The Blended Blog Asks—New Year

I’ve seen quite a few of you post your answers to The Blended Blog’s New Year, New You questionnaire and they were so fun to read I thought I’d share mine, too. I mean, who doesn’t love a good lifestyle blog prompt to help along when writer’s block is very real? That said, I have a few posts in the pipeline that I’m excited to share with you. I just don’t think they’re quite ready for prime time. Stay tuned!

(1) Resolutions or No Resolutions? I don’t make resolutions; I set goals 👊 That sounds slogan-y, but goal setting has helped me attain small victories (and let’s be real, manage expectations).

please keep this little guy in your thoughts today–we get his bloodwork results back <3

(2) Love Snow or No Snow? I used to love the snow but so much of it over the past few years in NJ has kind of dimmed my appreciation. That said, the first blanket of the season is the best, isn’t it?

(3) Name a new place you’d like to go this year? Somewhere warm, if during the winter months—Bermuda, Costa Rica, or Aruba. If we’re talking later in the year (spring/summer), take me to Scotland or Giverny (France). In my dreams? Tahiti and India.

(4) Would you rather have a new hair cut or a new hair color? Hair cut. I swear, I have no idea how to style my hair in the winter. It refuses to cooperate!

(5) Name one special thing you’d like to do for yourself this year? I’ve already started—I want to dedicate this year to learning and growing, personally and professionally. I’ve enrolled in an online class and purchased reading materials about pitching to brands.

(6) Least favorite thing about January? It’s January 🙂
(7) Favorite thing about January? Clean slate; good excuse to stay in and read and cuddle with the pup.

(8) When do you take down your holiday decorations? Early January—it’s all gone in here already and now I clean.

(9) Do you diet in January? No—but I do watch what I put in my body a bit more. I spend a lot more time in the kitchen—dicing, sautéing, experimenting.

(10) What area of your home do you want to organize the most? The bedroom. I’m trying to sell some of our stuff online and right now I have bags of clothes everywhere.

(11) Favorite winter comfort food? Hearty stews and soups.

(12) Favorite guilty pleasure? Anything on Bravo.

Linking up with The Blended Blog; thanks for reading!

Beth January 10, 2018, 10:39 AM

I loved reading your responses to this! I agree, the worst part of January is that it’s January. And goals before resolutions always. I would love to go to Costa Rica or Aruba! I’m thinking of your sweet Buster, please keep me posted. Love ya! XO

Shannon January 10, 2018, 12:03 PM

Totally agree with you about January, lol! Least favorite month though is prob feb because then winter just feels so longgggg. My sis is going to costa rica like month and I’m so jealous….!

Dani January 10, 2018, 1:20 PM

MMmm… hearty stews are my fave in winter too. I’m currently planning a beach vacation for early March- need warm weather! Where online are you trying to sell your stuff? I’m trying as well but not having much luck on Poshmark 🙁

Akaleistar January 10, 2018, 1:52 PM

Stews and soups are a must when it’s cold outside 🙂

Suzy Turner January 10, 2018, 2:42 PM

I also love hearty soups and stews at this time of month – and eating them whilst bingeing TV is just the best (provided the fire is roaring of course!).
Suzy xx

Cara January 10, 2018, 6:21 PM

“it’s January” had me laughing pretty hard. I wholeheartedly agree January is the worst part of January!

Tamara January 10, 2018, 6:28 PM

I have yet to pitch a brand! One day!!
My heart is sending good vibes to Buster. Des saw this and said he looks like Athena!

Rachel G January 10, 2018, 7:50 PM

The winter climate definitely has a big impact on curly hair! I like looking at pictures of snow…even sledding or playing in the snow…but driving or living adult life and dealing with snow? No thank you!

ShootingStarsMag January 10, 2018, 9:06 PM

These posts are so fun! I hope that Buster is okay. That’s got to be stressful. I like at least one big snow, but we haven’t really gotten much this year. It’s mostly just been really cold/freezing/some snow type of weather. Sigh.

Deena January 10, 2018, 11:13 PM

I agree- that first snowfall is the loveliest!

Anthea January 11, 2018, 6:33 AM

Thinking of Buster and hoping he is alright. That look on his face is too adorable.
LOL at least favourite thing about January!
Good luck with your online course – hope you enjoy it 🙂
I also have organising to do and need to get started on de-cluttering.

Shybiker January 11, 2018, 10:01 AM

Best wishes for Buster.

Karen January 11, 2018, 12:10 PM

I’m working on my answers for this tag. I just love them.

How did things with Buster turn out? *sending positive thoughts your way*

I used to love snow. I grew up in RI but then moved to upstate NY – near Buffalo and that pretty much killed that lol

I hate it now I can’t handle any kind of cold either.

<a href="http://http://www.fwiwreviews.net/

Natalie A January 11, 2018, 1:10 PM

I feel like we are so alike! No resolutions here, and I agree about the goals! I don’t like snow, although it’s pretty to watch it fall. I like new hair cuts and etc. Praying for your dog, and I hope he can heal soon and not have anything real serious going on. My fingers are so very crossed for you! Xo

lisa thomson January 12, 2018, 10:04 AM

Aw, these kind of posts are so fun. I agree with you on the January likes and dislikes. Plus, the darkness…I’m ready for light! I’d like to go to Sweden, or Africa if I could make a travel dream come true. Sending love to Buster!! <3

Annette January 14, 2018, 4:03 PM

Like everyone else, myself included, “It’s January”. Can we get to April already? I’m new to the East Coast, so I’m glad I’m not the only with a lack of appreciation for snow.