What’s up, weekend 6/23

Friday. SO good to see you again. Hope everyone had a lovely week. Truthfully, it was a bit of an emotional one and I’m very much looking forward to a somewhat quiet weekend—which includes quality time with Bryan before I head out of town for a few days, a preschool graduation (not to sound like a total asshat, but what milestones in life do you celebrate at a preschool graduation??), a trip to Jersey City to return Buster, and hopefully some reading and writing.

As is tradition at My Pixie Blog, I’m linking up with my dear friends Lindsay and Chrissy to share my weekly gratitude. It’s a beautiful practice that reminds me of the good and sweet and happy that this life has to offer—hope you’ll join by adding your link below!

Things that made me smile:

Meditative walks
Exploring my German roots and making white asparagus this week (“spargel”)—so delicious!

A phone call with my dad where he called someone “a flaming asshole” (LOL)

Fun with my favorite knuckleheads

News that Bachelor in Paradise is returning

Warm weather so I could wear shorts and my new shoes
New Michael Franti video (has a beautiful, poignant message at the end)

Tacos, cocktails, and laughs with a dear friend in Hoboken

Kimberly June 23, 2017, 11:06 AM

Preschool graduations are bullshitery.
My son didn’t have it and that was lovely. He’s not scared for life and neither are we. We had more time to do other things like…exist somewhere else. Ugh I hate school so much. It’s almost done.
White asparagus is so expensive. So is the regular stuff. My husband’s parents grow it in the ditch in front of their house. Not on purpose though. It’s wild asparagus. I wouldn’t eat it EVER. I don’t trust things like that.
How cute is Buster? SMOOOCH xoxox

Beth June 23, 2017, 11:12 AM

You are not an a-hole for wondering what they do at a preschool graduation. I’m quite thankful that my son’s school does not do that type of ceremony! I’m sorry you’ve had a bit of a tough and emotional week. I hope things get better and I hope you have a good weekend my dear! ((Hug))

Eli@CoachDaddy June 23, 2017, 2:28 PM

Well, you know, preschoolers, life will never be the same for them, now. Seems like yesterday they were in diapers. Actually, for some, they were!

A flaming asshole kind of sounds painful. I wonder if any of those types will make it to Bachelor in Paradise.

Mrs Match June 24, 2017, 12:39 AM

Sounds like a nice weekend planned. I agree, I think preschools and kindergartens that do graduations are so stupid. I think you should only wear the cap and gown twice-high school and college. I’m loving the sandal weather here too. I just wish my job didn’t involve crawling under desks. It’s hot here and I can’t wear dresses!

Emily June 25, 2017, 9:30 AM

You can never go wrong with tacos and cocktails. I plan to try to get some reading and writing down too.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada June 26, 2017, 9:15 AM

I love asparagus! One of our local German restaurants has a “spargelfest” in late May every year… they have a ton of cool dishes they make using it 🙂
Your Dad must be a funny guy! lol

Anthea June 27, 2017, 2:02 AM

Lovely pictures! LOL at your Dad’s comment – always funny when parents say things like that 🙂
Asparagus is tasty – enjoy!
Your new shoes are very pretty.

Tamara June 27, 2017, 11:31 PM

haha, Des had his preschool graduation last week and I wasn’t totally thrilled.
Did I ever tell you how I met Michael Franti sort of by accident, and we shared cookies?

Lindsay June 30, 2017, 12:00 PM

Happy last Friday babe! 😉
LOVE any and all pictures you share of your old man. <3
Must be nice to head back home today and spend time with your beau.
LOVE that mural on the building of the tulips, that's so pretty!!

xoxo