rest of your week!

Beth December 13, 2017, 11:01 AM

Can I be transported to a beach in Jamaica too? That sounds heavenly right now! And I’m so happy about Alabama too. I felt hope again for the first time since last November last night. Much work still to be done, but this was a step in the right direction! Hope you’re having a good week my sweet! XO

Rachel Sanchez December 13, 2017, 1:33 PM

I would love to head over to Colorado, sit in a cabin in the mountains and just BREATHE! I just finished watching “What the Health” on Netflix and enjoying my coffee with cinnamon vitality oil (yum). Hopefully I will be finishing up my holiday decorating! Happy Holidays to you!!

ShootingStarsMag December 13, 2017, 2:23 PM

I’m so happy about Alabama, and that trending hashtag makes me incredibly happy! I needed some good news. 🙂 And omg, it’s so cold!! Yesterday was probably worse though because it was actually snowing.

Courtney A. Casto December 13, 2017, 3:18 PM

I’m with you – currently thinking that it “feels like 3” outside so I’m staying inside. I am so happy that we are thanking Alabama this morning!

I’m loving winter too. More flakes are just starting to fall as I type this!

Akaleistar December 13, 2017, 8:50 PM

It’s so cold! I never want to go outside. At least, I have more time for reading 🙂

Karen December 14, 2017, 1:10 PM

And now I want caramelized butternut squash.

My husband loves the cold weather but not me. We dip dip down into the 30’s here (in FL!) and I pulled out the down comforter. lol

For What It’s Worth

San December 14, 2017, 8:15 PM

Send me some of your snow!! 🙂

Also, I’ll have some of that butternut squash!
I am so relieved that the Alabama voters did the right thing… only to wake up to the slashing of net neutrality today. Sigh. When are we going to turn this country around?

Anthea December 15, 2017, 6:48 AM

That caramelized butternut squash sounds sooooo good.
We are having summer now so maybe transport yourself to Cape Town!
A good book after a long day is bliss 🙂

Lisa thomson December 15, 2017, 8:10 PM

Oh, yes reading under a warm blanket is what winters are made for. Angry keyboard, huh? My kids laugh at me typing b/c same thing. I type really loud, apparently.

Tamara December 16, 2017, 12:58 PM

Alabama for me!
And Athena’s soft ears. Coffee with whipped cream! Such a treat.

Lecy | A Simpler Grace December 16, 2017, 1:50 PM

It’s been really cold here too. I think we are going to have a frigid winter! And carmelized butternut squash sounds so good. Do you have a recipe or do you buy it from somewhere?