Top 5 Favorites

Happy  October, sweet little pixies! I have grand plans for the month, but truthfully, I’m mostly looking forward to tucking September into the memory bank. I’d like to thank one of my nearest and dearest bloggy friends, Linds of The Flynnigans, for tagging me–these prompts are always a fun way to get SOMETHING down when the ol’ noggin is not cooperating.

This tag was created by Hannah from A Tiny Girl’s Big World, because she wanted to gain insight into the writers of her favorite blogs. If someone knows where she blogs, please reach out to me! I can’t seem to find this info and would love to link back to her. The idea of the tag is:

“There are a series of topics and you have to answer each one with 5 answers (Only once in your post can you add a sixth if you’re really stuck on a particular topic). This way, your readers have a chance to find out a little more about you and hopefully, they’ll be able to connect with you a little more when reading your other posts.”

Here we go!

5 Favorite Things To Do:

Discover new vegetarian foods/restaurants

Spend time with dogs (sometimes I prefer their company, but don’t tell anyone!)

Read a good book

Sushi with girlfriends

Take meditative walks

5 Favorite Movies:

Oh, man I suck at movies (just ask Bryan!). Here are a few I enjoyed back when 🙂

Office Space

Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion

Cool Runnings

Father of the Bride

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

(side note: I’m not sure what this list says about my taste in movies?!)

5 Favorite TV Shows:

(you mean like, aside from all things Bachelor and Real Housewives of wherever the eff?!)

Six Feet Under

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones (as of late)

This is Us (TISSUES!!!)

Modern Family (Mitch and Cam. I die)

5 Favorite Songs (at the moment):

The Revivalists — Wish I Knew You

Elephant Revival – Sing to the Mountain

Tori Amos – Climb

Jon Bellion – All Time Low

Old Crow Medicine Show – Wagon Wheel. I can listen to this on repeat for the rest of my life, and it never grows old

5 Favorite Blogs to Read:

I had a hard time with this question because I never want to play favorites, and truthfully, there are a lot of blogs in my reader that add something different to my world. Here are some that come to mind, but I’m always happy to share the extensive list 🙂

Tamara Camera Blog

Nostalgia Diaries

Shybiker

Lisa Thomson

A Simpler Grace

5 Things I’m Looking Forward to in the New Year:

Purchasing a house!

Fostering more pups

Vacation—open to suggestions! Iceland? Costa Rica? Greece?

Focusing on health/fitness/wellness

Spending more time with friends and family, especially my cousin and his kiddos. Seeing them this weekend made me realize how fast it all goes

5 Personal Facts About Me:

I speak German fluently

I used to eat mayonnaise sandwiches. Now, I can barely look at the stuff. Yuck.

Give me a dance floor, and I will make an ass out of myself

I once traded granola bars and oranges for a cab ride in Germany

I love to meet humans, but I get stupid when I see dogs—I just love them so much!

5 Best Memories (with pictures!):

Backpacking through Europe

Adopting Buster <3
The trip Bryan and I took to Ireland where we stayed in a friggin’ castle that I still can’t believe we were able to afford

Really anything involving my bestie—from climbing walls to getting a glimpse of Tori Amos in Central Park to staying in haunted hotels to road trips with loud singing

5 Bloggers I Tag To Do This Next:

Shout out to my girls (and guys!) in the Peaceful Posse group. I’d LOVE to read your answers to these questions!

ShootingStarsMag October 2, 2017, 8:45 AM

Fun post! That’s awesome you’re fluent in German; I wish I knew another language. I’m so bad at remembering things – I took French in high school and Spanish in college and I remember like…five words maybe. LOL

-lauren

Shannon October 2, 2017, 9:23 AM

You guys are so lucky you got to go to Ireland! It’s beautiful there! I love this list and you should definitely go to Greece!!!! Obviously ; )

Beth October 2, 2017, 9:39 AM

I LOVE your movie list. Those movies are totally my jam. I love Father of the Bride so much – Franc is hilarious. I had no idea you were fluent in German! That is so cool! I can only imagine how amazing that castle in Ireland was!

Kim October 2, 2017, 9:48 AM

I love this post, and am working on mine. First things first! When you say mayo sandwich, do you mean with ham or turkey or just….mayo?? You have been on some really cool adventures!! I took 3 years of French and really wish I paid attention better.

Kimberly October 2, 2017, 11:37 AM

Office Space is my most favourite movie ever. The scene when they’re destroying the copier. HAHAH!!! The stapler. I’ll burn this place down. YASSSSSS!

Shann Eva October 2, 2017, 1:54 PM

Loved reading about all of your favorites! So cool that you are fluent in German. I wish I had kept up with my Spanish. That vacation in Ireland sounded amazing. I love, love, love all your pictures. That blue wig is awesome!

lisa thomson October 2, 2017, 8:53 PM

These kinds of posts are so fun. Love all the photos you’ve shared. Aw, and a big THANK YOU for the mention as a fave blog of yours. I’m touched! 😀

I used to eat mayo sandwiches with dill pickles. The thought of those make me sick now. Impressive bargaining in Germany, Charlotte! Way to go. I took German language in University. I have a very basic understanding of the language at this point. Love you in the blue wig. I want a blue wig. Happy Monday!

Anthea October 3, 2017, 7:30 AM

These posts are always so much fun to read!
This is Us finished last week and I am ready for the next season!
That is so cool to be able to speak another language fluently.
Ireland is so beautiful – your photos are lovely.
You must be so excited to buy a house next year 🙂

Shybiker October 3, 2017, 8:02 AM

Fun post! If I’m Romy, will you be Michele? Thanks for putting my blog on your list — I feel like Sally Fields at the Oscars (“You like me! You really like me!”)

Kim Airhart October 3, 2017, 9:54 AM

ooooh this is a fun post. I might have to try this soon.
I love reading about you and I love your blog. We are the same with movies, music and tv. xxoo

chelsea jacobs October 3, 2017, 2:29 PM

This Is Us. I’m dying.

Akaleistar October 3, 2017, 8:24 PM

I love Cool Runnings!

San October 4, 2017, 3:03 PM

Ich bin so froh, dass du so eine enge Verbindung zu Deutschland hast… 🙂 makes me want to hug you.

StephTheBookworm October 4, 2017, 7:56 PM

Is that the same Wagon Wheel that Darius Rucker did a remake to?! I’ve never heard the original but I LOVE his version.
Mayo sandwiches?! EEEK! I could never stomach that lol. I can only tolerate it in small doses or in dip. My sister in law, on the other hand, dips her french fries in it. YUCK!

Lindsay October 5, 2017, 4:41 PM

Curious but why does Bryan say you suck at movies? Falling asleep? Remembering them? Staying focused? What? Lol!

Goto Greece. It’s freaking beautiful. But if you go, you gotta visit some islands and don’t just stay on the mainland. You’re super fair like me and you’ll burn like nobody’s business. The sun is so hot and strong and the water there is SO cold. But the views, the people, the food, the history, it’s beautiful.

Love the blue hair girl. 🙂

Tamara October 9, 2017, 8:42 PM

Where to start?! Thank you for that amazing shoutout!! Also, I LOVE Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion. I hadn’t thought of it in awhile, which is probably only a month, to be honest. I reference the “notebook” scenes a bit.
I didn’t know this Tori song! I’m listening to it now! Thank you!
Also, I love Modern Family but oddly, I don’t like Mitch and Cam at all. I don’t like their scenes. They’re so unromantic to me, mostly! They have their moments, though.
xoxo