Letters to the universe (the November edition)

During this time of year, creativity and inspiration often slip through my fingers like sand in an hourglass, so I am always grateful for anyone who can share wisdom and blog post ideas. Many thanks to my girl San who inspired today’s letters to the universe.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. I’ll be in the city all day today with my coworkers and have a very early holiday Christmas party tonight. I may be slow to respond, but please know that I read and appreciate every comment!

And now, my letters to the universe (in no particular order):

Dear November, I don’t hate you so much this year. Is it your beautiful fall foliage, crisp temperatures, cozy window displays? Whatever you’re doing, keep at it and I promise to welcome you with open arms next year.

Dear Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year, I’m not ready.

Dear yoga pants, why aren’t you acceptable attire for all occasions?

Dear fashion designers of the world, please see previous letter.

Dear Leonard Cohen, many thanks for writing Famous Blue Raincoat.

Dear Tori Amos, thank you for playing Famous Blue Raincoat at last week’s show.

Dear women in my life, you are awesome and I love you and we need to support and lift each other more often—like over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders (without the underwire). Deal?

Dear Bryan, thank you for being my rock and understanding that, on occasion, I am the paper.

Dear bloggers, we are all in this boat together. Some of us have more traffic, social likes, and sponsored opportunities. I hope we can remember why we do this and focus on the joy blogging brings rather than the fame, fortune, and freebies.

Dear handbags in every shop I ever step foot in, stop tempting me.

Dear clothes in my closet, I feel like we’re not seeing eye-to-eye lately. It’s not you, it’s me…

Dear Trump,

… I don’t even know where to start with this one. For the sake of my blood pressure, let’s just move on.

Dear pizza, you are my sun, my moon, and my stars and I pink puffy heart you forever.

Dear Buster, I’m biased but you are just the best dog ever and your mommas and poppas (all four of us!) love you so very much.

What would your letters to the universe say? I’d love to hear them!

Paige November 13, 2017, 8:52 AM

This was everything we all wanted to say, and I “pink, puffy heart” it.

ShootingStarsMag November 13, 2017, 9:21 AM

Love it! I think bloggers should be more inclusive and loving. You have to really love what you do to be a blogger so it’s important to not get too caught up in all the “free” stuff or money that might come with it.

-lauren

Sheryl November 13, 2017, 10:10 AM

I love this Charlotte! Right now my letter would simply be Dear Universe: I’m listening….. XOXO

Trish @ The Trish List November 13, 2017, 10:24 AM

I love this idea. It is such a great way to sort out those random thoughts that get stuck on your mind. Also, holidays.. I’m not ready either. <3

Beth November 13, 2017, 10:47 AM

LOVE this. I need to do a post like this. I agree on the handbags one – why must we love them so! And yeah, don’t get me started on Trump either….

Kim November 13, 2017, 12:21 PM

Dear Buster is right!!! Sending him some belly rubs and kisses! Now if only I could toss out underwires LOL . I need all the support I can get in that dept! hahaha. Sending love from TX! Have a fabulous week!

San November 13, 2017, 1:14 PM

Happy to help with inspiration… I draw so much inspiration from you guys, too!

Thanks for sharing your letters. I love our little blogging community and how we lift each other up! 😉

Shann Eva November 13, 2017, 2:46 PM

Love these! I have not been inspired to write AT ALL lately. I am also not ready for any of the holidays. Time is moving too fast. And I think yoga pants are acceptable for almost everything 😉 Have a fantastic party and week. XO

Lecy | A Simpler Grace November 14, 2017, 8:53 AM

I love these, Charlotte! I am with you on the yoga pants!!

KIMBERLY AIRHART November 14, 2017, 10:30 AM

Dear Charlotte, I love reading your blog. You are so lovely! xxoo

Shybiker November 14, 2017, 7:02 PM

Clever and fun! Just like you. 🙂

Akaleistar November 15, 2017, 8:34 PM

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could wear yoga pants everywhere? Surely someone is working on the all occasion yoga pant…

Tamara November 16, 2017, 12:19 PM

You were a lot nicer to Trump than I would have been! Much less swear words.
And November. It’s not so bad this year! Although it’s cold November rain today.

Lindsay November 17, 2017, 12:31 PM

The. Best. Love this blog post idea, too. Seen a bunch of bloggers do the same and I may or may not have to copy. LOL 😉 xo

Shannon November 24, 2017, 10:05 PM

I have never seen this type of post before but I LOVE it! I may have to follow suit and link back to you ladies…. 🙂