Accessories are often the most important pieces in our wardrobe; no matter your personal style, those finishing touches can make or break your outfit. And the good news is that there is no shortage of styles and pieces on the market. From eye-catching jewelry to flowing scarves and funky belts, the options are virtually limitless. And while variety is a good thing, endless choices can leave us at a loss when trying to develop or define our own personal styles. Thankfully, creating a flattering mix of accessories, designed to accentuate your style and appearance, is totally doable. Here are some tips on developing your own unique accessory style, no matter your tastes, age, or personality.
Accentuate the Positive
We all have things we like about our appearance so instead of focusing on the negative, try accentuating your own unique beauty. For example, do you have a long, graceful neck? If so, consider a delicate pendant necklace or a classic strand of pearls. If you have nice hands, try a statement cocktail ring or some glittering diamonds. For gorgeous diamonds that are a little nontraditional, check out the colored diamonds at Front Jewelers. With color options like black, blue, pink, yellow, and green, you can enjoy the classic beauty of diamonds, with a cool pop of color.
Consider Your Fashion Sense
Since accessories are meant to complement your wardrobe, it’s essential to also consider your clothing style when choosing the right statement pieces. Check the list below for your personal style, and choose your accessories accordingly.
- Classic: If your fashion style is classic and reserved, try accessories like pearl necklaces, simple diamond stud earrings, and delicate watches. Also, chic silk scarves are a great way to punch up a classic wardrobe. Tie it around your neck, or even around the strap of your handbag.
- Bohemian: If yoga pants and flowing blouses are your thing, consider fun, funky accessories like headbands, brightly-colored scarves, feather earrings, or an armful of bangle bracelets.
- Tomboy: Even if you dress like one of the guys, there are still plenty of accessories for you. If the tomboy look is your go-to, think about menswear-inspired pieces like chunky watches, fedoras, or newsboy caps.
- Athletic: If you live in your workout gear, try accessories like rubber bracelets, sports watches, and cute headbands.
- Vintage: For a vintage-inspired look, go retro with cameo pendants, pillbox, or cloche hats, peep-toe pumps, structured handbags, and jeweled hairpins.
- Trendy: If you enjoy the latest trends, consider going for bold accessories. Huge cocktail rings, cuff bracelets, large hoop earrings, and studded belts are all great options.
Now that you’re on your way to developing your own personal style when it comes to jewelry and accessories, keep the following tips in mind when adding accents to your outfits:
- Don’t go overboard. Remember, accessories are meant to accentuate: not overwhelm. Choose between two and four pieces, maximum, per outfit.
- Don’t be shy. If you have a piece you love but are afraid to wear, just go for it. You never know: that one piece could be just the thing to send your confidence soaring. Plus, experimenting is half the fun!
- Switch it up. While having one or two constants is great, there’s a lot to be said for trying new things. This will keep you looking and feeling fresh, and just may give you some added courage as well!
- Have fun with your accessories. I’m sure we can all agree that life can get pretty stressful at times. Having fun with clothes and accessories is a great way to forget about the chaos, all while looking and feeling great!
Many thanks to Michelle for today’s fashion-forward post. A former communications associate who transitioned into building her own freelance business, Michelle enjoys fashion and staying on top of the latest trends. Sitting by the runway is one of her favorite activities in her free time.