The top vegan handbags you need in your life (and a special offer!)

– Posted in: fashion, featured, sponsored post

I was not compensated for this post. I received a handbag from 88 Handbags in exchange for this review. All opinions are entirely my own.

It should come as no big surprise that I have a bit of a handbag hoarding problem. The other day I went out to eat with a girlfriend and through raised eyebrows she indicated to my bucket bag and asked if it was new.

“NO!” I exclaimed, before chuckling and saying that yes, of course it is and I have a problem and someone needs to admit me to handbag rehab.

Anyway, I know my way around vegan handbags the way Sarah Jessica Parker distinguished between Louboutins. I have a few in my closet that aren’t completely vegan, most of them given to me as gifts, but I always prefer to shop ethically and patronize brands that don’t use animal products when given the chance.

Vegan handbags have come a long way over the years—when I first started buying them (around the time I became a vegetarian in 1997), they never held up very well. The handles would discolor; the edges would fray. Through much trial and tribulation, I’ve comprised a list of the best vegan handbags—based on originality, styles, price, and endurance.

Matt and Nat
I have a few items from Matt and Nat (all given to me by my boyfriend who clearly understands the key to my heart). I love this brand. These are some head-turning purses that hold up very well over time (they are available at a higher price point, so just something to keep in mind).

Gunas
I actually don’t own any of their bags… yet. I just drool every time I see them pop up on social media and have heard really great things about them. Check out their line here and here’s a pic of a bag I’ve coveting for quite some time now 🙂 PS: They have a sale on their clearance items.

Urban Expressions
My local South Moon Under sells these handbags, and they have sales frequently so I own quite a few. Very pretty colors (this blue bag is my go-to airplane purse) and they are a very affordable option for anyone looking for a killer vegan purse. I’d give them a 6 out of 10, however, in terms of endurance.

Izzy and Ali
Another purchase from South Moon Under, this is a gorgeous satchel and the caramel color is perfect for the fall. One caveat—the bottom started to fray after the third outing (you can see in the photo), and though I wear it sparingly, it gets compliments wherever I go.

Shop Suey boutique
I actually wrote about this company previously (check out my full review here). I love this purse and it’s HUGE. My only complaint is that the hardware makes it very heavy for everyday use. Or maybe I just need to build up my arm muscles, ha!

88 Handbags
A relative newcomer to the scene (at least for me!), 88 Handbags are available for purchase on Amazon and in a lot of specialty boutiques. I am now the proud owner of two of these cute bags and they are unbelievably cute and their prints are a bit different from some of the other handbags on the market. They even offer a line of convertible bags—just pop off the top, replace it with a new one, and voila! It’s like having two handbags for the price of one 🙂

I received the Jessica Color Block Crossbody in Navy, which even came with an extra- long cross body strap—perfect for curvy or tall gals. I really love this little purse, which has been coming with me everywhere lately. It’s a great size for your phone, keys, gloss, and mini wallet—just the essentials.

this photo makes me laugh. My schnoz is like a beacon in the night

If you go to 88 Handbags and use coupon code mypixieblog10, you’ll even receive an extra 10% off your order!

Do you have a favorite vegan handbag brand? Please let me know in the comments!

ShootingStarsMag August 28, 2017, 10:26 AM

Ooh thanks for sharing. I don’t know if I have any vegan purses – I don’t think so. Your new one is super cute.

Beth August 28, 2017, 10:51 AM

I like Urban Expressions bags too but I will agree they don’t always hold up well. I love the little 88 Bag you got, it’s very cute! I am fan of vegan leather bags because they are often more lightweight than real leather and I have a bad back, so I need something light. I am a bit of Thirty One fan and all of their bags are made with vegan leather, so that’s kind of my go to. Like you I have a pretty major handbag addiction problem! <3

Debra @ KevinandDebra August 28, 2017, 11:27 AM

You have just sold me on the 88 Handbags. I have just visited their website am loving what I see. The link is now bookmarked and I will be buying a new purse real soon!

Christine Tatum August 28, 2017, 1:16 PM

I just ordered 1, but I love so many of them!!!

Katie August 28, 2017, 1:50 PM

I’m definitely a bag girl, myself! My cousin came to visit a couple weeks ago and noticed my pile of bags (purses, duffles, suitcases) in my closet. She laughed that I had a lot and I do, but I don’t wear a lot of jewelry or have a lot of shoes (other than workout shoes), so purses are my accessory of choice, I guess. I did decide to get rid of a few and I’m also trying to change them up a bit more this next month and if I find I don’t like using a certain bag, taking it as a sign to get rid of it.

Lecy | A Simpler Grace August 28, 2017, 4:40 PM

Oooh, girl, you know the way to my heart! I love that you can find vegan handbags that look like traditional leather. Years ago, anything made with vegan materials either looked like plastic or were really frumpy. So glad to find some polished, structured bags that are also ethically made.

lisa thomson August 28, 2017, 7:20 PM

I have a few vegan handbags. Matt and Natt and the other, I don’t even know the brand. Both have been long lasting. That said, I swap out my purses regularly b/c I get bored and want to change up my style. Also have a Hilfiger vegan cross body. I only use that one for outings where I’m walking alot and only need to carry the essentials. Great list of options and pic, Charlotte. Thanks for introducing these brands. I love your sweater BTW. Where did you get that. I’m a sucker for stripes. Now, I’m off to check out the site.

Sheryl August 28, 2017, 8:22 PM

These bags are beautiful and it is good to know that vegan bags are holding up better than they used to. I love your new bag, it’s a great crossbody bag – and one can never have enough of them.

Trish @ The Trish List August 29, 2017, 8:39 AM

Ohh these are all so cute! I didn’t know vegan purses were hard to find when it came to durability! Good to know! Thanks for sharing! The new bag is super cute! You wear it well.

San August 29, 2017, 8:56 PM

I am not a huge handbag person, but some of those are pretty 🙂

Anthea August 30, 2017, 6:53 AM

Those handbags are beautiful! Your new bag is stunning.

Lindsay August 30, 2017, 4:51 PM

Such a nice handbag, Charlotte. I’m STILL keeping my eyes peeled for something that screams me, but haven’t found it yet. I really really like your Mat & Nat bag – love that it’s a tall/long bag. 🙂