December goals

Happy December! I love sharing goals each month because they help me stay on track while serving as a benchmark for personal growth. I also love to link up with friends from the Peaceful Posse Group to see how everyone else is doing each month.

Let’s look back at November:

Personal: I vow to take time for myself this month—gym when I need, manicures when I want a pampering, reading to feed the brain…. perhaps I’ll even use that massage certificate gifted to me for my birthday in April (yikes, I know!) – DONE! Okay, so maybe I didn’t use that massage certificate YET but practicing self-care was a biggie last month

Professional: Take advantage of being in the presence of bloggers by mingling at an event this month. In addition, I’d like to explore ways to share my heart on my blog while also making it a viable source of supplemental income – YES! You can see my post about the Babbleboxx event here; I’ve also been reaching out to sponsors and working on getting more income through this little corner of the web AND managed to post a lot of posts in November that I’m extremely proud of (this one in particular)

Social Media: Dedicate a bit more time to figuring out how to maximize Instagram and Pinterest traffic. – This one is both yay and nay. I definitely focused my attention on Instagram, and reached 1,000 followers on Pinterest, but overall, I could have done more

BONUS: I’ll never crack the anxiety spell, but November is a time of year when it can sneak up on me and do some serious damage to my psyche. Less is more. Self-care is important. Laughing, friendships, a cup of warm coffee, doggy snuggles, and long drives to new places—these will be the benchmarks by which I’ll measure my happiness this month. – abso-friggin-lutely 🙂

I think those were the best goals I ever added here, maybe because they were a bit ambiguous but still challenged me to put my needs first. Looking back, I knocked it out of the park, and I don’t think I’ve ever felt that way at the beginning of a new month.

With this in mind, here are some goals I’d like to implement during the month of December. Please join me by linking up—I’d love to hear from you and see what you’re up to this last month of 2017. GAH!

Personal:
Read as many books as possible
See friends frequently
Practice more yoga/mindful meditation

Professional:
Examine options for growth in the new year. My job title has changed immensely since I started, and I want to spend some time thinking about where I see my job heading in 2018 and beyond

Financial:
Put aside $400 for house fund; it’ll be a bit difficult this time of year, but we have to hustle if we’re hoping to move this spring. This probably means selling some stuff on eBay and in local Facebook groups

Random:
Spread cheer to friends and anyone in need of a pick-me-up (this time of year can do things to people)
Continue the house search
Play Christmas music and do holiday things

Excited to catch up with you and see what’s on your goal digging list this month. Here’s to a happy and healthy December!

An InLinkz Link-up

ShootingStarsMag December 4, 2017, 8:57 AM

Great job on November goals! You really did hit it out of the park. I think one of my biggest goals this month is to keep eating as healthy as I can, and being as active as possible. I’m still hoping to lose a few pounds this month – despite all the food! LOL I also just want to enjoy as much of the holiday season as I can!

Beth December 4, 2017, 10:49 AM

You crushed your November goals! That is awesome!! I am loving your December goals as well, I am pretty sure you can rock them! Saving the money for your house fund will be tough, but worth it in the end! We’re saving for our bathroom remodel, so I kind of get that one a little bit. Here’s to a great December!! XO

San December 4, 2017, 11:45 AM

Wow, good job on the November goals. Writing goals down really seems to work for you 🙂

I know you can crush your December goals as well!

Dani December 4, 2017, 12:07 PM

I’m not good with ambiguous goals, but you rocked November. Good luck with your December goals! I like “do holiday things” haha. Also, if you happen to be selling a couch, please let me know! I’m in the market for one 🙂

Shybiker December 4, 2017, 12:17 PM

Good for you for knocking it out of the park!

Tamara December 4, 2017, 12:54 PM

I’ll never crack the anxiety spell either but it seems like you rocked November.
I don’t have a clue how to grow Pinterest followings! Mine has plateaued for ages now!

Akaleistar December 4, 2017, 2:11 PM

I want to read as much as possible this month, too! It’s such a great way to relax from all the holiday stress.

Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries December 4, 2017, 3:19 PM

You did awesome on your November goals! My main goal in December is to make the holidays feel as happy, warm, and stress-free as possible 🙂

Shann Eva December 4, 2017, 4:22 PM

Nice job on November! That anxiety one is especially impressive to me. I’m hoping to make my December less anxious and stressful for sure. I love your goals this month too.

Leslie December 4, 2017, 9:10 PM

Way to go on knocking out the goals last month, I am sure this month will be no different. I hope to start making a few goals in January, I think life may give me a little break then. Good luck with this months goals!

Katie December 4, 2017, 9:23 PM

I’m really reflecting on where my job & career in general are heading in 2018 as well. Spending this week in Seattle with the rest of my team, I hope will bring me some clarity.

Anthea December 5, 2017, 6:13 AM

Well done on your November goals. I’m so glad you took time out for yourself because self-care is essential especially this time of year when things get busy.
Good luck with your December goals – I know you’ll do great.
I love the random ones you included 🙂

Sheryl December 5, 2017, 7:31 AM

It is so important this time of year to spend some time reflecting on where we are and what we want – but equally important to take care of ourselves. I love that you have a goal of playing holiday music. I think that is an item that can get overlooked.

Linds December 5, 2017, 1:42 PM

Girl, You’re always spreading cheer and love all around you and I am especially grateful for you and for your kindness. <3

Wishing you a fabulous, healthy and fulsome month of December love. <3 xoxox

Love your goals for December – I think one of my new years goals is to incorporate way more yoga into my life and MAKE time for it.

lisa thomson December 5, 2017, 5:06 PM

Awesome November, Charlotte! Your December goals are very realistic too. Taking advantage of the season and enjoying those things is important as well. Congrats on the blog posts and getting your sponsored material in. Great way to make some $$$.