July mantras and goals

I don’t know if I’m coming or going today. I suppose that’s the problem with having a major holiday fall on a Tuesday and attempting to come back to work the next day. It’s been a busy extended weekend, and it was good to unwind and almost completely unplug (Bryan yelled at me for responding to work emails on July 4th, but sometimes I can’t help myself). I’m actually kind of glad that I did because now I can ease into my morning, full cup of French Vanilla in my hand.

Did everyone have a nice one? What did you do for the 4th? And did you see some fireworks? We found a new spot this year, thanks to a local Facebook group only mildly obstructed by trees (though we actually got kicked out of a country club, because I didn’t read the directions properly… whoops!). Also we had to get used to the car alarm that went off every five seconds, lol.

I feel like we look SO tired in this photo… because we had just woken up from a nap. Yes, we old.

Some other pics from the weekend:

New car for B! We can’t wait to take Buster for a spin 🙂

Bryan and his niece are so sweet together <3

went to a moving Vietnam wall memorial on the 4th

A new month means a new season to reflect on ways to improve and grow. I love setting up these monthly mantras (and linking up with my homies from the Peaceful Posse group) because it gives me something to strive towards. Even when I don’t live up to the goals I’ve outlined, I feel I’ve accomplished something simply by stating my intentions. So let’s dive in and see how we did for June!

June goals:

Spend less, save more. <Despite the fact that we’ve really limited our food spend over the past few months, I can’t really cross this one off yet because we haven’t contributed much towards our house fund

Eat more mindfully <DONE. Going grocery shopping and visiting the farmer’s market more frequently has helped

Practice more yoga <Not really. Will have to add that one back on for July

Play and have fun. It’s June—a time for summer dresses and sunshine! <I love being able to cross this one off. It’s like a freebie 🙂

Figure out our living sitch. <Yes! I’m kind of sad we weren’t able to find a house in time, but I’ve learned never to rush a good thing. Our home will come, and we will wait patiently to meet it.

Here are some goals I’d like to meet in the month of July:

July goals:

• Set a realistic budget for vacation, house, and emergency fund and contribute each         month
  • Go to concerts, see friends, be visible, step away from the computer, and live a little         —basically connect and disconnect
  • Read at least two books (preferably one at the beach)
  • Do one active thing a week (dance, treadmill, yoga, tennis, etc.)
  • Improve Instagram strategy (currently at 2,171 followers; would like to get closer to         2,500 by August 1)

And there you have it. My mantras and goals for July. What are some of yours? Let me know in the comments, my sweet ones!

Beth July 5, 2017, 11:27 AM

Hey friend, I feel you on the budgeting. We just reset our budget starting in July after a kind of false start on budgeting a couple of months ago. It is so hard! Why must we be adults? Speaking of adulting, I skipped fireworks because I had to get up at 5:30 to go to work today. But I should have just gone because the neighbors were doing their own until at least midnight I think. Uffda.

Trish @ The Trish List July 5, 2017, 11:53 AM

I feel you on the budgeting and just disconnecting more. I really disconnected from my blog in June but found myself still glued to my computer after work hours and that really bugged me. It was not for any good reason and I neglected my blog to waste time getting sucked into one drama post after the next on FB. Ugh. Adulting. Wish I could go back to the innocence of being a child. You have some nice goals for July. I may follow along on a few. 😀 <3

Katie July 5, 2017, 12:52 PM

Those are some great goals! I definitely want to focus on my budget/money strategy as I have some big things in the works!

San July 5, 2017, 1:12 PM

Curious about your IG strategy… my IG is private (so there is no point of a strategy, I guess), but I am always curious how people ‘gain’ more followers.

We made turkey burgers and watched baseball yesterday… we were going to go and watch the fireworks, but then got lazy and didn’t. Oh well. 😉

StephTheBookworm July 5, 2017, 3:33 PM

I am feeling 100% the same way today… it feels so odd to be back at work – ha!

I love your July goals, especially the one about being active. I am trying to ease my way back into exercise and set a goal to go for 6 walks this month.

ShootingStarsMag July 5, 2017, 4:27 PM

Having Tuesday off is so random, especially since I had to work Monday. But I won’t complain about days off! haha

It sounds like you had a pretty good June. I hope July is even better. 🙂

Akaleistar July 5, 2017, 9:48 PM

Going to concerts sounds fun!

Jessica Bradshaw July 5, 2017, 11:05 PM

Great goals, girl! Love the new car. You accomplished so much last month. 🙂

Dominique July 6, 2017, 3:58 AM

I’m sure the right house will come along for you soon! I remember when we were looking for ours and there was one we almost put an offer on and then at the last minute changed our mind as we weren’t convinced on the structural integrity. Turned out that not long after that they had trouble selling as it’s probably going to need to be demolished! So you just never know! As far as goals go, I really need to take on board the “step away from the computer” one too… but I just don’t see how that’s going to happen any time soon…!

Tamara July 6, 2017, 7:56 AM

I finally broke 5,000 with FB fans and I was in shock. I really don’t like to care about numbers.. but work does. That said, connecting/disconnecting/reading/eating mindfully = awesome. Tis the season to do all of these things!
Bryan’s niece is adorable.
As for the housing, you totally get it. To everything there is a season and it all comes back around where it should.

Karen Peterson July 6, 2017, 7:53 PM

These are great goals!

Love the new Jeep! That’s awesome!

I’m glad you had a lovely 4th of July. I agree that Tuesday holidays are weird.

lisa thomson July 8, 2017, 1:10 PM

Good job, Charlotte, especially on the ‘play’ time. Time slips by so quickly it’s important to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the sunshine. Love the new car!! Love the pic of you and Bryan, too.

Lindsay July 9, 2017, 2:20 PM

Hey babe! Great post for your July goals. Speaking of groceries, I just spent $500 on Costco and another store for food for the month. We’ll have to get peoduce weekely, again, starting next weekend, but that’s our bulk/meat for the month. I envy your low budget, I was in awe when you actually told me awhile back. 🙂
Love that pic of Bryan and his niece. That’s a framer for sure. 🙂 So cute. Love his new Jeep, too. Our friend Dina has the identical one in the same color and she loves it. It’s not humongous but it’s not tiny either.

I hope you’re enjoying your weekend love. By the way, you getting tossed from the CC made me laugh. That’d be something jeff and I would do, getting directions mixed up. Hahha!