Weekend in Woodstock and Catskill Animal Sanctuary!

It’s been many moons since I visited Woodstock, NY. I can recall at least one trip to a music festival back when I was a student at SUNY Albany, but my memory isn’t what it used to be (not sure it ever was much, if I’m being completely honest). For anyone unfamiliar, Woodstock is nestled in Ulster County, approximately two hours north of NYC, and contrary to popular belief it is actually NOT the site of the infamous music festival of 1969 (that took place in Bethel, NY).

I’ve had a flyer on my coffee table for weeks for the Catskill Animal Sanctuary, and when Bryan and I heard about a “Pig Toast” (in celebration of our beloved piggy friends!), we knew we had to make the trip. And yes, we raised a glass of sparkling cider and watched pigs devour watermelon. Floppy ears! I couldn’t stand the cuteness. This is how animals are meant to be enjoyed, and I HIGHLY recommend a day trip to CAS for anyone in the area. Despite the temps (close to 90!), it was a fantastic event and the vegan food was incredible (still dreaming about the carrot dog and macaroni salad).

More pics of animals, because I promised on instagram 🙂

I call this picture “DeNiro chicken”

We also went to Candlestock, home of candle mountain!

And the food. We had a LOT of good veggie eats this weekend:

On our way back yesterday, we made a stop in Saugerties (which is actually where we stayed, and a quick drive to Woodstock) to see the lighthouse.

And this, just because!

What did you do this weekend? Have you ever been to Woodstock? Also I apologize—I’ve really been slacking with a lot of your blogs and am hoping to catch up this week. You are missed!! XOXO

Karen July 17, 2017, 12:46 PM

Gorgeous scenery and that food looks delicious. What a great place for the animals.
That mediation center pic is adorable.
For What It’s Worth

Beth July 17, 2017, 1:29 PM

GOATS! Gosh I love goats. This looks like a neat place and I’m glad you had some good eats and a good time! And I love that meditation picture at the end. Hope you have a good week sweets!

ShootingStarsMag July 17, 2017, 7:40 PM

omg, that meditation center at the end is so cute! I want!!

I’m glad you had such a nice time. Loving all the photos. They are so gorgeous.

Sheryl July 17, 2017, 8:30 PM

Such beautiful photos!! And a carrot dog?? That is something I would like to try. I also can only imagine those pigs with the watermelon! Here’s to a great week!

Dominique July 17, 2017, 9:35 PM

Aw that meditation centre is just so sweet!! Love that pic of DeNiro chicken too so appropriately named!! Gave me a good smile to start my day 🙂

Lecy | A Simpler Grace July 17, 2017, 10:13 PM

Visiting an animal sanctuary is my kind of trip! And the food looks amazing! So glad you had a nice time!

Shybiker July 17, 2017, 10:55 PM

How nice! I’ve been to Woodstock twice recently but didn’t know about CAS. Thanks for putting it on my radar. Glad you had fun.

Tamara July 18, 2017, 1:25 PM

DeNiro Chicken says, “Are YOU talking to ME?”
This is fun! I’m not a vegetarian, but I actually turned down a photography job because it had a pig roast. I can’t eat meat if it at all resembles what it was when alive. Bye bye, pig roasts, lobster, and many other things..

Akaleistar July 18, 2017, 2:46 PM

Spending the day with animals sounds awesome, and the food looks really good!

Emily July 18, 2017, 3:51 PM

I love your photos! It looks like you had such a great weekend. Lately, I have been kind of obsessed with lighthouses. I’ve been having this dream over and over again about a lighthouse. I hope you have a great week.

Shannon July 18, 2017, 9:45 PM

Charlotte! You went to so many of my favorite places EVER! Fun fact…I was lucky enough to do an internship at the catskill animal sanctuary. It was kind of short lived due to scheduling issues but really worth it. And that is one of my fave places to go too- I actually blogged about this lighthouse awhile ago too! I love visiting there when I can. And that food looks amazing!

catherine gacad July 19, 2017, 12:10 AM

Yes I’ve been, but I was there for such a short time. I want to go back! Woodstock is such a cute town.

Lindsay July 19, 2017, 3:16 PM

Hey girl,
First off, why is that a misconception, that the rock festival was held in Woodstock and not Bethel? Is it simply because of the name of the festival? Things I never knew… Thanks for teaching me a new thing.
Now, on to the good stuff. That quote is SO true and exactly how I feel about animals and life and us. I just looooove all of the goats. They’re such a fun animal to interact with, aren’t they? That’s one BIG piggy. Love me pigs as well. 🙂

It also looks like you had the perfect day in terms of weather.

Something I just noted about Bryan – he’s a pink ring wearer, eh? The food looks delish. I hope you both had a nice weekend away.

XOX