May goals

I’m a bit late with this, but life happens and I’m sure you have better things to do with your time than to hear me rattle off a list of excuses. Who cares. We’re here now, eh? I have high hopes for the month of May, but it’ll be a busy one with birthday parties, get-togethers, a trip to Texas, and you know, searching for a home to live in 🙂

Here’s how we did in April:

Read two books (much more feasible than the book a week goal I initially set) Done! Loved The Best of Us, a book about college friends reunited on an all-expenses paid trip to Jamaica (scandals and twists galore—this is a great beach read) and The Housekeeper, which I feel was on my list for March, but whatever. LOL

Work on improving my Instagram theme and focus on a Pinterest strategy <I still haven’t really focused much on Pinterest but I am starting to up my Insta game. We’ll consider this one half accomplished 🙂

Start process of home buying (or at least, the “where are we living next” talks) <We are working with a different agent for pre-approval and have started going to open houses, and then yesterday I fell in love with a house on a lake and I can’t stop thinking about it. SO yes, it’s underway

Take more meditative walks <DONE. I love this one. I’d much rather take the two-foot express than hop in my car any day

Reach out to brands for sponsored posts <Sadly, I haven’t had much time for this, and my sponsored posts have dwindled, but that’s allowed me to dig a bit deeper to write truly personal stuff

Cook more at home (I’ve been spending way too much money on takeout lately) <YES! Thanks to Hello Fresh, we’ve actually saved a lot on our monthly food expenses

May goals:

• Read two books
  • Make at least one offer on a house
  • Publish three Instagram pics/week
  • Continue going to gym two times/week
  • Clear out storage and get rid of stuff we don’t need

What’s on your list of goals for May, my sweet ones? Hope everyone has a great week! XOXO

Julie May 8, 2017, 11:34 AM

Great goals for May! I too am trying to up my Insta and Pinterest. There’s always so much to do! I’ve added your book to my “to-read” list. Good luck house hunting!

Tamara May 8, 2017, 12:27 PM

The offers on a house is so exciting!!!
We’re currently about to renovate our house, and we’re building a chicken coop. Whoa.
My May goals are to keep momentum going. April was my best page views month of all time and I saw why it happened, and it still totally knocked me off my feet. So far, May is good too! Yay, Spring!

Shann Eva May 8, 2017, 12:44 PM

It’s so exciting that you’ve started looking at houses! The market is pretty crazy around here…houses go up for sale, then they are gone within a day…so I hope it’s easier for you guys to find something you love. I still have not done any better at Instagram, but I think I’m making progress with Pinterest. I think. Best of luck with May! I’m just hoping to get through it without any more gray hairs 😉

Crystal // Dreams, etc. May 8, 2017, 12:58 PM

I have The Best of Us sitting on my bookshelf and I’m so excited to read it! I should make a point to pull it out soon, because it’s been there for too long. 🙈 Story of my life with books it seems.

That’s awesome about the house search! It must be so exciting to be looking ahead like that. And great job on taking more walks by the lake. That’s something I really need to make an effort to do more for the rest of this spring/this summer.

Kimberly May 8, 2017, 1:02 PM

Houses? Yay! How exciting. You can buy mine. I went rage cleaning and found a patch of mould which lead to us ripping out an entire wall and now we are going to rip out another one upstairs. Turns out the window people didn’t seal our window….or it’s because of the sinkhole that appeared after winter busted a pipe…either way…I’m redecorating….or I’m just burning my house down….or moving. Or drinking….all of the above. Oh. May. God. See what I just did there. May…hee hee. I’m not drunk right now for the record. Just avoiding cleaning.
Finding sponsored posts is hard as eff by the way. For real. I’ll be needing those to support my wall fund HAHAH!! xoxoo

Divya May 8, 2017, 1:50 PM

Offer on a house?! WOOHOO!!! It will be many, many, many years until we do that. But that’s OKAY! I just frame it differently. We’re going to get to hop around and experience new things. <3

ShootingStarsMag May 8, 2017, 2:50 PM

Great job on your April goals – and good luck with the May ones too. I’m glad that house hunting is going well. I hope you can make an offer this month!

May will be a pretty busy month for me too, but i’m excited!

Lecy | A Simpler Grace May 8, 2017, 5:26 PM

Great job on last month’s goals! I love the idea of adding a social media posting goals on this list! I might try that next month. 🙂

Shybiker May 8, 2017, 5:48 PM

Good stuff. My goal is to get my motorcycle fixed so I can still go on a planned trip to Ohio (to visit blogger-friend Emma).

Kim May 8, 2017, 10:36 PM

Putting in offers on houses. Such a rush. And YAY for cooking at home. I ate like total crap last week. I have fallen off Instagram quite a bit but you got me wanting to add it into my goals now 🙂

Trish @ The Trish List May 9, 2017, 10:27 AM

Girl you are killing your goals! You rock! I need to get myself back to the gym. Motivation has been hard lately again, but it needs to happen. I also want to read more this month. I started off strong last month and kind of fizzled out quickly. Here’s to a great May!

lisa thomson May 9, 2017, 6:29 PM

Good job, Charlotte. May sounds like it’s going to be a great month for you. I’ve been purging quite a bit and cleaning which feels great. Got my taxes all done last month so that was a relief. I’m already enjoying May immensely more than I did April. Thanks for the inspirational post!

Lindsay May 10, 2017, 8:30 PM

Lol at Kim above, the burning down her house reference. That sucks, though.

LOVE the idea of you moving into a home, especially that GORGEOUS one on the water.

You know, you can also link this up to the mantras linkup eh? It’s goals. 😉

Miss you and love you. Xoxo