What’s up, weekend 9/1

As much as I love the summer, the month of September is always symbolic of new beginnings, heightened senses, and endless possibilities.

I have big ideas for September—not only in this space, but in my head, and in my life. There are things I’ve shelved for months (perhaps years) that I really want to tackle and I feel ready to get moving.

Let’s do this, September.

Each Friday, I link up with Lindsay and Beth and we share our list of gratitude. This linkup is my favorite weekly ritual—and with so much happening in the world (and in Texas especially), it’s important to stop, reflect, and meditate on the good and how we can continue to spread cheer to those who need it most.

On to today’s gratitude. Don’t forget to link up with us, friends!

The long weekend ahead

Grocery shopping and healthy eating

Manicure and pedicure with one of my sweet friends

Shopping date with my momma

New dress for $20—I need one final beach trip so I can show it off!

Scheduling posts (life is so much easier when you can work on these over the weekend)

90s old school hip hop sing-alongs, courtesy of Sirius

Butterfinger shakes at the gym. Even if sometimes I go to the gym just to justify the smoothie. Oops

Walking away from an online bully—I was so tempted to say something, but glad my friends talked me out of it

The Creativity Caravan in Montclair. Isn’t this sweet? I love the tree socks!

Beth September 1, 2017, 11:19 AM

Hello my sweet! I’m excited to see what September brings you! What a great find at $20 for a dress! And good for you stepping away from the cyber bully. Some people aren’t worth our energy. I hope you have a wonderful long weekend! XOXO

ShootingStarsMag September 1, 2017, 12:05 PM

Sorry to hear about the online bully, but it’s almost always better if you just walk away! People are just awful sometimes!!

I hope you have a great long weekend. I have a couple fun things planned – if the weather does okay – and then the rest of the time will be spent relaxing. I really need to schedule ahead though for the blog!

San September 1, 2017, 12:30 PM

Lots of people hate it, but I love grocery shopping and planning healthy meals! 🙂

Also, manicures/pedicures with friends are the best!

Show us that dress!! I have to get better about scheduling posts… I am always brainstorming and drafting, but I rarely have them ready to go in advance.

lisa thomson September 1, 2017, 5:03 PM

Hi Charlotte, great gratitude list. I did this for the first time and added my link. I apologize for the size of my face LOL. Not sure if I can change it.
I really needed to focus on gratitude today, so thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend!

Crystal // Dreams, etc. September 1, 2017, 7:44 PM

Butterfinger shakes?? That would motivate me to go to the gym too!

Akaleistar September 1, 2017, 9:24 PM

Tree socks are so cool! I’m looking forward to September, too 🙂

Shybiker September 2, 2017, 8:39 AM

I also view September as a new beginning. It’s rewarding to shift from the sloth of Summer to new activity, new fashion and new outlook. Enjoy!

Anthea September 3, 2017, 10:25 AM

Great list!
Those sunflowers are so pretty.
Manicures and pedicures are great and always leave one feeling pampered.
That smoothie looks delicious!
Hope you’ll show us the dress 🙂

Lindsay September 5, 2017, 3:25 PM

Hey girl,
You had another online bully?! What in the world? No one needs that crap in the life, it just brings you and others around you down. And there’s nothing at all positive about that $hit.

We must listen to the same Sirius stations, we are always listening to old school l90’s rap and hip hop and it is SO nostalgic. 🙂

A mani and pedi sounds LOVELY right about now, as does spending time with your momma.

Have a great week my sweet! xoxo

Debra @ KevinandDebra September 6, 2017, 12:42 PM

I like your What’s Up Weekend posts! It’s sad that you experienced an online bully; but good to hear you reacted as a responsible adult.

Tamara September 6, 2017, 4:32 PM

Your gym has Butterfinger shakes? That’s my kind of shake!
Online bullies are the worst kind of LOSERS I know.
Kudos to you!