I touched on this a bit in my last post, but the end of the year is always a quiet time of reflection for me. I experienced my first case of FOMO in a very long time last night while Bryan and I were grocery shopping and I knew my friends were at the Phish show in MSG. Picking up items for the Can-Can sale in Shoprite is not nearly as enthralling nor it is quite the same as dancing my face off to Mike’s Song. 🙂
As much as I am looking forward to a fresh start and good things to come in 2016, I am grateful for all that was this past year. I’ve never felt quite as motivated or as self-assured as I do now—and much of that has to do with the enormous personal growth I experienced in 2015.
In no particular order, here are a few of my favorite moments:
- Solo trip to the Bahamas. This was a gift to myself in the cold month of January when words like “all inclusive” and “fine beaches” sounded a heck of a lot better than “snow” and “ice storm.”
- Disney, Epcot, and Universal where this pic with Homer and Bart was taken. I finally got to meet Mickey and Minnie and do all the fun touristy stuff that was deprived from my youth, like riding teacups until I nearly vomited (thanks to my brother).
- This experience. As bizarre and uncomfortable as it was, it’s one of my favorite stories to tell from 2015.
- Our all-expenses-paid-trip to Crystal Springs resort. The perks of being a blogger, y’all.
- Realizing who my real friends are. This is less an “experience” as it is an obvious life lesson but it was a sobering one that I’m incredibly grateful for. I’ve spent a lot of nights obsessing, crying, and realizing that some people are not who I thought they were. On the other hand, I have formed some incredibly close friendships with bloggers; while I have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person, you are all extremely valuable to me and I so much appreciate your friendship.
On that note, I’d like to take a moment to thank you ALL for being a part of this community, for stopping by to hear me ramble, for leaving comments that fill my heart with warm fuzzies, and for being the best support system I could ask for. I wish you all a very happy and healthy and joyful 2016, my sweet friends.