Thanksgiving

Keeping it short and sweet today, because I hope you’re spending this day offline and that you aren’t fretting about mashed potatoes like I am. In the end, no one cares if they have the right consistency—they’re probably already stuffed from the turkey and stuffing and all the other sides at the dinner table. And I hope you take an hour to indulge in a manicure just because you deserve one. I hope you’re excited to see your family, and not worried that your aunt will say something inappropriate, because she probably will due to her inoperable Foot In Mouth Condition and there’s just nothing you can do about it but kick back an extra glass of wine and walk away. I hope you have a very comfortable pair of yoga pants in your closet and that you wear them proudly so you can cram in a few extra bites of pie or whatever your heart desires.

Most of all, I hope you are grateful and appreciative for the good fortunes in your life and focusing on those this holiday season. I’m sending all my love to you—from my tiny corner of New Jersey—and can’t wait to catch up later this week <3

XOXO,

Charlotte

Photo by Alex Geerts on Unsplash

Beth November 22, 2017, 10:12 AM

Happy Thanksgiving my sweet! I hope you are able to relax a bit after your two meals tomorrow and that everything goes well! I’m thankful for you! XOXO

Natalie A November 22, 2017, 11:51 AM

I LOVE this post! I love how you write! Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day, and the rest of the week, too! 🙂

San November 22, 2017, 12:37 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, friend. We’re celebrating at home with a bird (chicken) and our silly selves 🙂 It’s be glorious.

ShootingStarsMag November 22, 2017, 2:56 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, Charlotte! I hope you have a great day eating lots of yummy food. 🙂

-lauren

Akaleistar November 22, 2017, 8:31 PM

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lecy | A Simpler Grace November 23, 2017, 1:01 AM

Haha! I am responsible for the mashed potatoes in my family. We are having 25 people at this year’s Thanksgiving dinner and that’s a whole lot of potatoes. I love the reminder to take a break and treat myself to a little self-care. Great idea!
P.S. I have a great crockpot recipe for mashed potatoes if you want to try it in the future. It takes all the hard work out of them. 😉

Anthea November 23, 2017, 5:34 AM

Lol at the Aunt with Foot in Mouth Condition!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Courtney A. Casto November 23, 2017, 1:27 PM

Happy Thanksgiving! I’m spending some of Thanksgiving day online reading blogs and drinking coffee. So far it’s been lovely. My Aunt is cooking so she can say whatever she wants! Ha! 🙂

Hope you have a lovely holiday!

Shannon November 24, 2017, 10:01 PM

Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving Charlotte and I adore that picture on the top- is that your feet? hehe….

I thought about wearing jeans yesterday and then thought….. no. Of course not- it’s definitely a Lularoe legging day! Haha

lisa thomson November 26, 2017, 7:46 PM

Happy belted Thanksgiving, Charlotte! So nice to be back here at my Pixie Blog. yay to yoga pants and wine on Holidays where inappropriate relatives are encountered. 😉

lisa thomson November 26, 2017, 7:47 PM

Geez, typo. Should read belated not belted. Who would ever want a belted Thanksgiving? 😛

Tamara November 27, 2017, 10:23 PM

That’s funny because I used heavy cream in my mashed potatoes and Cassidy said if you use milk too, it helps make it less binding? I dunno. I still love them! It’s all about the 15 sticks of butter anyway.
Hope you had a great one!!