What’s up, weekend 2/9

Last weekend, Bryan, his parents, and I went to visit the home I was totally, absolutely, and completely in love with. It had everything: proximity to town for me, a garage for him, a huge backyard for Buster, and enough space for all of us to grow. Unfortunately, we learned very quickly that it was situated in a flood zone, an immediate deal-breaker (especially after Sandy). Silver lining: we found this out before we moved and had to deal with four feet of water in the basement.

I started to take a new online course on email marketing. I feel like a failure—I’m weeks behind, have no idea what I’m doing, and feel like everyone is getting this better than I am. My assignment came back to me completely marked up—I immediately felt angry but remembered that THIS is what I signed up for! Silver lining: we grow by learning and stretching our brains and admitting that we’re not always the smartest ones in the room.

Looking at silver linings reminds me that there are always different ways to approach each situation–and hand–we’re given in life.

If this is your first time here, WELCOME to my online home. Each Friday, Lindsay, Beth, and I link up with some peeps from our Peaceful Posse Facebook group to share our gratitude list. We are so glad to have you participate, and I always love to hear what’s making you smile.

Here is my gratitude this week:

My new 100% organic cotton Data Apparel shirt made of recycled materials—the shirt seen here is a physical representation of global life expectancy from year to year. The steady increase indicates the many breakthroughs in maternal health and epidemics. I love this company, their message, and the fact that they donate a portion of all proceeds to Unicef.

My heated blanket (which I’m totally using right now, ha!)

A delicious Indian dinner (and master gripe session) with my bestie

Ridgewood, NJ–my old stomping grounds

Getting to visit my friend’s new baby this weekend (only a few days old—eeep!) AND seeing a friend for brunch

Date night and discovering a new vegan restaurant with Bryan

Pizza. Just because

Witnessing a mother’s love ❤ A cardboard box fell while my downstairs neighbor stepped out for a minute and her two-year-old son was stuck crying inside the apartment. We called the fire department and they were able to pry the door open after 20 minutes. Her tears stung my heart. Of all the calls these brave boys answer to, reuniting a mommy with her boy must have been a highlight for them this week, too

The show 9-1-1 (speaking of firefighters). I have LOVED Peter Krause since his Six Feet Under days, and he doesn’t disappoint in this one either

Morning yoga with Adrienne

An InLinkz Link-up

Anthea February 9, 2018, 10:09 AM

I’m sorry about the house – I can understand you are disappointed but at least you found out now rather than later. Good luck with the search and hope you find something even better soon.
It is great how you found the silver lining in your marked up assignment. It is never easy getting outside of your comfort zone but it is worth it.
Oh my goodness – dinner and a gripe session sounds great 🙂
The food looks delicious and the vegan restaurant looks great.
Heated blankets in winter are wonderful!
Have a lovely weekend
xx

Beth February 9, 2018, 10:59 AM

Such a bummer about that house! But yes, so glad you found out about the flood situation before you moved and had an issue. The right house is out there for you, I just know it is. And oh, my mama heart goes out to that other mama and her son. So glad the firefighters came to help. I really want to check out 9-1-1. I’ve loved Peter Krause for years as well. Have a wonderful weekend my sweet! XOXO

ShootingStarsMag February 9, 2018, 12:13 PM

I’ve been watching 9-1-1 too! My mom and I are both loving it.

Aw, I’m sorry about the house being in a flood zone. That’s definitely a deal breaker but still upsetting since you loved it so much! You’ll fine the perfect place – I know it!!

Tamara February 9, 2018, 12:36 PM

mm.. I like Peter Krause too.
And that story of the toddler! Sigh.
When we were house hunting, our realtor said, “Don’t fall in love.” And I guess it’s because of the unpredictability of it all..
I didn’t listen, though..
I couldn’t.

Karen February 9, 2018, 4:54 PM

I do yoga with Adrienne too. So relaxing.
I’m sorry about the house. We had that issue when we were house hunting here in FL too.

That food looks amazing. *drools*
Have a great weekend Charlotte.

Karen @ For What It’s Worth

Shea February 9, 2018, 10:50 PM

Ugh that is too bad about that house! We had a similar situation happen when we were house hunting and I was so heartbroken! But you’ll find one I’m sure. And yes to pizza. 🙂

Lecy | A Simpler Grace February 11, 2018, 1:38 AM

I am loving that shirt! Also, those nachos look so yummy right now. Adriene is my BFF in the early morning hours. She makes my days so much easier. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

San February 11, 2018, 4:33 PM

Thank goodness you found out about the flood plain before you made an offer on the house…. it’s a bummer but yeah, you don’t want to buy in a flood plain.

I love Peter Krause… great actor!

Akaleistar February 11, 2018, 7:44 PM

The food looks amazing, and yes to a heated blanket!

Sanch @ Sanch Writes February 12, 2018, 3:34 AM

Silver linings are so important — helps us see something of value in an otherwise crappy situation. Sorry about the house but yes, it’s good you found out before you moved. The restaurant looks really cool. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Lindsay February 15, 2018, 10:58 AM

Dude, do not ever feel like you’re a failure because you’re behind in your course. You’re doing everything you can and that’s more than some of us (ahem, me). Kudos to you for taking the initiative, even if you’re a bit behind.

I feel like everything on your list is what we chatted about last Friday evening (which I very much enjoyed!). Are you around again this weekend? I’m around Friday night, I’m working a bit Saturday, taking a new girl out to some pet visits, but otherwise am free later in the afternoon. I’m also home Sunday. OMG I really, really need to make a point of doing some of Adrienne’s yoga. I’d love to get some in this weekend. That and giving Charlie a bath so he can feel more civilized.

Awww that mustve broke your heart hearing the cries of that little boy. I bet it was such a joyous reunion. Poor little guy must’ve been so scared. <3

LOVE Bryan's stack of mala bracelets (right?). They look good on him. 🙂