What’s up, weekend 10/27

This post is largely about self-care, which I think ties in beautifully to our regularly scheduled programming and the Friday linky I feature here at the end of each week. Please don’t forget to visit and follow Lindsay and Beth, my cohosts and the admins of our blog support Peaceful Posse Facebook group (come and sit with us!).

It’s been a long and draining week. And each week I feel like I say that, which is why these posts mean the world to me. I need to slow down. To reflect on the good and plenty as opposed to the lack of and exhaustion.

So, let’s jump in, shall we? My happy thoughts for the week:

Discussing upcoming vacation ideas with Bryan. It might be a while until we can take one, but the planning stages are always fun regardless

Yoga with Adrienne. Last night I desperately needed it, and I felt like I was walking on a cloud after her anxiety relief session. I also made a decision to order in, as opposed to cooking which provided a nice reprieve after a week of cooking

Meditating every day this week

Opening the doors of a pizza shop and stepping back in time

The book The Princess Saves Herself in this One (have you read it??)

Chasing sunsets

Long phone call with an old high school friend—and picking up right where we left off

Receiving a gift card and treating myself to new clothes and gorgeous new boots

Laughing with friends at a Ray LaMontagne show

This.

Have you entered my Aflame card game giveaway? I’m giving away three sets of cards, so many opportunities to win your own! Also! STAY TUNED!!! I’m going to feature a review of my new favorite drink next week. It’s vegan and it’s like drinking a chocolate bar. The one I am currently obsessed with is called the Nilli Vanilli and there are all kinds of recipes online to make dessert-flavored cocktails. HOLY YUM!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! What’s on tap for you, sweet friends? XOXO

lisa thomson October 27, 2017, 10:32 AM

Nice list, Charlotte! Yoga really helps my anxiety and when I’m feeling overwhelmed. New boots? YES. Please do show us a pic. Love your response about the directions, LOL> I always give wrong directions. A young guy asked me if I knew where Pizza Hut was (I live in a small town) I unwittingly sent him to Pizza by the Slice, the OTHER pizza place, and he was supposed to meet someone. Should have responded like you. Have a great weekend, Charlotte. That drink sounds amazing by the way. Anything chocolate and booze…I’m in!

Beth October 27, 2017, 10:51 AM

There was something about this week for sure. We had a lot of sickness in our house and it was just kind of blah. But like you I’m all about the self care and I love our weekly gratitude post! I am glad you got a gift card to get some new clothes. New clothes always make me happy, lol. The directions thing is too funny. What did we do before GPS?? I hope this next week is better for you my love and that you have a great weekend. XOXO.

San October 27, 2017, 11:35 AM

My week felt extra long too (maybe because I am workinig 5 10-hour days this week instead of 4…) needless to say, I am ready for the weekend!

I am happy to see though that you found many happy thoughts during this hectic week! Happy weekend, my dear!

Shannon October 27, 2017, 1:27 PM

Lmao at that quote omg. I think the same thing all the time when people ask for directions. I’m sorry you feel drained, I am with you on that girlfriend. That sunset, though!

ShootingStarsMag October 27, 2017, 3:42 PM

I’m sorry you had a rough week. I hope this weekend is much better for you. I’ve taken one yoga class so far, and I’m going again this Sunday with a friend so we’ll see how it goes. LOL I have dance class tonight though so that should be fun.

OMG! i love that quote so much. That’s how I’d give directions too!!

Planning vacations are fun! I really want to get back to NYC again.

Divya October 28, 2017, 8:43 AM

BAHAHHAA. Yes to the “type your address in the phone” thing. My husband and I were just talking about this. Every time we leave a family friend’s house (of our parents generation), they always want to give us directions and we just stand there smiling and nodding and let them go through the whole spiel on how to get back to the freeway. When, in reality, we are just going to get back in our cars and WAZE it. Hahahaha.

Akaleistar October 28, 2017, 7:46 PM

I think I may have to read The Princess Saves Herself in this One 🙂

Sanch @ Sanch Writes October 29, 2017, 4:49 AM

I’m impressed you were meditated every day during the week. I’m trying to get back into yoga but haven’t yet tried. Enjoy planning your holiday! 🙂

Karen October 29, 2017, 1:28 PM

We just booked a vacation for a weekend in Ashville NC in December. I can’t wait.

We haven’t been away or in colder weather for too long.

For What It’s Worth

Anthea October 30, 2017, 4:25 AM

I’m sorry you had a long week but glad that the yoga helped. I really need to go to a class sometime soon – keep hearing such good things about yoga. That sunset is beautiful – always a stunning way to start the evening.
Planning holidays are such fun – enjoy the whole process – it is part of the experience.
That pizza shop sounds great.
Gift cards are always wonderful – glad you spoilt yourself and got some lovely goodies.
Here is to a great week 🙂

Tamara October 31, 2017, 10:17 AM

I gave my sister a gift card and she got gorgeous new boots too! It’s the thing.
That sunset takes my breath away!
I wish I could plan vacations better. We’re doing our annual Disney trip, luckily!

Lindsay Flynn November 1, 2017, 3:06 PM

Hey sweet pea,
Look at you go, yoga, meditating on the daily. Good for you babes, I need to incorporate (more) yoga in my life once I get back to normal things at the gym. I need it and the positives one reaps from it are countless.
Nilli Vanilla.. LMAO Man I was crushed when I found out they lip synced, was I the only one? Am I dating myself here? LOL!
Do you guys have any places or areas of the world that are piquing your fancy? Our next trip is next year to Barbados and I think that’ll be the only thing that gets me through the winter.

Gotta run sweets, love ya! xoxox