September goals

I love this time of year. The crisp air, pumpkin everything, fuzzy sweaters, and new beginnings. September always signifies a clean slate, despite the fact that I haven’t been in school in a gazillion years and am not outfitting children in back to school outfits.

I want to use this month wisely to begin anew. I had big plans at the beginning of the summer, and kind of fell off the wagon a bit. My workload tripled and blog responsibilities loomed, so I’m not sure I made the most of the summer months in the way that I really wanted to.

But we’ve been given the gift of a new month. So what if we’re 11 days late. It’s just how I roll 😉

Let’s look back to the month of August to see how we did:

Personal:
Go to the beach <big fat stinking WHOMP! Not in August, though I finally made it this past weekend 🙂

If you’re in Asbury Park, go to Mogo on the boardwalk for delicious tofu tacos

Finish two books <BUZZER SOUND. Wow, not looking so good so far
More city trips with the girls <I’m going to consider this a success; I met my bestie for dinner in the city one night, had a meet-up with college friends for Phish (no girls but I think it still counts), and spent a day in the city with Bryan’s mom, niece, and sister (in town from OK)
Enjoy what’s left of summer <3 Hell to the yes!

Financial:
Put aside $400 for the house / $40 for travel <SO CLOSE! I put aside $380 for home; $20 for home
Pay off large portion of credit card <I’m kind of proud of my progress in this category because we got hit with a very large and unexpected vet bill for Buster’s ear so the fact that I was able to pay off anything else is kind of astounding

Professional:
Spend two hours each weekend on blog stuff <Whee! Didn’t make much of a dent with pageviews, but still glad that I’m being proactive with blogging goals
Reach 2,500 followers on Instagram <sadly, no. Instagram followers are much harder to come by lately, or is it just me?
Pitch 1 brand a week (haven’t done this in a while but tried it recently and forgot how effective it can be) <Not really. Adding back to the list next month

I’ll be honest—looking back, it wasn’t a great month, in terms of meeting my goals. BUT it was also a pretty kickass August and I saw a lot of friends and family and generally enjoyed the last days of summer, so I think that counts for something. Here’s a look at some goals for the month of September, and I’m excited to read what’s on your list! XOXO

Personal
Find a home for our foster pup Hannah (I’ll dedicate a post to her later this week!)
Read two books
Sell/get rid of some stuff

Financial
Put aside $400 for the home; $40 for travel

Professional
Reach 4,500 followers on Twitter (I’m so close!)
Write three sponsored posts
Pitch 1 brand a week

Shybiker September 11, 2017, 9:30 AM

Good progress on the goals. I plan to visit Asbury Park in the future and will pick your brain about it for ideas.

Kim September 11, 2017, 9:35 AM

I haven’t gotten my goals up yet either, but Id like to think that I was kinda just testing the waters to get a good feel of September before I commit to anything HAHAHAH! Instagram followers are hard. That will be my focus this month too. Kinda fell off the photo wagon between switching phones. But Im back now 🙂 Have a wonderful week love. Give my love to Buster Boy!

ShootingStarsMag September 11, 2017, 9:52 AM

You might not have crossed off a ton of your August goals list but you had a nice month and that’s the main thing!! I need to start trying to save more too – it’s tough with just a part-time job. I’m on the hunt (still) for a full time one though, so hey, if you see anything remote! I’m interested! LOL

I’m glad you made it out to the beach this past weekend. Love the photos!!

I’m trying to gain more Instagram and Twitter followers too. I’m focusing MORE on Twitter right now though because I’m aiming for 5k by the end of the year, and I’m getting close to 4k so we’ll see.

Beth September 11, 2017, 10:26 AM

Summer makes it harder to manage goals I think but not necessarily in a bad way, I think getting out and enjoying summer and activities is important as well, we only have that great weather for so long! I think you’re doing awesome – and September is only going to be better! XOXO

julie September 11, 2017, 11:41 AM

I need to sit down with my goals this month too- but my really big one is trying to write and publish once a week…why is this so hard??? It sounds like you made some good progress too!

Emily September 11, 2017, 12:18 PM

Good job on your goals! I’m so glad that you had such a great month. Good luck on your September goals.

lisa thomson September 11, 2017, 12:37 PM

Good for you, Charlotte! You’ve accomplished quite a bit lately! Summer is not typically a productive time for me although, I have to admit I got quite a bit of work done on my editing. September does have that start anew feel to it. I should really list my goals for the month too. But I think I’ll keep it off-line for now. I’m looking forward to hearing more about Hannah!

Divya September 11, 2017, 2:38 PM

Those tacos look a——MAZING.
What books are you gonna read this month?!

Lecy | A Simpler Grace September 11, 2017, 9:02 PM

Instagram has been a pain to grow lately, so it’s not just you. I’m glad you got a beach trip in before the seasons officially change. Great job on your goals this month!

Crystal // Dreams, etc. September 11, 2017, 9:14 PM

We should make a little blogging mastermind group. I want to start pitching some brands, too.

Braine September 11, 2017, 9:42 PM

You may not have met your goals but you got pretty close and that’s good practice too, resetting your lifestyle so hopefully, on your next try, you’ll hit the mark!

Penny Struebig September 12, 2017, 10:12 AM

Sounds like your August was pretty fantastic even though not all your goals were met. Good luck checking off those September ones!

Shannon September 12, 2017, 11:10 AM

We can’t be too hard on ourselves or else we will get burnt out with goals! I learned that the hard way…. 🙂 This is part of the reason I have not posted a goals post in awhile, but at the same time, it does help me keep on track and stay to a somewhat “routine!” Nice job Charlotte!

Akaleistar September 12, 2017, 3:42 PM

Paying off credit card debt is such a good feeling! Also, those tacos look yummy 🙂

StephTheBookworm September 12, 2017, 4:50 PM

Kicking booty on your financial goals – way to go! Hope you find the perfect home for the puppers. 🙂

Debra @ KevinandDebra September 12, 2017, 5:42 PM

Have you heard of the 101 in 1001? I will be starting my project Sept 15, 2017. I calculated I will need to complete three goals each month to prevail.

To pay off a credit card- what a stress reliever. Good for you for making progress!

San September 12, 2017, 7:59 PM

Nice work, girl. Putting money aside always makes you feel good…. right?

Anthea September 13, 2017, 1:51 AM

Lovely photos!
I seriously enjoy reading these posts and even though our seasons are opposite I also feel like September is a time for new things.
Those tacos look amazing 🙂
I hope that you find a home for your foster pup and good luck for your goals.

Tamara September 14, 2017, 9:47 PM

I have to be honest – I spent way too much time staring at the photo of the tofu tacos. Is that cabbage, red onions, or both?
Where’s the tofu???
Ok, so August. It’s… for light goals, I think. Like more enjoyment!