October goals

I don’t typically fall into a funk this time of year but I’ve had to take a bit of a step back from the blog and social media in general because I was starting to question humanity. Sometimes I don’t know what to do with all the sadness and it’s easier to retreat. That said, I’m always here if anyone wants to talk about well, really anything. I think we could all use a healthy amount of distraction and a large heaping of humanity, am I right?

Let’s dive into our monthly goals and see how we did in September, shall we?

Personal

• Find a home for our foster pup Hannah <YES! And it is the best home ever! Thankful I still have contact with her poppa who sends me updates and occasional pictures
  • Read two books <Nope! I did finish The Marriage Pact however which was excellent and highly recommended
  • Sell/get rid of some stuff <yes! I donated a bunch, sold some things, and am feeling lighter as a result

Financial

• Put aside $400 for the home; $40 for travel <SCORE!

Professional

• Reach 4,500 followers on twitter <8 followers short as of this morning. Almost there 🙂
  • Write three sponsored posts <Only made it to two but I’m happy with that
  • Pitch 1 brand a week <Fail. But I ended up getting a lot of freelance work this month, so I wasn’t able to do as much pitching.

Overall, I’m happy with results for September, all things considered.

Here are some goals for October (going to keep it simple this month again!).

Personal

• Read two books
  • 5-minutes of meditation daily (just downloaded the Simple Habit app to help!)
  • Gym 2x/week

Financial

• Same as last month–$400 for home; $40 for travel

Professional

• Pitch 1 brand a week and follow up with some previous sponsors
  • Reach 2,250 bloggers on instagram and get engagement #s up
  • Figure out the elusive work/life balance—last month was very work heavy and I need to bring life into the equation again 🙂

What are some of your goals this month? Let me know in the comments!

Beth October 5, 2017, 9:29 AM

Keeping it simple is the way to go I think when things get overwhelming. So hopefully October is a better month overall! I’m glad that Hannah is doing well in her new home and that you get updates! And way to go on your financial goals! That is awesome! Love to you my sweet! xoxo

Kimberly October 5, 2017, 11:30 AM

My goal is to not melt down because I’m solo parenting while Shawn goes to Japan. I have to take Chunky to a hockey tournament and the hockey moms aren’t talking to me for whatever reason. It’s because I refuse to wear leggings as pants and I don’t bring snacks. What hookers.
And go you on the Instagram! I am forever stuck on this number – I forget what it is but Im stuck.

Kim October 5, 2017, 12:04 PM

You did good! And I bet you will again this month. Sometimes stepping back is needed. I hid under the covers for most of the week. Im so glad you will get to keep in touch with Hannahs family. I have become close with a few of our fosters families. Love it. Hang in there girl, Fridays right around the corner!

Torrie October 5, 2017, 3:39 PM

It definitely has been a rough little while–it seems like every time you turn around, another catastrophe has happened somewhere. I liked how you phrased it, though—sometimes we all need a little distraction and a big dose of humanity. So true!

Looks like you did pretty well on your goals for the month! I’m a super list-oriented person, so I’m always bummed if I can’t fully check off an item, but I constantly remind myself that any progress is better than no progress, so I allow myself to give one-half of the “X” through the checkbox, ha ha 🙂

ShootingStarsMag October 5, 2017, 8:20 PM

Sometimes getting off the internet is the best thing you can do for your mental health! I hope you find a good work/life balance this month. October is my favorite month, and I have a lot of fun things planned, so I’m excited about that. I’d really love to do more sponsored posts but it just seems like I never get accepted, etc. I think I just need to grow my blog view numbers but nothing seems to be working. Sigh…

Lecy | A Simpler Grace October 5, 2017, 8:56 PM

Great job on your goals last month! I’m so glad you found a forever home for Hannah. It’s always such a great feeling to see dogs placed with families who will love them. 🙂

Penny Struebig October 6, 2017, 6:28 AM

Way to nail your September goals! I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that September is gone and we are in October.

Dani October 6, 2017, 1:12 PM

I had to check but I’m already following you on twitter and IG! I’m trying to keep it simple regarding goals this month as well. You rocked September- good luck with your October goals!

StephTheBookworm October 6, 2017, 4:35 PM

Love that you were able to save so much money for your goals. Awesome job. And YAY for finding the pup a good home. Love it.

Happy weekend. <3

San October 6, 2017, 4:37 PM

What do you do to get more followers on Twitter and Instagram? I guess my question is a little futile, because I know I can only slowly grow my followers (because my accounts are private). But maybe there are any tricks?

Tamara October 10, 2017, 10:16 AM

I still haven’t finished The Marriage Pact! I’m excited to get there, though. I’m glad you liked it!!!

Lindsay October 12, 2017, 1:38 PM

Hey babes,
The savings you’re putting aside every month is awesome! Good for you, that right there is inspiring for me personally.
I’ve picked up more reading lately and I’ve missed it – I need to make it more of a priority.
Good luck on your goals for October my sweet. xoxoxox 😉