What’s up, weekend 9/8

What the hell, you guys??

We are in September and I haven’t published my goals (next week—I’m sure you’re waiting with bated breath, eh?) and I barely got it together in time to publish today’s grateful list. Many thanks to Lauren for keeping my lil blog afloat his week!

If you’re new here—welcome! Each Friday, Beth, Lindsay, and I share our weekly happy lists. It’s a beautiful reminder to reflect on the week that was and give thanks for all we have in our lives. Also—if you could please keep my brother and his girlfriend in your thoughts this weekend, that would be greatly appreciated. It looks like they’ll be riding out the storm in Miami (apparently they are not in a flood zone that requires an evacuation) and I’m not an overprotective nervous hen or anything.

Moving on to the things that make you go hmmm… kidding, but who remembers that song? Anyone? Have I totally dated myself again? Super. Here are the things that made me happy this week. Let’s dive in!

This little gal right here! She’s our latest foster pup and a total sweetheart. Meet Hannah, a senior corgi mix from TX (she was in a shelter before the storm and brought to NJ to clear room for hurricane animals). She is such a love muffin and we are hopeful to find a great home for her.
Roger Waters in concert. Never mind that we probably spent a million dollars and gave up rights to our firstborn. One of he best concert experiences in my life. Flying pigs, incredible light show, the music, the 3D sound (they were somehow able to recreate the feeling of The Wall album with cackling from all corners of the theater). It blew my mind.

there was a cute outfit under this enormous sweatshirt, but I got cold, obvs

Bachelor in Paradise

Pretty doors that look like they belong to fairy houses
Updates from Buster (I can’t with his Lion King look)
Having Bryan home to help out with stupid things around the apartment and just in general. We had a good week 🙂 He’s also on his way to pick up breakfast. I’ll keep him.

Finding a new park in Morristown with a tiny beach (not super close, but a nice little escape)
The Marriage Pact. This book is amazing. Very suspenseful, and has been compared to Gone Girl. Apparently they’re making it into a movie, which is perfect because I keep saying THIS NEEDS TO BE A MOVIE after each chapter

Beth September 8, 2017, 10:34 AM

I. Can’t. Even. With. Buster. Omg that is the cutest thing. I love the Lion King, lol. I love the sweet foster pup too of course! I’ll be sending tons of good thoughts your brother’s way, that hurricane is so scary. Much love you to sweetie. And I’ll be singing things that make you go hmm all day now 😉

Kimberly September 8, 2017, 12:57 PM

First off…Buster.
Rawr.
HAHAH. Love it ya bad ass animal you.
I have not been to a concert in forever and a day. Last one was P!NK and she is my favourite person on the planet. I hope that she comes to my digs with her new album. YASSSSS. And I totally would be wearing a parka. Girl it’s like 55 degrees here and I’m layered like I’m going hiking in the Swiss Alps.
Gone Girl, I started watching the movie and I’m like, this needs to be a book 🙂 I never read the book. I didn’t finish the movie. GAH. I always fall asleep in movies. Shameless though….that show is my jam.

San September 8, 2017, 1:26 PM

Ahh, I didn’t know you foster dogs… she’s a sweetheart 🙂

And that concert… so fun! A once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Shann Eva September 8, 2017, 2:22 PM

Sounds like an awesome concert! And a great week. (I’m also loving Bachelor in Pardise!) Your new foster is adorable, and so is Buster, as usual. I’m adding that book to my list! Have a wonderful weekend, and hope your family stays safe in Florida.

Kim September 8, 2017, 3:04 PM

Awww, you got a Harvey Dog! YOu rock! I have seen how crowded the shelters have gotten here! Sweet puppers! And Simba! Im sorry Buster, but LOL! Have a great weekend lady!

Emily September 8, 2017, 3:51 PM

Buster is so adorable! That Lion King costume is so cute! I’m glad you had a great week and hope you have a great weekend.

ShootingStarsMag September 8, 2017, 4:27 PM

I’m curious about The Marriage Pact now!

Aw, Hannah is too cute. I hope she finds a great forever home, but you’re so awesome for fostering her!!

Omg – Buster’s lion king look! How adorable!!

That concert sounds awesome. I’m glad you had a nice time!

Leslie September 8, 2017, 9:19 PM

Your concert adventure looked so fun! I mean, i have never seen flying pigs! Oink. Oh my gosh i love Corgi’s and if i knèw my cat wouldn’t get along with her (she doesnt get along with anyone) id totally come get her. Hah, Buster is adorable too. Aww, i love happy animals. I hope you guys have a great weekend, prayers for your brother too!

lisa thomson September 9, 2017, 5:16 PM

What a great list this week, Charlotte! Your foster pup is adorable. I hope she finds a forever home very soon. Buster—awww. How is he adjusting to his new roommate? I’m jealous you got to see Roger Waters. I’ve heard he’s amazing and now you have just confirmed that as a fact. Pink Floyd was my high school theme music, it seemed. It was always playing somewhere, at a party, on the radio.

Akaleistar September 9, 2017, 9:26 PM

Hope your family stays safe! I have family in Florida, too, so I’m watching a lot of weather updates.

Shybiker September 10, 2017, 8:24 AM

Concert and doggy pictures — you’re stacking the deck to get views! Good to see both canines. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Anthea September 11, 2017, 6:35 AM

Buster’s pic is too adorable!
Enjoy your new foster pup – my friend’s Mom used to have foster dogs all the time when we were in high school.
Sounds like you had a great time at the concert.
Hope you have a good week ahead.

Crystal // Dreams, etc. September 11, 2017, 4:48 PM

Buster!!! That photo of him is SO cute!

And Hannah! She looks so sweet! I’m glad she was able to escape the storm and found such a great home with you guys as she waits for her new home. 💙

Sounds like you had a great time at the concert!

StephTheBookworm September 11, 2017, 7:42 PM

Awww omg, I love Hannah! She is way too sweet. I love that you foster!

Lindsay September 12, 2017, 4:16 PM

Oh my gosh, Buster kills me. He cannot possibly get any cuter, can he? So precious. If only he could talk and tell us how this all really makes him feel. Ha!

By the way, how is your brother and his girlfriend?! They must be out of power at least, right?! I hope they’re okay and are relatively unscathed, if that’s at all even possible.
How are things with that prospect that was interested in Hannah? Did they meet on the weekend?

I have some BIP to catch up on, I haven’t watched last week or this weeks.
I hope your week is going better? Mine is not and to boot, there’s tension with J and arguing about stupid ish. JOY, so much fun.

Love you babes. xoxo

Tamara September 13, 2017, 9:54 PM

I have The Marriage Pact!!
Buster is too cute.
Hannah is too!
I absolutely remember “things that make you go hmmm”