What’s up, weekend 12/1

“Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Isn’t that a delicious quote? It spoke to me this morning. Last night I thought about all of the children’s books I read late at night when I first developed a love of reading and the many lessons and beautiful artwork contained in those hardcovers. I may have to make a trip to my local library and find them again. Frederick the Mouse. Winnie-the-Pooh. All of the Shell Silverstein books that left an imprint before I even understood why.

Each Friday I link up with Lindsay and Beth and we share our gratitude lists. Just yesterday, I discussed wanting to be a bit more mindful about this practice—I want to dig deeper, form meaningful connections, and use this space to connect with you authentically. It’s important to me and I think for a while I was just listing things to list them but that defeats the purpose of this exercise. It’s possible some weeks I’ll have fewer items on my list. That’s okay, if all of those made an impact that week.

Make sense?

Okay, let’s dive in to the gratitude 🙂

Melting potatoes. I tend to stick to the same recipes, but made something a bit different last night and they were a huge hit here. I even received compliments from Buster and Bryan

A new dress! I dunno where to wear this yet, but I got it on sale for $40 (regularly $130) and I can figure out a purpose later, ha!
Friends. There’s something undeniably special about the connections that women form

My momma. She drives me completely crazy, but I love her so much and I don’t know what I would do without her wisdom and eclectic tendencies

A delicious Middle Eastern lunch and wonderful conversation with a friend

Bryan. I have to drive back down to Basking Ridge this weekend for more testing and I told him I was okay doing it alone, but he offered to drive and bring Buster for moral support <3

Sunshine

This face (and those ears!)
What’s on your list of gratitude, sweet peas? Happy weekend, everyone!

Beth December 1, 2017, 9:58 AM

I LOVE that dress! You are look amazing in it and what an awesome deal! Buster’s face..I can’t even. And how sweet is that of Bryan to ride down with you and bring the pup along too! Thinking of you my dear and hope you have a good weekend. XOXO

Courtney A. Casto December 1, 2017, 11:47 AM

That dress is beautiful! Great find!

I’m all about connecting authentically and I think it’s wonderful you want to be more mindful about gratitude. I’ve been working on building connections with people and building community through blogging. It’s definitely a practice that requires conscious cultivating!

Shann Eva December 1, 2017, 1:40 PM

That dress is gorgeous and fits you perfectly! I’m glad Bryan and Buster are going with you to your appointment. I try to do a lot of things by myself, but that support is needed when you don’t even know it. Have a wonderful weekend! XO

Cara December 1, 2017, 2:21 PM

I recently heard a talk about the difference between being thankful and being grateful, and how one comes from the mind and one comes from the core. It’s always good to practice thankfulness but even better to truly be grateful.

Jessica Bradshaw December 1, 2017, 2:50 PM

That dress was made for you!! WoW! I always love reading your gratitude list and seeing photos of your sweet pup. <3

ShootingStarsMag December 1, 2017, 3:47 PM

That’s really sweet of Bryan! What a good guy. And omg, that picture of Buster is too adorable. 🙂

Beautiful dress! You definitely had to get it at that sale price – I’m sure you’ll find lots of opportunities to wear it!

Tamara December 1, 2017, 11:11 PM

That’s a spectacular Buster photo. Although I’m surprised I saw it because that dress. That dress is everything. I want it to so we can be twins!

Carrie December 3, 2017, 8:23 AM

Oh, my gosh! What a fabulous dress! You’ll find the perfect place – date night material for sure. And that doggie = total cuteness!

Natalie A December 3, 2017, 11:27 AM

I LOVE your list! I love the dress. I love the dog. I love sunshine. It’s always so much better to see the positive in everything, instead of the negative. I’m grateful it’s December! I’m grateful for my mom and my husband! There’s so much to be thankful for. I could go on and on! 🙂 Have a wonderful week ahead!

– Natalie A.

Sheryl December 3, 2017, 5:25 PM

I’m so behind on reading blogs right now!! I love “catching up” – and I love that dress. I know you will be able to wear it!! As always, thinking of you and sending good energy. XOXO

San December 4, 2017, 11:44 AM

What are melting potatoes?

That dress is stunning. I hope you find an occasion to show it off 🙂

Also, girlfriends are the best <3

Lindsay December 5, 2017, 4:08 PM

Woah girl, that dress on you looks AMAZING!!! You look so, so good. Has Bryan seen it yet? It’s a lot like the one I wore in September for our friends wedding.

Girlfriends ARE the best and more importantly, YOU are the best and so much more than I could ask for. Truly, truly blessed to have you in my life.

That’s so sweet and supportive of Bryan to take you to your appointments, WITH your four legged boy. 🙂

Sending so much love and good juju your way my love.

xoxoxoxoox