The Blended Blog Asks–Summer Edition

Many thanks to fellow Jersey Girl and Peaceful Posse blogger extraordinaire Lil Desiqua for sharing this so I can play along, too (these prompts are perfect for days when your brain just has nothing). This is part of a prompt originally created by The Blended Blog. Want to play along? Share your answers and tag me on social media (@mypixieblog everywhere!).

Let’s go!

1) Pool, lake, or ocean?
Lake. I don’t know if it’s widely known but I actually can’t swim and am deathly afraid of the water. I think that’s why I am so insistent on living in a lake community, as odd as that might sound. I don’t want my imaginary kids to have the same fears about the water as I do

a photo taken in Denville, where Bryan and I are looking to purchase our first home

2) Camping, cottage, or hotel?
Cottage. Something so cozy about a log cabin or summer cottage.

3) Favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint chocolate ice cream
4) PJ’s, Nightgown, T-Shirt/Shorts or Birthday Suit?
PJs (no apostrophe) or shorts and a t-shirt. Birthday suit… pfffft :p

5) Fave Summer Beverage?
Iced coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts

6) Would you rather be hot or cold?
Cold. You can always get comfy with extra layers of clothing but there’s just so much you can remove in public before the cops are called

7) Sandals with heels or flats?
Flats. I can barely walk in those as it is

8) Shorts or skirts?
Skirts. I think my legs are too short to look presentable in shorts

9) Sit in the sun or the shade?
I love the sunshine, but the sunshine doesn’t always love my back. Can’t I try both?

10) Water, Tea, or Soda?
Water. All day, errrryday

11) Fave Summer fruit or vegetable?
Hmmm…. Strawberries, Jersey tomatoes, and fresh corn

12) Sunrise or sunset?
Sunset. I don’t remember my last sunrise

13) Winery or Brewery?
Winery. Cheers!

14) Big summer concert or music in the park?
Music in the park. I don’t do big crowds

15) Fave cookout food?
I loved these carrot dogs we tried at a pig toast recently 🙂

16) Dine indoors or outdoors?
Outdoors…especially on a beautiful summer evening!

17) Fave summer destination?
I love Asbury Park in the summer… and it’s such a dog friendly destination (they even have a dog bar with bouncers in case the pups are unruly, ha!)

18) Big theme park or local carnival?
Local carnival… although I will not be getting on any of those rickety rides… you saw what happened in Ohio recently, eh?

19) Drinks blended or on the rocks?
I hate myself for answering this way, but probably the one with the least amount of calories. Using up calories on drinks just seems like a giant waste to me

20) Hot Dog or Hamburger?
Neither. But I will take a not dog or a chick patty if you’re offering 🙂

Beth August 8, 2017, 10:50 AM

I saw this link up yesterday too and I’m planning a post for later this week! So fun to see your responses! Since I live in the land of a million lakes I will admit to being a lake girl too. And yes, Dunkin has the best iced coffee. SO good!!

Dani August 8, 2017, 12:13 PM

I didn’t see what happened in Ohio but still not going on those carnival rides! Totally agree with Asbury Park, and “Yappy Hour” @ Wonder Bar lol! That’s such a cute pic of your pup! Thanks for the shout out!

Tamara August 8, 2017, 1:03 PM

Not Dog or Carrot Dog! I was just reading Lana’s answers to these questions, so when I got to yours I wondered what you’d say for that one. She didn’t seem interested in hot dogs or hamburgers either!

Trish @ The Trish List August 8, 2017, 1:55 PM

Us water phobes need to stick together! I do prefer a lake town as well though. Funny how that works out! Love the photo of your pup on the beach! I’m glad you are enjoying your summer!

Lindsay August 8, 2017, 3:51 PM

I read Sheryl’s post, too, and was inspired. I love the prompts. 🙂

Divya August 8, 2017, 4:18 PM

Oh heeeeeeeeeey. I’m right there with you on the drinks thing. I LOVE me a good frozen margarita but will never ever have more than a sip or two. Vodka sodas for the win – because they are the least amount of calories!

Mia August 8, 2017, 4:41 PM

What a fun link up! 🙂 Also, I’ve never heard of a carrot dog, but it looks really good! Haha. And iced coffee from DD – you’re speakin’ my language! 😉

Karen August 8, 2017, 6:28 PM

Fun, summery tag! Most of my answers are the same.

I do love water of any kind though. I swim but it’s more about being close by.

The pool – to swim, the lake – for calming scenery, the ocean – for the sound of crashing waves.

For What It’s Worth

Akaleistar August 8, 2017, 8:50 PM

That ice cream looks so good! I love mint 🙂

ShootingStarsMag August 8, 2017, 8:56 PM

Love these type of link ups. Aw, I’m sorry you’re so afraid of the water. I’m kind of like that with the ocean. It really freaks me out, but I do love a good pool day. 🙂

So with you on being cold than hot. I get hot SO quick, so I’d rather just put on more layers and blankets than trying to cool down without being accused of gross indecency. 😉

Shybiker August 8, 2017, 9:57 PM

Good answers. Fun to hear your preferences. I didn’t know you go to Asbury Park — I’m gonna visit it soon (for the first time) to check it out.

San August 10, 2017, 7:12 PM

Thanks for sharing. I love those kinds of memes because you always love something new!
Just out of curiosity: why can’t you swim?

Deena August 13, 2017, 8:58 PM

Thanks for linking up with us! Totally intrigued by the carrot dogs!