The very lovely Jessica of Domesticated Wild Child recently nominated My Pixie Blog for a Liebster Award (for those of you not already familiar with this award, it’s essentially a virtual pat on the back from another blogger). Thank you so much for the recognition; I had a great time answering your questions!
As part of my nomination, I must now fulfill the following: Thank the blogger who nominated you, answer the questions given to you, nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers, post 11 questions for those bloggers to answer and let them know about their nominations with a tag and a post on their blog.
1) What is your favorite part about blogging? The ability to connect with so many wonderful bloggers from all walks of life. Though the blogosphere can be big and intimidating, I’ve found that the more I make my rounds, the more I see familiar faces commenting on some of my favorites.
2) What is your favorite springtime activity? SPRING! I remember that season… Oh, well, after this winter, I’d say anything outside. Wandering local farmer’s markets, outdoor festivals, window shopping in NYC.
3) What is your signature dish? Veggie tacos.
4) What is the last movie that you’ve seen? Inside Llewlyn Davis. I had high hopes because I love the Coen brothers, but I couldn’t connect with the story somehow. Justin Timberlake’s “Five Hundred Miles” is extraordinary and well worth a listen (as is just about everything on the entire soundtrack).
5) What is your favorite song? Anything by Bob Marley. And Brown Eyed Girl.
6) Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Drew Barrymore. Coolest woman in Hollywood!
7) Favorite season? In years past, I would have said the winter. No more. I’m eagerly anticipating summer sunshine.
8) Kindle or Paperback? I have a Kindle and I love it dearly, but there’s nothing like turning the pages of a yellowed novel.
9) If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would you choose? Tori Amos. I’ve scaled walls to see her at Central Park and missed a chance to see her at a signing once (well, I attended, but wasn’t among the first die-hard fans in line. Sadness). I have no idea what we’d talk about, but my guess is our conversation would run the gamut from apes in space to the inspiration behind her toothpaste.
10) What’s your favorite social media? Facebook. It’s my crack of choice.
11) What motivates you to write when you have writers block? I have set up a few Google alerts to help me find articles on dating/relationships, which help if I’m really in a bind. Otherwise, there are a lot of online resources available with prompts (The SITS Girls has an amazing tribe of helpful and passionate female bloggers).
Okay! So I’m going to tag 11 of you at random—I hope you’ll enter as I’d love to read all of your answers!
My Trainer Nicole
Date Girl Diaries
Why Girls Are Weird
Why I’m Cray
A Peek at Karen’s World
A Duck in Her Pond
Valley Girl Gone Country
Sweet and Savoring
Lazy Hippie Mama
Make Mommy Go Something Something
1) If you could lay down your roots anywhere, where would you go and why?
2) What’s your favorite book of all time?
3) What is your happiest childhood memory?
4) Tell me about a tradition that’s been passed down to you, or one you’d like to have with your family one day?
5) You’re on a deserted island with a boombox, an infinite supply of batteries, and three CDs. Which ones do you choose?
6) What’s your beauty secret?
7) Do you have an achievement you are most proud of, and why?
8) Who is your hero?
9) What is your favorite vacation destination?
10) Tell me your worst date story!
11) What inspired you to start blogging?
WOW, I gotta’ run. Twenty minutes until the car service gets here! I’ll miss you guys and hope to have some fun stories to report from Nashville.