“How did it get so late so soon?”—Dr. Seuss
He always gets me right in the feels that Mr. Seuss. You too?
I can’t believe it’s already December. I feel like I say that each month, but I really mean it this time. Rent is due. I have to start figuring out my end-of-year taxes. Apply for health care coverage for 2017. I hate adulting, hard.
Here are goals for November; let’s see how we did!
- Increase my social and blog traffic. Here are my current stats/goals:
Facebook: 465 (goal = 500; will require some FB advertising) <Close! Made it to 481; up 16. I really only boosted a few posts so I’m not terribly surprised
Twitter: 3,753 (goal = 4,000) <SO CLOSE. Made it to 3,910; up 157
Instagram: 1,565 (goal = 1,700) <Nope. 1,652; up 87
Pinterest: 537 (goal = 600) <Finally! 632; up 95
Total new followers across all social platforms = 355
- See my parents at least two times—not including Thanksgiving. <I did see my parents twice, but Thanksgiving was one of those days, so failure
- Pitch to at least two brands a week. <Shit, no. I mean, I did at the beginning of the month and then [insert excuses here]
- Head into the city at least once a week to meet with friends, revisit some favorite restaurants, and take in the fast pace. <again did really well with this at the beginning of the month but no, sadly
- Read at least 3 books (I suck at this lately, but that seems an attainable goal, right?). <NOPE!
Purchase this planner. Finally.<wheee, accomplishment! Start (maybe even finish!) my holiday shopping this year.<I started! Almost done 🙂
- Plan a weekend getaway. <I have started looking and I did peep the Cyber Monday travel deals, but nothing is really PLANNED until a reservation has been made, in my opinion
Write a little every day.<This one feels good to cross off—because it was a really crazy month
- Put money aside for a vacation AND house fund <sadly, I can’t cross this off, BUT I did get myself out of debt which I consider just as big an accomplishment
Okay, so overall it looks like I really sucked at my monthly goals at November. But you know what? THAT’S OKAY! I’ve learned to be a bit more forgiving and today begins a whole new month. Here are some personal and professional goals for the last month of 2016 (keeping it simple this time!). 🙂
- Finish two books (much more attainable, I think!)
- Arrange more playdates, brunches, and dinners with friends
- Pitch one brand a week (through 12/22—because after that, everyone shuts down)
- Try a new restaurant in town
- Increase blog/social traffic steadily
- Contribute to house/vacation fund now that credit card is paid off
- Eat, drink, and be merry!
Do you make monthly goals, and what’s on your list for December? XOXO