What’s up, weekend 1/26

Morning, sweet ones, and welcome to the almost weekend! Each Friday I link up with Beth and Lindsay as well as members from our Facebook Peaceful Posse group to share gratitude. It’s a beautiful practice and one I hope you enjoy as much as I do. Let’s get started! Here are some things I’m grateful for today:

Mini getaway with Bryan; makes me crave a longer vacation involving planes
Related: car rides and country stores
Meeting with my boss and getting a raise! I managed not to vomit on my shoes!

Zimtsterne (my mother went to a German store in NJ and picked these up for me)
Getting pictures and progress reports from Buster’s other momma; we all love him so much

Cleaning the apartment—it was hairball city up in here

House hunting this weekend

Winning a $150 gift card to Sephora! What do I buy?? Help me!

This Is Us. Holy shit, I love this show so much

Tom Petty’s family recently released his autopsy, which highlighted an epidemic in this country (and one we are currently dealing with in NJ in particular) regarding substance abuse. We all know someone affected in one way or another and this site offers sober apparel brands for anyone looking to celebrate their recovery by way of their fashion choices.

Thank you to The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake for sponsoring this post.

Jessica Bradshaw January 26, 2018, 9:23 AM

I was devastated when I saw the autopsy report. He was one of my favorite humans.

This is Us. My word. I just can’t. It’s so good and heartbreaking at the same time. Love it so.

You won $150 to Sephora!! That’s amazing. So many great things you can get.

I too love country stores. 🙂

Happy weekend, babe.

Beth January 26, 2018, 10:54 AM

Hello my darling! What a great week – congrats on the raise! That is very exciting! And my goodness the things you can buy with $150 to Sephora! What a fun thing to have won! I can relate to wanting to go somewhere further away. I have an itch to explore. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Love you!

Karen January 26, 2018, 12:19 PM

Congratulations on your raise! Whoop!!!!

have a lovely weekend house hunting 🙂

Karen @ For What It’s Worth

Kim January 26, 2018, 1:41 PM

A raise and Sephora money. Jackpot! Go Girl! We have two big road trips this summer but Ive already got the travel itch. Next month will be a beach clean up trip to the coast. But I want to explore all the weekends. David and the boys think Ive lost my mind! LOL . Hope you find some good houses!! XOXO

Lisa January 26, 2018, 1:42 PM

Congrats on the raise – always a nice surprise!
I’m so jealous of your house hunting! But that means packing, blargh!

Akaleistar January 26, 2018, 3:43 PM

Hooray for getting a raise and winning a gift card!

ShootingStarsMag January 26, 2018, 10:25 PM

Oh wow, congrats on the gift card! That’s such a fun win!!! I could do for a mini trip too – not even necessarily involving a plane, but just get away for a bit. lol

lisa thomson January 27, 2018, 8:38 PM

Definitely need coffee to go for the road trip! Ah, This Is Us had me bawling. TEARS streaming down. My Beau and I had a fire in our apartment building a few years ago. Luckily, we only suffered smoke damage but a neighbor died and we were evacuated via fire alarm at 2 am. It was pretty devastating. So…that scene at the end of last week’s episode had me reaching for the kleenex.
Congratulations on your raise, Charlotte! That is soooo awesome. And yes, i was pretty shocked by the Tom Petty cause of death. Interesting link here. Thanks for sharing that. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!!

Eli@CoachDaddy January 28, 2018, 11:27 AM

You in a knit hat, though … plus country-store candy and stuff? Awesome.
Congrats on getting the raise! I think it’s an unwritten rule that if you get the raise *before* the vomit, it still counts.
Now, I think it’s time to update my gratitude list. Thanks for being an enabler for that!

Emily January 28, 2018, 11:41 AM

Congrats on your raise and winning the Sephora gift card. It sounds like you had an amazing week! I hope you’re having a great weekend.

Anthea January 29, 2018, 5:38 AM

Congratulations on your raise!
Gift cards are the best – hope you spoil yourself 🙂
Oh my goodness, I love “This is us” but I cannot watch without tissues. Or waterproof mascara.
Hope you had a great weekend and the househunting is going well.
Thank you for your message the other day 🙂 xoxo

Tamara January 29, 2018, 1:05 PM

Zimtsterne. Yes to that! And in NJ? That makes it better.
Us Kleins have to stick together with our German roots.
Sephora! I have $25 and I’m struggling and that’s not a lot of money like you have. FUN.

San January 29, 2018, 1:55 PM

$150 for Sephora! THAT IS AWESOME.

I love their no-snag hair elastics in brown or clear (https://www.sephora.com/product/snag-free-hair-elastics-P34109) ( not very expensive either) and their blushes!

Sanch @ Sanch Writes January 29, 2018, 7:21 PM

Great that you could go on a mini getaway! The breaks are never long enough though, are they? And woohoo on the winning $150 for Sephora. I can’t help as I don’t shop there and I only have a few staples.

Lindsay February 1, 2018, 6:28 PM

Hey babe,
I LOVED your photos from bancroft! 🙂 So nice you guys were able to get away and have a change of scenery.
Girl you got a raise?!?! That’s awesome! Look at you go. See? And you were mad nervous and had little faith. You’re every bit of worth Charlotte, I know you work your tail off Monma.
You need to buy a lotto ticket girl! $$150 bucks at Sephora?! Get out! I’ll help you. Lolol!

Hope your week is good love. xoxo