A weekend in photos

Keeping it short and sweet today, and what’s better than a post filled with pictures?! Hope everyone had a nice and productive weekend. To give a bit of an update, Bryan and I put in an offer on a home on Thursday and we are still waiting to hear news. This process has taught me a few things: 1) it is unbelievably emotional 2) I have no patience and 3) it is a good idea to keep busy while you wait to hear back from real estate agents about a home you told yourself NOT to fall in love with (too late).

Bryan’s sister was in town from Oklahoma so we met up with his family (mom and niece, too) for a day in the city on Saturday. Despite the rain, we had a fun time eating at Carmine’s in Times Square and exploring the American Museum of Natural History. I don’t think I’ve been there in nearly 10 years and the penne vodka is still as good as I remembered. Ambiance is lovely, too.

My mom worked on Mother’s Day this year so I saw her earlier in the week and had a nice chat with her from the car yesterday. I always love to tell her about SNL shenanigans and she was disappointed she missed the Trump/Spicer makeout session 🙂

Yesterday was Bryan’s sister’s last day so we went to Lafayette, NJ, for lunch and antiquing.

Hope everyone had a very happy Mother’s Day—wishing you all the best for the week ahead! XOXO

Beth May 15, 2017, 11:35 AM

I love all the pictures! The pasta looks super yummy (doesn’t help that I’m starving for lunch right now, lol!) I can only imagine the stress of waiting about the house so I hope you hear something SOON. Xo

Emily May 15, 2017, 1:15 PM

It looks like you had an amazing weekend. I love the photos. We have been researching the process of purchasing a home and I’m so overwhelmed with all of the information.

Eli@CoachDaddy May 15, 2017, 1:21 PM

Antiquing is always a great idea for a weekend. Also, if your weekend involves dinosaurs and Italian bread? You’re winning. BIG.

Lecy | A Simpler Grace May 15, 2017, 1:55 PM

Looks like you had a great weekend. I love natural history museums. It’s so interesting to see creatures that once walked on this planet. Hope you have a fantastic week!

Divya May 15, 2017, 2:02 PM

That pasta looks delicious! I used to do a weekend recap in the form of pictures (mostly) because who wants to read so early on Monday morning anyway?!

<3 Glad you had a great weekend!

Trish @ The Trish List May 15, 2017, 2:25 PM

Nice photos! I have not put any offers in yet on a house, but I know waiting to hear back from a rental is killer too. It really does drive you to want to drink and be emotional all at the same time! I am sending all the positive vibes your way!

Kimberly May 15, 2017, 2:41 PM

GD it. How did you get a picture of me and my naked vagina nosing through a garden?
I thought I was being quiet.

Katie May 15, 2017, 3:09 PM

Glad you had a good weekend! I sure do love antiquing, it’s fun just to walk around!

Dean May 15, 2017, 3:13 PM

Spicer in the garden? 🙂
That pasta looks heavenly!!
Wishing you all the best on your offer. I know how stressful that process can be.
XOXO

Tamara May 15, 2017, 6:23 PM

So you saw SNL? I didn’t see all of it but it seemed like Melissa McCarthy was choking on that pie! I felt for her.
I really get it about househunting because people say to not get emotional and patient, but that goes against who I am. And I wouldn’t want to change who I am!

Dominique May 15, 2017, 8:02 PM

Gorgeous shots! We went out for Italian on mothers day too… mmm delicious 🙂

ShootingStarsMag May 15, 2017, 8:37 PM

I saw MOST of SNL this past Saturday. It was great! I’m glad you had a nice weekend. Mmm…that pasta. It reminds me of a pasta I get at The Cheesecake Factory. YUM.

-lauren

lisa thomson May 15, 2017, 9:09 PM

Looks like a great weekend, Charlotte. That penne…mmmmm. I love antiquing. Problem is I always find something to bring home. I need more space. Good luck with the house offer! Fingers crossed for you. xoxo

Melissa May 15, 2017, 9:13 PM

Am I the only one who wanders through antique stores wondering who the kitchen items one belonged to? Not only that but, what was made using them. It sounds like a wonderful way to distract yourself while you wait. Hope it works out for you!

My Inner Chick May 15, 2017, 9:34 PM

OMMGG,
those elephants are FABULOUS))

xx

Akaleistar May 15, 2017, 10:11 PM

Good luck with the house!

Shybiker May 16, 2017, 10:04 AM

What great photos! The upside-down mannequin reminds me of something… 🙂

Lindsay May 16, 2017, 8:21 PM

Oh I love all of the antique pictures. I love looking at old bottles and things of that sort. We have a HUGE antique place about 50 minutes away from us and I’ve been once and I really want to go back. 🙂 Looks like a lovely and plentiful weekend. 🙂

xoxoox

catherine gacad May 17, 2017, 1:24 AM

i hope you get the home, keep us posted!

looking at these pics makes me want to live on the east coast.

jenn May 17, 2017, 10:29 AM

that’s an interesting mix of photos.

fingers crossed on the house, lady. i’m praying…