I don’t typically fall into a funk this time of year but I’ve had to take a bit of a step back from the blog and social media in general because I was starting to question humanity. Sometimes I don’t know what to do with all the sadness and it’s easier to retreat. That said, I’m always here if anyone wants to talk about well, really anything. I think we could all use a healthy amount of distraction and a large heaping of humanity, am I right?
Let’s dive into our monthly goals and see how we did in September, shall we?
- Find a home for our foster pup Hannah <YES! And it is the best home ever! Thankful I still have contact with her poppa who sends me updates and occasional pictures
- Read two books <Nope! I did finish The Marriage Pact however which was excellent and highly recommended
- Sell/get rid of some stuff <yes! I donated a bunch, sold some things, and am feeling lighter as a result
- Put aside $400 for the home; $40 for travel <SCORE!
- Reach 4,500 followers on twitter <8 followers short as of this morning. Almost there 🙂
- Write three sponsored posts <Only made it to two but I’m happy with that
- Pitch 1 brand a week <Fail. But I ended up getting a lot of freelance work this month, so I wasn’t able to do as much pitching.
Overall, I’m happy with results for September, all things considered.
Here are some goals for October (going to keep it simple this month again!).
- Read two books
- 5-minutes of meditation daily (just downloaded the Simple Habit app to help!)
- Gym 2x/week
- Same as last month–$400 for home; $40 for travel
- Pitch 1 brand a week and follow up with some previous sponsors
- Reach 2,250 bloggers on instagram and get engagement #s up
- Figure out the elusive work/life balance—last month was very work heavy and I need to bring life into the equation again 🙂
What are some of your goals this month? Let me know in the comments!