Thank Buddha for the lovely, sassy, and sweet Saucy B who tagged me in this week’s Liar, Liar meme. I actually had about four different blog posts written but I couldn’t think of which one to publish. I’ve been in a bit of a February funk (anyone else prone to feeling a bit low this time of year?) and I didn’t want that to come through in my writing. I started a “how to date online” post to the single men on the market because sometimes they need pointers, too, and maybe I’m getting a bit frustrated with the games they play (looking at you, Ethan). I’m not mad atcha’, just think that maybe we can learn from each other, right? Stay tuned!
So apparently I have to share five things about myself, but four of these are lies. Can you guess which of the following is true?
1) I received my Private Pilot License (PPL) in the summer of ’02. I have already flown a helicopter and a single-engine land plane.
2) I am a beer connoisseur and was first introduced to a hefeweizen at Oktoberfest when I was 14.
3) I was the coxswain in college for the novice women’s rowing team (eight women). I also coxed (hee) the men’s varsity team for a competition.
4) I have been swimming since I was four and was a lifeguard for years at summer camp.
5) I could never give up eating meat with a German mother who knows how to make a good sauerbraten and schnitzel.
Interested in playing along? Here’s what you need to do!
- Display the fugly graphic above.
- List four lies and one truth about yourself.
- Link up at Yeah. Good Times.
- Pass this on to five other bloggers.
I won’t put anyone on the spot, but if you’re interested in playing along, let me know so I can follow you back and leave you some bloggy love!
Finally, I would like to introduce you all officially to my big sister Connie of Sogni e Sorrisi. We are participating in Krysten’s bloggy big sister/little sister program and I couldn’t be more excited about this. I want to learn all there is to know about this community and I’m eager to learn from Connie, who has a very steady following with her colorful, adorable, and fashion-forward blog. She also wrote me a beautiful letter which arrived yesterday and I can’t remember the last time I received anything in my mailbox that wasn’t a bill, wedding invitation, or baby announcement. It was a wonderful surprise. I miss the good ol’ days when I would wait for the mailman. Connie, expect something soon!