And November goes,
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.
With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket
And frost by the gate.
The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest
Until next spring.
Isn’t that gorgeous?
I have good feels about this month. I probably say that at the beginning of each month, but I’ve always been hopelessly optimistic in that way. Like that time I was laid off from a job so many moons ago and told my friend I needed to get an oil change anyway.
Sometimes you just have to forge ahead, right?
Back to November. I have some goals (both professionally and personally) I’d like to accomplish this month. I wish I did this last month, but you can’t win ‘em all 🙂
- Increase my social and blog traffic. Here are my current stats/goals:
Facebook: 465 (goal = 500; will require some FB advertising)
Twitter: 3,753 (goal = 4,000)
Instagram: 1,565 (goal = 1,700)
Pinterest: 537 (goal = 600)
- See my parents at least two times—not including Thanksgiving.
- Pitch to at least two brands a week.
- Head into the city at least once a week to meet with friends, revisit some favorite restaurants, and take in the fast pace.
- Read at least 3 books (I suck at this lately, but that seems an attainable goal, right?).
- Purchase this planner. Finally.
- Start (maybe even finish!) my holiday shopping this year.
- Plan a weekend getaway.
- Write a little every day.
- Put money aside for a vacation AND house fund
What are some of your goals this month? Leave them in the comments, and happy November to you all!