It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
Or at least, it is if we breathe in deeply and enjoy the ride. I tend to feel overwhelmed by anticipatory anxiety; what that means, is that I stress the shit out of things that are lined up in the near future. Case in point: Tori Amos concert this Wednesday. Don’t get me wrong—I’m unbelievably excited to go and to reconnect with old friends/hear Tori play some new tunes live. But until I’m there in my seat, I’ll freak out. It’s the silliest thing and something I’m constantly working on but it’s also a quirk that I’ve started to accept as a part of my life.
And you know what? I don’t have to like it, but I can make peace with it just the same.
I love the magic of this season. Once Halloween ends, I begin to plan the Thanksgiving menu. Even though I’ve never prepped an entire dinner (let alone hosted!) I like to bring at least one dish wherever I may go.
I feel like this post is getting way off course, because I had intended to write about my goals this month and, somehow, I’m now talking about food again.
Let’s take a look back at October (insert Wayne’s World “dee dee doo” sounds and raining fingertips) to see how we did, eh?
- Read two books – DONE! And I loved both of the books I read (Everything Changes by Jonathan Tropper and The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace)
- 5-minutes of meditation daily (just downloaded the Simple Habit app to help!) – That app is a lifesaver, let me tell you. I’m not getting paid to say this, but that five minutes of stillness a day has made a huge difference
- Gym 2x/week – Big fat NOPE
- Same as last month–$400 for home; $40 for travel – YES! New home/vacation here we come (at some point, ha!)
- Pitch 1 brand a week and follow up with some previous sponsors – Sadly, no. I was approached by a few brands for sponsored posts, but I need to up my game next month
- Reach 2,250 bloggers on instagram and get engagement #s up – YES! My engagement seems to be down on insta, BUT I’m now at 2,300+ followers
- Figure out the elusive work/life balance (last month was very work heavy and I need to bring life into the equation again) – I mean, does anyone have this figured out? Hit me up!
Keeping it simple again this month. And because it’s such a crazy time of year, I’m going to pick three things (and a bonus!) I’d really like to work on.
I vow to take time for myself this month—gym when I need, manicures when I want a pampering, reading to feed the brain…. perhaps I’ll even use that massage certificate gifted to me for my birthday in April (yikes, I know!)
Take advantage of being in the presence of bloggers by mingling at an event this month. In addition, I’d like to explore ways to share my heart on my blog while also making it a viable source of supplemental income
Traffic doesn’t seem to be coming from Facebook as much as it used to, so while I intend on sharing in all of my favorite groups, I’m going to dedicate a bit more time to figuring out how to maximize Instagram and Pinterest traffic. Ideas? I’m all ears!
I’ll never crack the anxiety spell, but November is a time of year when it can sneak up on me and do some serious damage to my psyche. Less is more. Self-care is important. Laughing, friendships, a cup of warm coffee, doggy snuggles, and long drives to new places—these will be the benchmarks by which I’ll measure my happiness this month.
Happy November, all 🙂