August goals

Good morning, little pixies! Did everyone have a nice weekend? What did you all do? Bryan and I spent some time with my parents on Sunday and saw Twelfth Night as performed by the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Company in Garrison, NY (so good, you guys). I’m sure we did other things as well, but you know how it goes. Monday (or, in this case, Tuesday) rolls around and suddenly you forget everything.

Some pictures from the weekend:

New month here means that I link up with the Peaceful Posse Facebook group to share some goals. Before we dive into August, let’s see how we did in July, shall we?

July goals:

Set a realistic budget for vacation, house, and emergency fund and contribute each month
<yay and nay. The summer tends to be $$ so I haven’t put away as much as I’d have liked. So this one? Fail

Go to concerts, see friends, be visible, step away from the computer, and live a little—basically connect and disconnect <yes! Many drinks and girly nights out

Read at least two books (preferably one at the beach)
<I can cross this off, though I haven’t been to the beach yet this summer!

Do one active thing a week (dance, treadmill, yoga, tennis, etc.) <yes!

Improve Instagram strategy (currently at 2,171 followers; would like to get closer to 2,500 by August 1) <eh. Not a total accomplishment but gives me something to work towards

I want to try and do something a bit different with my goals this month and organize them, not only because I think it looks cleaner, but also because breaking it down into bite-sized pieces makes them seem a bit more attainable.

Personal:
Go to the beach
Finish two books
More city trips with the girls
Enjoy what’s left of summer <3

Financial:
Put aside $400 for the house / $40 for travel
Pay off large portion of credit card

Professional:
Spend two hours each weekend on blog stuff
Reach 2,500 followers on Instagram
Pitch 1 brand a week (haven’t done this in a while but tried it recently and forgot how effective it can be)

I look forward to seeing what you are all hoping to accomplish in August! Also, today my friend’s theme song will appear in a four-part series for Cartoon Network’s Teen Titans Go! Please follow along on his Instagram and thanks!!

Kimberly Airhart August 1, 2017, 10:25 AM

You did good with your July goals, hun. I am with you on the financial goals this month. We have to replace our roof. UGH.

Sheryl August 1, 2017, 10:32 AM

I know what you mean about summer being $$… although sometimes our fall is the same way! Interested to know what you are going to do with your Instagram?? I am needing to step up my game – any advice?? 🙂 My husband does watch Teen Titans Go so I’m going to let him know about the song!! Happy August!!

Beth August 1, 2017, 10:52 AM

I like how you broke down your goals a little differently this month! I am also trying to up my Instagram following. It’s my number one social media go to, so I really want to make it bigger. If you have any good tips or suggestions, send them my way! XOXO

San August 1, 2017, 12:23 PM

Our weekend was low-key, just the way I like it. 🙂

Would love to read more about your budgeting approaches!

Mia August 1, 2017, 1:30 PM

You got a lot accomplished for July! That’s awesome. And I like that you set a goal to grow your IG. I need to do that with all of my social media platforms! 🙂

Karen August 1, 2017, 2:00 PM

I tend to spend less in the summer. It’s Florida and I’m so hot I don’t go anywhere or do anything. I’m a slug lol

I have been keeping up with my (indoor) workouts so I’m happy with that.

Good luck with you August goals!

For What It’s Worth

Tamara August 1, 2017, 3:23 PM

August is generally my craziest month. I feel like it’s when I do the most life-changing things. Like a last ditch attempt at summer. So my work goals won’t be too lofty for this month, because in truth, I should be making a goal to work less! Want to hit 10,000 in both Facebook and Instagram but that’s looking more like September.
I want to figure out some career stuff that’s come up! And I want to go meet Tim curry and not faint in his presence!

Eli@CoachDaddy August 1, 2017, 7:41 PM

I’d like to post something other than food on Instagram once every six weeks or so. I dig the way you broke down your goals this time. My goals would also involve cheeseburgers.

ShootingStarsMag August 1, 2017, 10:44 PM

great job on july goals – I know August will be even BETTER! I want to up my followers on Twitter and Instagram too. I’m getting there. I’d love to have 5k on Twitter by the end of the year – and the same for Insta, but I’m way lower on Insta right now, so we’ll see. haha

catherine gacad August 2, 2017, 1:38 AM

i love your monthly goals. it makes me want to the do the same…but…life gets in the way. ha! let’s really enjoy this last month of summer!

Dominique August 2, 2017, 2:38 AM

They all sound like very achievable goals! Do you have a system for choosing which brands to pitch to? I’m never really sure how to start with that 🤔

Kimberly August 2, 2017, 7:18 AM

Instagram is finiky. I find that the people who have a theme (colour schemes) retain their followers but….I’m a mixed bag of nuts baby. So I’ll gain a bunch and then they’ll run.
You must get to the beach. This must be number one. It’s self care baby and summer only happens once a year.
And it’s cheap.
I do not want to look at my credit card bill. Nope. Just think…I have to do school shopping in a few weeks. FUUUUUUUUUUUccccc******
On that note I’m jelly that you go out on excursions with your girlfriends.
Love you

Penny Struebig August 2, 2017, 9:11 AM

Way to go with your July goals! Don’t you kind of love starting a new goals list at the beginning of each month. I know I sure do!

Akaleistar August 2, 2017, 8:52 PM

Twelfth Night is such a good play!

Shybiker August 3, 2017, 4:59 AM

Sounds like you’re enjoying Summer with lots of activities. The Hudson Valley is lovely. It’s nice to leave even for short trips. Good luck with August!

Emily August 4, 2017, 10:58 AM

These are awesome goals. I was thinking about pitching at least 3 brands a month, but I think your idea of pitching a brand a week is awesome.

Lindsay August 9, 2017, 9:59 PM

Oh my word, I’m just now getting around to reading. My apologies, my dear.
I applaud you for making so many goals and accomplishing so much. I set the bar low so I don’t set myself up for failure. Hahaha!

I’ve got two sponsored posts coming and one is lost in the mail. Fml. Only me, and the post office has idea what the eff happened. The other is kinda neat/I’m looking forward to.

How much time do you spend on Instagram every day, I’m just curious?

Love ya babes xoxo!