February goals

Can you believe we’re already 5 days into the shortest month? Since this is quickly becoming my least favorite time of the year (a lifetime of winters in the northeast will do that to you), I’m okay with the smooth transition from one winter month to the next. Bring on sunny skies and sundresses.

January was a pretty good month, and looking back on my goals, I’m happy to say that I got a lot accomplished. Of course, there is always room for improvement, which is where February comes in. But I’m sticking to my word of the year and ACCEPTANCE reigns supreme around these here parts lately.

On a side note, I accidentally deleted a majority of my emails yesterday, and while 2017 Charlotte would have had a very MAJOR meltdown about this, 2018 Charlotte is kind of relishing in the lighter load. Related: if you emailed me something pressing and it’s gone unanswered, please shoot me another email and apologies in advance 🙂 charlotte@mypixieblog.com

Let’s see how we did last month!

Personal
Use my crockpot more frequently and cook at least two meals a week – the beginning of the month started out really strong, and then This Is Us happened and I was worried about setting it and forgetting it, lol. Okay, that’s a really lame excuse; I just haven’t been grocery shopping much BUT do plan on cooking more AND using the crockpot in February (also! I’m very impressed with Crockpot’s PR team—you guys rock!)

Professional
Start the new e-course I enrolled in (about newsletter marketing) and purchase at least one more course about pitching to brands. This month, I learn! – WHEE! Yes. I still have to start that pitch class, but I’m trying to stick to a schedule of learning and am really excited about the tips I’ve learned from my newsletter marketing course

Financial
No more slacking—we need to put money aside for home. Set aside $400. No excuses! – yes! Slowly but surely, we are getting there

Here are some things I’d like to accomplish in February. Do you have goals this month? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to link up! XO

February goals

Personal—make an offer on at least one home; read 2 books; cook in crockpot more often/get back to meal planning

Professional—dedicate two hours a week to learning

Financial—we’re looking at an April move-in date, which doesn’t leave us too much time, but I’m confident we can put aside at least another $1,000 by then. That said, I’m hoping Bryan and I can both set aside $500 this month. Fingers crossed!

ShootingStarsMag February 5, 2018, 9:33 AM

Good job on your January goals. I printed out some crock pot recipes last week so I’m hoping to try some of those out soon. I really do need to be better with meal planning for dinner because that’s that worst for me. haha

-lauren

Beth February 5, 2018, 10:50 AM

You did great on your goals – especially the financial one! Way to go! How exciting that you’re looking at April for moving! I know you can do it! I’m laughing about the crockpot, they did do a good job with PR after that episode though! XOXO

Katie February 5, 2018, 11:24 AM

This is Us! (sob) But for real, CrockPot’s PR team was ON IT. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you guys with the house stuff! I know that can be a stressful process, but it’s also so exciting!

Karen February 5, 2018, 12:56 PM

Does that mean you got the house you were raving about the other day??!

I need to use my pressure cooker more. I use it at least once a week for grains but I know it can do so much more.

Karen @ For What It’s Worth

Emily February 5, 2018, 1:04 PM

I don’t watch This Is Us, but I did watch a few minutes of last night’s episode. I may have to start watching the show. I love my crockpot. I think it was cool that Crock-Pot made a statement about the episode. Congrats on your financial goal! That is awesome!

San February 5, 2018, 2:00 PM

Good job on the January goals. You killed it.

I am confident you can accomplish your February goals as well!

Cara February 5, 2018, 6:01 PM

I got very worried about my crockpot safety in January, but that was before This Is Us (which I don’t watch but that PR campaign is THAT GOOD). I went for a while cooking in it over night and warming it up for supper, but then I realized that would just mean the house burning down with the family in it. So I had a little pep talk with myself and decided I’d use it more… just in time for my daughter to start the phase where she won’t eat anything that is touching and heaven forbid anything have a sauce on it! Oh crockpot chilli, I am sure I will get to enjoy you again some day.

Kim February 5, 2018, 8:08 PM

Fingers crossed you can both just knock out the extra money this month. Then its done and you have one less things to worry about! Moving is exciting and stressful enough! And yay for menu planning! Hope you have an amazing week!

Lecy | A Simpler Grace February 5, 2018, 11:13 PM

I love that you make saving money one of your goals. I need to do more of that! Hope you have an awesome February!

Tamara February 6, 2018, 12:04 PM

Deleting emails is a bit magical, but I always worry I deleted some magic as well. Magical to delete. Magical not to delete..
January is often a slow month for my business but it wasn’t really. So when is the slow season really going to happen??? (never?)

Marina @ Parental Journey February 7, 2018, 5:16 AM

You did a great job last month! I wish you all the luck in February.. I would also need to find some professional goals, since I am so stuck in a rut at the moment.

Shea February 7, 2018, 11:08 AM

I love that you’re setting aside dedicated time each week to learn, that is so smart! I love my Crock Pot and always think “I really need to use this more” when I use it.

Anthea February 8, 2018, 6:46 AM

Congratulations on your move in April – you must be so excited! Moving is always alot of work but once that is done and you’ve moved in and made a space your own – it is so worth it.
Oh my word I love This Is Us – is it just me or was the first season (so far) sadder? I noticed I’m crying less (so far) for season 2. Maybe it is just me?

Lindsay February 11, 2018, 12:34 PM

Hey sweetie,
Love that you’ve got a short list of goals that seems pretty doable, not over the top. I reallllllly hope you find and GET your dream home, or at least a place you can work on and build roots and something to call your very own labour of love. 🙂
Im proud of you for doing the elearning. That’s tough on top of the usual day to day.

Welp, I hope February is the last month of this dreaded shit called winter. 😉

Love you momma xoxo

Shannon February 13, 2018, 9:47 PM

Oh my god the This is Us episode…ahhhh! Did you see the funny crock pot commercial Milo was in after that? It was such great marketing lol. These goals look very similar to mine especially the house saving…which I have been failing at lately… but NEED to get better at asap, too!