What’s up, weekend 8/25

I think I spent four hours on yesterday’s post.

And what do I have to show for it?

Butkis.
Buptkiss.
Bupkis.

It didn’t even go live because the day was GOGOGO from the moment I opened my eyes and that’s kind of how this week has been in a nutshell.

Today is Friday, which means we link up with some special peoples to share our weekly gratitude. It’s a beautiful reminder to slow down, breathe deeply, and count our blessings, yes? Don’t forget to link up with Lindsay and Beth and add your link below!

A few things that made me happy this week:

Riesling from Warwick Valley Winery

My Fitbit finally died. I thought I would be a lot more upset about this, but I realized that it was starting to stress me out more than it was worth. And I’ve been taking a lot more meditative walks ever since; now I just don’t know if I’m reaching 10k steps or not

Beautiful weather

This guy–hates his horn, but is healing <3
Getting to spend time with my mom this weekend

Not just one, but two farmers markets this week—look at these ‘maters (and that pepper)!

Kitchen dance party to Phish’s Heavy Things – turn it up and bounce around!

Penny Struebig August 25, 2017, 9:47 AM

When you first said your Fitbit died, I thought OMG!! Then when you said it was starting to stress you out I could totally relate. We are having a Fitbit challenge at work and I bet look at mine 738357384738 times a day!

Jessica Bradshaw August 25, 2017, 10:11 AM

Fitbit is really great about replacing items that break. They sent me a brand new one. Although, if you feel relief, probably not a good idea. haha. Your photos are lovely. It seems like you have had a great week. <3

Trish @ The Trish List August 25, 2017, 1:16 PM

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous in the northeast this week! I wish it would stay like this all through winter! I can dream right? Happy weekend sweet friend!

Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries August 25, 2017, 2:16 PM

This makes me realize I haven’t had Riesling in a really long time! I love it when it’s really cold 🙂 Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Emily August 25, 2017, 3:39 PM

I’m so glad that you had a great week. Those vegetables look awesome. I hope you have a great weekend.

ShootingStarsMag August 25, 2017, 3:43 PM

I have a Fitbit, but I don’t stress too much about the number. I like that it notifies me about texts and phone calls – and I just need a watch in general. LOL

Aw, Buster – his poor little horn. I’m glad he’s doing better though.

lisa thomson August 25, 2017, 8:52 PM

Happy Friday, Charlotte! poor Buster 🙁 That pepper is ‘UGE. Great tune. Thanks for sharing Phish. I am embarrassed to say I’m not familiar with their music. I know how much you love them though, so would like to take a listen. have a great weekend.

Beth August 25, 2017, 9:32 PM

Oh sweet Buster. I hope he’s feeling better soon. Sorry you have had a crazy week love! I love that Austin Power scene though, it always makes me laugh. I hope you have a great weekend my lovely! xoxo

Lecy | A Simpler Grace August 25, 2017, 10:54 PM

I LOVE fresh produce from the farmer’s market! I’m so glad your pup is healing up. I would hate the horn too if I had to have one, but glad it is protecting him while he heals. 🙂

Kimberly August 26, 2017, 9:55 AM

Oh lawrt…4 hours on a post.
I’m surprised that your computer survived. I would have thrown the entire thing out the window.
I don’t understand the fitbit – mostly because I am a lazybit. Just kidding. People tell me I should get one because I walk every day and I tell them I have to or the metal pieces in my spine would rust and my hair wouldn’t look right. I love my hair yo.
And that pepper. What is that glorious beast? Do you eat it raw or are you cooking it? I just want to look at it really. It’s pretty.
I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Step back from that post. Soemtimes that is what you need. xoxox

Karen August 26, 2017, 5:29 PM

Oh what an embarrassing ear horn! lol

What happened to the poor baby?

I spent the whole day napping today and no shame!
Enjoy your weekend!
For What It’s Worth

Shybiker August 26, 2017, 11:43 PM

Glad you’re doing well. For me, the best part of Summer are the superb vegetables available. That pepper looks delicious!

Akaleistar August 27, 2017, 4:22 PM

A kitchen dance party sounds very fun!

Anthea August 28, 2017, 2:16 AM

Beautiful photos!
Glad Buster is healing 🙂
That pepper looks amazing!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend and the week ahead is great.

Tamara August 29, 2017, 3:49 PM

Heavy Things is in my top three favorite Phish songs!
Buster!
Good weather! We had at least a week of it and now today is the kind of day that wouldn’t be a glorious day in any season. It’s just there. Somehow gloomy and humid and not hot or cold or warm or cool. Blah!
Sorry about your post yesterday!
Is that a banana pepper? Des loves banana peppers.

San August 29, 2017, 8:56 PM

Aww, poor Buster and his horn 😉 I hope he’ll be back to normal soon.

Linds August 30, 2017, 2:14 PM

Hey lovey,

I hope this week is much, MUCH better on your boy Buster and that he’s healing beautifully. Hopefully no further problems with that ear. Darn pesky ears… 🙂
Is it just me or has the last week of weather and sunshine been just amazing?! Insanely blue skies, a big beating sun and vitamin D and just about the appropriate amount of wind to create a breeze.
This week, this week on the otherhand has been NUTS, but then again, I think every darn week is getting to be that way.

Are you doing anything fun or exciting for the long weekend? We aren’t.. we’re just laying low since we’re moving into my mom’s next Tuesday night because she’ll be away for ten days.
Have a great balance of the week my dear. xoxox