Currently—the June edition

Yesterday I met a friend for a quick coffee break. I needed the fresh air and company, and it just so happened that our schedules aligned.

“I’m feeling uninspired with my writing,” I lamented over a sip of my iced coffee. Maybe you’ve noticed, maybe you haven’t, but I haven’t been blogging like I used to. When my writing wanes and the muses leave me, I feel detached from the world, like I’m missing an important limb.

So forgive me for this incredibly lame, cop-out of a blog post, but this is all I have today.

Thinking—about going to a farm sanctuary in Woodstock to play with baby goats (naturally)
Enjoying—a few days away, to recharge the batteries, and also this old pic of my mom (left), my uncle Sherman, and my mom’s friend taken in Paris (undated)
Feeling—productive. I’m dog/housesitting for my parents and yesterday I went to Target to pick up wicker baskets so that they can find their kitchen table again (it has been buried under magazines since the 90s). This is my (almost final) project:

Wearing—pajamas. I had a phone call with my team and a mountain of emails to get though; not in the “getting dressed for the day” phase yet
Needing—more coffee
Wanting—more covfefe
Listening—to the sounds of Pedro snoring on my lap

little Pedro… and yes, he needs a haircut

Making—plans
Eating—nothing yet… but peanut butter Puffins are on the menu for breakfast
Drinking—coffeeeeeeee…

Holy poop, I mentioned coffee five times in this post! What about you? What’s on your currently list?

Beth June 29, 2017, 11:55 AM

Coffee is life, that’s why you mentioned it five times! And can you come organize my house with baskets like that? Seriously I think I need it.

Sheryl June 29, 2017, 12:30 PM

I’m hoping you got some coffee!! 🙂 There is nothing wrong with a post like this, I personally think these post help to ground me with where I’m at. I’m also loving that photo of your Mom and the baskets! Have a good Thursday!

Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries June 29, 2017, 1:40 PM

I always love lists like this because it gives a snapshot into who someone really is. Speaking of snapshots, I love the one of your mom! And Paris of all places, too!

San June 29, 2017, 1:53 PM

Oh, you look so much like your Mom!

Also, I like the Currently posts… they always give a glimpse of what’s going on right now.

Emily June 29, 2017, 1:57 PM

I could really use some coffee right now. I love the baskets and how organized the shelves look. Love the photo of your mom, uncle, and your mom’s friend.

Shybiker June 29, 2017, 5:38 PM

Amusing. I like hearing about your life. We may need to do a coffee-intervention for you. With respect to blogging/writing, sometimes we lack inspiration and when that happens, pushing doesn’t help. You need to find something that inspires you. I find going out into the world makes that happen: I stumble upon something that gets me excited about blogging again. (This often happens in a vintage clothing store!)

Shannon June 29, 2017, 8:45 PM

Awww charlotte don’t be down on yourself for lack of writing ideas, we all have that sometimes. I get like that especially when I pressure myself too much to blog certain amount or stress myself out too much about my blog in general- because then it’s not a hobby anymore, it becomes a chore and makes me not want to write! The balance can be hard, especially when you want your blog to succeed. And omg- are you local to woodstock?! Because I never knew that!

ShootingStarsMag June 29, 2017, 9:51 PM

I’m sorry you’ve been a bit uninspired in your writing. It happens sometimes. Don’t let it get you down! I like these currently posts, so don’t worry!

Tamara June 29, 2017, 9:54 PM

I want and need more covfefe.
I also think it’s so fascinating to see old photos of parents, isn’t it?
And Paris! Oui oui!

jenn June 29, 2017, 11:43 PM

i love old photos!! the colors — all the sepia tones. :]

Karen Peterson July 6, 2017, 6:34 PM

Covfefe didn’t last nearly long enough!