You know that dumb ass expression about March coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb? It’s happening and I can feel it in my bones. So far, though we’re only a few days in, my body is numb with discomfort and I just want to hibernate under blankets with my heating pad (aka Buster) and sip chai tea all day.
Unfortunately, that’s just not my reality and I spent much of this weekend working and getting back on track. As much as I looooove to get away, when you have a full-time job, a blog to maintain, several social media accounts to update, and a side business to run, sometimes it takes a while to get back into the swing of things.
So let’s not waste any time. Let’s look back on some February goals to see how we did, shall we?
- Go to the gym a minimum of two times a week. <I’m disappointed in myself. I have really fallen off the bandwagon these past few weeks (months even! I have to be honest with myself) so I’m going to have to add this one back on the list
- Figure out my taxes <met with the accountant so that’s on him now 🙂
- Drop off clothing/goods at Salvation Army, homeless shelter, or animal shelter. <Sadly, didn’t achieve this one
- Figure out an Instagram strategy & get closer to 2,000 followers—I’m at 1,724 now <I’ve really improved my Instagram game and am spending a bit more time on this. Right now, I am up 181 followers from last month (1,905 followers as of this morning)
- Enjoy the heck out of Jamaica but also use the time wisely (writing, reading, relaxing) Oh, heck yes.
All in all, not a bad month, but there’s a lot I need to improve on in March (and I’m already a few days late to the party!). That’s why I like setting these monthly reminders—I can always go back and assess my journey and milestones.
Here are just a few personal/professional goals for March:
- Secure the brands I’ll be working with for my April birthday giveaway
- Work on at least one more sponsored post
- Read at least two books
- Stop stressing about circumstances beyond my control; send more things out into the universe for guidance
- Head back to the gym and stick with a workout plan that works. For realz this time
- Be honest with myself about my needs. Say no when I can’t and yes when I want
Have you made goals for March? Let me know (and share the link with me in the comments so I can read them)!
PS: There’s only one day left to enter the Merch Nerds t-shirt giveaway! Don’t forget to enter, sweet friends!