What’s up, weekend 12/15

Well, it’s official.

I’m hibernating.

It’s so cold out there, you guys. I really do want to socialize and see everyone but the minute my face meets the cold air, I do an about-face and crave all the soup and blankets and warm beverages. Side note: I have a three-hour eye doctor’s appointment today (who’s jealous?!)–they’re doing a follow-up to make sure I don’t have glaucoma so if you could send some good thoughts my way, it would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, it’s Friday, and if this is your first time here—WELCOME! I’m so happy to have you and hope you’ll forgive the mess. Yes, this is how my hair always looks. You can just move that stack of books wherever you find space.

Each Friday, Lindsay, Beth, and I share our weekly gratitude lists. It’s a wonderful way to slow down and reflect—particularly during a time of year when we don’t always allow ourselves this luxury. Here are some things that I’m grateful for today. Please join us and add your posts in the linky below; we’d love to have you!

Yoga with Adrienne (this video especially)

Family

Almost done with holiday shopping! I’ll start wrapping gifts this weekend

Takeout from Mish Mish, a Mediterranean restaurant in town (they have a Mish Mish Sabbish that’s mouthwatering)

Cozy Montclair
Snow—even though it’s all melting already!

An enjoyable day of house hunting… we saw two homes we really liked, but they both had big red flags for us (location, primarily). But it made us hopeful about finding something we love soon

A holiday care package from Shybiker—I shrieked when I opened it. Look at that enormous pencil (pen added to show how big it really is). I told Bryan I wanted to sit in a coffee house with the world’s smallest notebook to write 🙂 And of course, the patch. My heart melted. Thank you, dear friend!

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

Beth December 15, 2017, 9:54 AM

I just want to hibernate with blankets and never come out too. I told Nate I want to be married to my blanket. Ha! Yay for your shopping being pretty much done! And what a fun package from Ally, that pencil is crazy big! Have a wonderful weekend my dear, thinking of you and the eye stuff today. XOXO

Kimberly December 15, 2017, 1:17 PM

Sending you healing thoughts my friend. I hear you on the cold. It’s absolutely ridiculous here too. My raynaud’s purple mombie zombie fingers are in full force and my kid keeps asking me to show his friends how black they can turn. Sigh.
That’s a cool care package that you got from Ally. Now how in the world are you going to sharpen that pencil??? LOL

Kim December 15, 2017, 1:19 PM

That pencil is massive. Love it! Happy mail!! Fingers crossed for the perfect house to show up soon! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Shann Eva December 15, 2017, 2:52 PM

Best of luck with your eye exam! Three hours seems brutal. I think I’m done with shopping too, but I’m dreading wrapping. i can’t do it to far ahead or I forget what’s in the packages 😉 Hope you have a great weekend!

ShootingStarsMag December 15, 2017, 3:25 PM

Aw, that care package is so sweet!
I hope your eye appointment went well – and that you get good news!!
I’m with you on wanting to hibernate; good thing most of my plans coming up are indoors. haha

Courtney A. Casto December 15, 2017, 4:16 PM

Eye stuff is no fun! Hoping everything is okay…thanks for sharing the scary stuff on your blog!

I will also be under blankets until about mid-March so I’ll see you there!

Akaleistar December 15, 2017, 4:17 PM

What an awesome holiday care package!

Lisa thomson December 15, 2017, 8:04 PM

How nice to get a fun package like that! LOL the pencil and the smallest notebook—:D. It’s been warm here but the darkness really makes me a bit of a homebody. Good for you for finishing your shopping early! Have a lovely weekend, Charlotte!

Shannon December 16, 2017, 10:02 AM

Hope your appt went well Charlotte! That little Christmas store setup is SO cozy, Im in love with it. hope your weekend is fabulous….!

Shybiker December 16, 2017, 11:11 AM

My favorite Mediterranean restaurant here is closing, so you’ll have to take me to Mish Mish during our next visit. Thanks for the shoutout; great pic!

Tamara December 16, 2017, 3:49 PM

Holiday care packages make the world go round.
I haven’t been to Montclair in a few years! Last time I went was this time of year and it was such fun to stroll.
I want to stroll!
I’m hibernating too, though. So conflicting.

Sanch @ Sanch Writes December 17, 2017, 2:09 AM

Hoping you don’t have glaucoma and wishing you well. Lovely gifts from Shybiker. And great that you’ve done most of your shopping! 🙂 Have a good week ahead

Jessica Bradshaw December 17, 2017, 11:02 AM

I am jealous that you are almost finished with Christmas shopping. That’s awesome. I got a little done and will be wrapping tomorrow. Still have about half of my list to get.

Karen December 17, 2017, 1:17 PM

lol I didn’t notice just how big that pencil was until you pointed out the pen next to it. Love it!

For What It’s Worth

Lindsay December 21, 2017, 3:08 PM

Shit girl, are you okay? How was your Doctor’s appointment?
Dude, this weather is bananas. Last week if was FREEZING, like wayyyyy into the minus, and then this week, it’s almost balmy!! Such bipolar weather.

Are you all ready for the holidays? I’m not. Not yet, at least. LOL

What a lovely and thoughtful package from Ralph. Such a sweet man. 🙂
Hollymoo looks like the kind of store I could spend far too long in, and far too much money. It’s very cute.

Bryan needs to take a photo of you writing with that pencil. 🙂

I’m so behind, per usual, but I hope that I catch up on all the things next week while I’m off, and relax of course.
I hope your week has been good (it’s going by at warp speed, isn’t it?!).

Love you momma. xoxox