For the past few weeks, it feels as though Bryan and I have been passing ships in the night. I can’t blame him for working a late shift, but it does mean that our time together is limited to the weekends, and even that becomes difficult with an influx of work and pressing family obligations. His company recently flew him out to California and Florida for training on two separate occasions, which meant that he (luckily) missed out on two of the biggest snow storms we’ve had this season and I felt crippled with cabin fever.
Hey, did you guys hear we’re getting even more of the white stuff tonight? Wheee!
When the opportunity came to attend a blog event this weekend, I initially felt somewhat guilty because this was the first time we didn’t have anything scheduled and we haven’t had a date night since sometime in November. Pre-Penelope. So I figured, why not combine the two?
For anyone who has ever considered joining this blogosphere, let me just say this. There are many perks to being a blogger. Like getting to attend a Singles in America event sponsored by Match.com with celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger, sex expert Dr. Emily Morse, and Cosmopolitan’s Sex and Relationship editor Anna Breslaw. The panel took place at Toshi’s Living Room and Penthouse in the Flatiron Hotel and was organized by the very fine ladies at Single Edition, a publicity/media company located in NYC. They put on some of the best blog events!
A few things:
1) I scared the piss out of Patti Stanger while she was on her way to the bathroom. We crossed paths and I think I said “HI!!!!!!!” so loud and fast because that’s what seemed normal in my head. I was geeking out hardcore, you guys. I have had the biggest girl crush on her for years and even wrote her a letter once.
2) I realized about twenty minutes and two cocktails into the event that I wasn’t wearing a bra.
3) I made a thing of this to Bryan who kept insisting I put my sweater on. But I was sweating like a moose in church so that couldn’t happen.
4) Patti is not the scary monster she appears to be on Bravo. In fact, I found her to be incredibly down-to-earth, personable, and sweet. She saw me waiting to meet her and made sure to take a picture with me first before another request came in.
5) Perez on the other hand, while cool, calm, and collected on the panel, seemed very disconnected from the audience. Unlike Patti, who stayed for the entirety of the event and spoke to everyone, he was in attendance for the panel discussion and left so fast he dropped his phone. Maybe he’s scared of other bloggers?
6) Bryan and I ate dinner at an Indian restaurant called Bhojan on 28th and Lex that was kosher AND vegetarian and TO DIE FOR. We then went ducked into a small Indian corner store where Bryan bought mala beads and received a blessing by the cutest woman who was perhaps a bit smitten with him.
Even Bryan enjoyed the event and the delicious mixed drinks. Van Gogh Vodka sponsored the event and I will soon review these guys (stay tuned!).
Yes. There are many perks to being a blogger indeed.
Next time I’ll remember to wear my bra.