Oh hai, so glad to have you here! I’m sure you’re just as excited as I am to kick off the long holiday weekend, so I won’t waste much of your time with intros—though obviously I’d like to encourage you to link up with Krysten and Lindsay for today’s linky.
Things that I’m grateful for this week (in no particular order).
- Dunkin’ Donuts. I don’t get paid to write about them, but I really should. I spend a small fortune on their toasted almond/French vanilla coffees… mmmm
- The guy at Whole Foods who tried to pick me up. At least that’s what I think he was doing. He literally made a comment about life handing you lemons (one of the items in my basket) and then proceeded to tell me about how they’re great for detoxifying. I smile and agree but then he says that he can’t stop using the bathroom when he has lemons and I’m thinking “OMG YOU’VE GONE TOO FAR!” and I look up at the checkout person who is giggling while ringing me up. But you know what? Bless his heart. I haven’t had anyone approach me in ages.
- The return of the Bachelorette. I dunno what it is about this show I love more. The actual train wreck of hopeful contestants they introduce each season or the email/text exchanges I have with my girlfriends dissecting the nonsense
- Dress shopping this weekend—I’m actually looking for something to wear to my friend’s wedding in July. Initially I thought I’d just spruce up one of my old dresses but it’s been a while since I’ve treated myself and a wedding is the perfect excuse, right?
- A possible #BernieTrumpDebate. I shy away from anything political on this blog and I really hate that it’s become a big joke, BUUUUUUUTTTTTTT that would be incredibly entertaining and I’m secretly hoping Bernie calls Trump a schmuck and then drops the mic
- Having a low-key weekend to look forward to. My mom asked us to stop by, and ordinarily I’d love to but I spent all of last week shuttling back and forth to take care of the dog/house and I want to enjoy some me time
- Disrupted: My Misadventure in the Start-Up Bubble by Dan Lyons. This is a really interesting first-hand account of what it’s like to work for mega marketing giant HubSpot as it was just starting to grow and the Kool-Aid its employees are clearly drinking
- Participating in the plank challenge. Goodbye flab, hello ab!
What’s on your grateful list this week? Hope you all enjoy the long weekend ahead!