What’s up, weekend 9/29

Wake me up when September ends.

Anyone else feeling that way lately? This month has been unexpectedly busy but a good one nonetheless. I’m definitely looking forward to October and a fresh reset. Work has been insane, and I’ve been having a hard time saying no to freelance work that comes my way because we have some really big ticketed items in our future and every little bit helps. That said, I’m looking forward to the weekend, some apple picking, a birthday party for Bryan’s niece, and perhaps a visit to my cousin’s new baby boy!! <3

As is tradition here at My Pixie Blog, each Friday, I link up with my girls Beth and Lindsay and we greet the weekend with our grateful highlights of the week. It’s a beautiful practice, and one I’d like to encourage you to join–we always love to welcome newcomers 🙂

Let’s dive right in!

Sushi, Hoboken, good girlfriends, and laughter
My cousin had a baby–and he named his boy after our nana Naomi

Getting a promotion at work–I’ve been really busting my hump lately, so the recognition feels good!

No more ear stitches for Buster

Discussing fertility options with experts and feeling optimistic about moving forward

Getting updates from Lorraine’s new poppa–remember this little one? She was adopted! And is living her best life ever <3

the corgi formerly known as Hannah

Finding out I can get a haircut and color at my favorite salon in town at a reduced fee in exchange for being a hair model

Getting back on track with my health–last week I was in Rockland, eating mostly takeout and didn’t take my vitamins and I swear it made a difference

Receiving my first Rocksbox. What’s in my box (ha)? Stop by next week to see some pretty jewelry!

What’s on your happy list? Let us know by linking below, and wishing everyone a beautiful weekend!

Beth September 29, 2017, 10:43 AM

Ooh I can’t wait to see your Rocksbox! I did a subscription a couple of years ago, and I stopped because I wanted to save money, but I kind of miss it. It was fun! I’m glad to hear that the pup is doing well with her new Poppa! And I’m with you, let’s hit the reset in October. Love to you my dear! xoxo

San September 29, 2017, 12:12 PM

Congrats on the promotion!!

September was super-busy for me, too (hence the absence from the blogging world), but it was a good month with lots of adventuring! I am looking forward to a slightly calmer October though 😉

ShootingStarsMag September 29, 2017, 2:41 PM

Aw I’m glad Lorraine (formerly Hannah) has a new forever home!

I really need to get back into eating as healthy as possible. It really does make a difference; I get a lot of stomach aches when I don’t. Sigh.

Ooh reduced fee for being a hair model? Worth it!

Jessica bradshaw September 29, 2017, 3:18 PM

I am obsessed with Rocksbox. I love it. Congrats on your promotion. 🙂 That sweet puppy face. Ah! Love. You would be a great hair model. Can’t wait to see how it goes.

Shann Eva September 29, 2017, 4:50 PM

I’m pretty ready for the end of September too. Congrats on the promotion! That’s awesome! I’m also happy for you in regards to the news about your fertility options. And nice find about being a hair model. I totally need to find a salon that will let me do that. I need some new color and it’s so darn expensive. Have a fantastic weekend!

Karen September 30, 2017, 10:57 AM

I love October and the change in the weather. I’m in FL so it’s not as dramatic but I’ll take it!

For What It’s Worth

Akaleistar October 1, 2017, 4:16 PM

So many good things! Congrats on the promotion 🙂

Anthea October 2, 2017, 1:51 AM

I’m glad Lorraine (formerly Hannah) found a home 🙂
Congratulations on your promotion!

Shannon October 2, 2017, 9:08 AM

Congrats on your promotion Charlotte, you deserve it!! Can I still link up? 🙂

Karen Peterson October 2, 2017, 4:01 PM

After last night, I’d kind of like to go back to September.

But anyway, congratulations on the promotion, that’s exciting about Lorraine finding a home, and good luck with the fertility journey!

Lindsay October 5, 2017, 4:35 PM

Girl we haven’t talked in forever. I hope you’re doing okay.
I can see one reason why you’re so busy – you got a promotion!! Congrats hun, that’s awesome. 🙂
Lorraine is Hannah’s new name? I hope her and her dad are having wonderful, happy adventures together. I hope you all keep in touch and maybe you’ll actually get to look after her again if and when her daddy goes away.
That’s super awesome news Buster has his stitches out. I’m so happy about that.

You’re gonna be a hair model?! How neat! I used to do that when I was in my teens, and then they killed my hair overprocessing it. Mind you, it was extreme colors and bleaching so of course my hair was like straw. Lol. Oh how I loved it platinum but the upkeep, no thank you.
I hope you’re doing well and I miss you babe.
xoxoxo

Tamara October 6, 2017, 5:36 PM

I’m so glad she was adopted! I was so tempted. With us having renovations right now, it would be a dumb move but I want another dog!!
I’ll be in NJ this weekend. If I scream loudly, maybe you’ll hear me!