Currently—the October edition

I can’t believe I haven’t written one of these posts since July. I tend to recycle these on days when a) I got nothing or 2) it’s been a long weekend. Today we have a combination of both so let’s get started!

Thinking—about how nice it was to visit my poppa over the weekend and how much I enjoy seeing my dad and Bryan interact. It’s odd, how similar they are

Enjoying—that post-concert high I had this morning. I went to Red Bank, NJ yesterday to see Ray LaMontagne with some friends and it was a really nice show. Mellow, but some moments will stay with me as they were hauntingly beautiful

Feeling—that Trader Joe’s Hot and Sweet Pepper Jelly on a honey graham cracker with mascarpone cheese is the most heavenly combo created

Wearing—Flare bottom jeans and a white crochet sweater thing with watermelon socks

Needing—to shower probably and to wash my hair definitely

Wanting—my new boots to arrive quickly. I’ve had a pair from Payless for almost ten years and I’ve decided it’s time to part ways, sadly

Listening—to the sound of my Baba gently snoring next to me; and that “Who can relate? WHOO!” song (it’s on the radio frequently and discusses suicide and depression). Also check out this pic we took together over the weekend. Don’t you just want to squish his face?!
Making—plans for the weekend. Oktoberfest? Painting pumpkins with friends and their kiddos? Will be a fun one, regardless 🙂
Eating—a leftover peanut Thai bowl from a vegan restaurant in neighboring Verona, NJ. I’m so disappointed to say that it sounds better than it actually is. Doesn’t this look like it should taste delicious??
Drinking—reheated hazelnut coffee that I brewed at 7am this morning

What’s on your Currently list, my friends?

Beth October 23, 2017, 12:19 PM

Sometimes a post like this is good though to take stock of what’s going on! I am glad the concert was good! I love the picture with Buster! I have not tried this combo from Trader Joe’s but it sounds like something I would most definitely enjoy. I’ll need to get over there and get some stat I think. I hope you have a great week my sweet! <3

Divya October 23, 2017, 1:31 PM

That totally looks like it should be delicious; what a bummer it’s not!! I just saved a recipe for a peanut sauce that I want to try and make. Maybe I can create a bowl similar to this that actually IS yummy!!!

My favorite TJ’s combo is brie + fig jam on any one of their crackers. Mainly because I love that I HATE brie and I HATE figs but when it’s combined, it all tastes PERFECT.

Katie October 23, 2017, 2:33 PM

I haven’t done one of these in awhile so I think I’m going to have to do one in November! I love peanut sauce recipes, so that’s a total bummer. Right now I’m loving pumpkin muffins I made over the weekend!

Kim M October 23, 2017, 3:56 PM

What kind of taste but trickery is that! Not cool, because it does look good 🙁 I will glady squish puppy faces and give belly rubs lol. Have a great week!! Xoxo

Shannon October 23, 2017, 4:22 PM

Sounds and looks awesome Charlotte! I would so love to see Ray and I love how you described his concert as hauntingly beautiful…

Shann Eva October 23, 2017, 6:34 PM

Sounded like a great concert, and a really nice weekend. That bowl does look like it should be delicious…bummer. Hope you have a great week, and can’t wait to hear what you decide for the weekend.

ShootingStarsMag October 23, 2017, 6:41 PM

I had a pumpkin painting library event this past Thursday and it was a lot of fun! I don’t usually get the chance to pain pumpkins.

Ooh I love that song. It’s by Logic. 🙂

Akaleistar October 23, 2017, 7:44 PM

Sounds like you are up to lovely things!

GiGi Eats October 23, 2017, 7:54 PM

Ugh, it’s almost november and I am wearing NEXT TO NOTHING because it’s currently 102 degrees outside!

Lecy | A Simpler Grace October 23, 2017, 10:00 PM

I am SO jealous that you got to see Ray in concert. He is one of my all-time favorites. That peanut Thai bowl looks so yummy. Yay for leftovers!

Karen October 24, 2017, 6:33 PM

Sweet puppy pic.

For What It’s Worth

lisa thomson October 25, 2017, 11:08 PM

I like these currently posts. I feel like I’m with you, hangin’ out. Absolutely adore that pic of you and Buster <3

Tamara October 26, 2017, 9:41 AM

Cutest squishy face photo ever!

Also you are not the first to talk about that Trader Joe’s jelly this week. I’m so intrigued!