What’s up, weekend 5/5

I’m not sure why, but I’m noticing the trees and flowers in an entirely new way this spring. Are they much more magnificent than ever, or are my senses just heightened? On my walks, I can’t help but marvel at the vibrant colors, the sweet scents, and the harmonious chirping of little critters, just as eager to say hello to the warmth and sunshine as I am.

I might not be marveling too much today, as we’ll be getting rain throughout the day, but still, I appreciate the gifts from Mother Nature.

Which brings us to this week’s gratitude linky which I have the privilege of participating in with my lovely blog sisters (and Peaceful Posse warriors) Lindsay and Chrissy. Please don’t forget to show them both some love (as well as all the links down below!).

There is much on my list this week that feeds my soul. Let’s get started!

Upping my smoothie game and paying attention to ALL of the foods I put in my body. Even if sometimes those foods are cheese puffs from Trader Joe’s. I’m staying mindful, ha. Repeat after me: EVERYTHING IN MODERATION

Getting to see Bryan’s family (and sister, in town from Texas) for his niece’s communion this weekend

An out-of-the-blue email from an old friend. It touched my heart, but I’m not sure how to respond just yet. Proceeding with caution, I suppose

Seeing an old friend and her family–her son enjoyed Buster cuddles and I got two boxes of Girl Scout thin mints cookies (win-win)

Pouring myself the tallest cup of Riesling yesterday and drunk cooking

Charming Charlie, my new favorite store (purple purse, favorite leggings, two headbands, and this dress for $43—YES PLEASE!)

Fighting with Bryan. It might seem like an odd thing to add to a grateful list, but it was an emotional week for us both and one that strengthened our relationship in many ways (also it was good to make up—I hate when we fight)

Seeing my old coworker and meeting her very handsome contractor. Us in the car right after: “OMG HE’S SO HOT!!”

Feeling somewhat accomplished after a very busy week

What’s on your gratitude list, my sweet ones? Wishing you all the best for a beautiful weekend ahead! XOXO

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada May 5, 2017, 9:49 AM

I have family coming in town this weekend too! Excited to see them 🙂 As much as I hate fighting, making up is the best part. Oooh, the contractor sounds hot!!!

Julie May 5, 2017, 10:03 AM

Ha! Drunk cooking…I love Riesling too! And we too have a day full of rain, but the rest of the week has been absolutely beautiful! Happy weekend!!

Kim Airhart May 5, 2017, 11:41 AM

Such a great list! I love drunk cooking. Oh wait! I love drunk everything. haha just kidding.
I got an emailed from an old friend last year and it touched me too. I too waited to respond and proceeded with caution. Have a great weekend, sweets!

Sheryl May 5, 2017, 11:57 AM

I think the lack of a really hard winter is making for a beautiful Spring. The colors have been brighter here. I’m also all about drunk cooking! Have a great weekend.

ShootingStarsMag May 5, 2017, 4:38 PM

I’m sorry you had a rough week, but it’s true that after a fight, it can be really gratifying to make up with the person!

I do love noticing the things in nature. I’m a big fan of watching the birds and squirrels in my yard when sitting on the front porch.

Shann Eva May 5, 2017, 5:19 PM

Drunk cooking sounds like fun! I’m planning on having a HUGE glass of wine tomorrow after work and before the twins’ birthday dinner. I’m glad you and Bryan made up. I hate fighting with anyone. Have a fantastic weekend!

lisa thomson May 5, 2017, 6:30 PM

Nice list, Charlotte. Being grateful for a fight with your Beau is very elevated. Last night my Beau was being kind of …well, let’s just say we were getting on each other’s last nerve. Not a fight but perhaps brewing in a tea cup. I’m always grateful for my health and today I finished my first week back to yoga so yay to me. My cold is almost gone so that’s good, too. Looking forward to some spring weather here to enjoy those blossoms and yes—the smell is heavenly.

lisa thomson May 5, 2017, 6:31 PM

😛 I mean a ‘storm brewing in a tea cup’.

Kim May 5, 2017, 6:32 PM

Drunk cooking and making up?!?! Sounds amazing 😛 Glad that you got to catch up with an old friend. That one made my list this week too!

Akaleistar May 5, 2017, 9:21 PM

Sounds like a very busy week! That Charming Charlie dress is super cute 🙂

alexandra May 5, 2017, 10:15 PM

It’s been raining non stop over here! And that dress is so cute! 🙂

Nikki May 6, 2017, 4:29 PM

I love your gratitude post. Sometimes you just need to read something that puts it all into perspective. I am grateful for the opportunity to play with my sweet babies.

Tamara May 7, 2017, 5:39 PM

Did your drunk cooking taste good??
I have a friend who says that couples should never fit. Personally I think it’s so much better than silence. So I’m with you!
Also, Trader Joe’s cheese puffs (we like the fried little ones – curls?) are so superior to Cheeto’s that it’s not even funny. And probably(?) a tad healthier.

Lindsay May 8, 2017, 11:31 AM

Hey Momma,
How was your weekend my dear? I hope it was a good one. We finally, at long last, got some sunshine yesterday, although it did feel much like October. I’ll take the sunshine, though.

Drunk cooking sounds fun, in theory but when you’re a putz like I am, it’s no bueno. I’m just setting myself up for failure, if you ask me. LOL. Have you ever watched My Drunk Kitchen, Hannah something-rather on YouTube. She was a hit a few years ago and was the funniest vlogger.

Sometimes fighting with your significant other can be good. Sometimes it can go the other way but it’s nice when you have resolve and can clear things up. I hate, hate, hate conflict.

SO nice you were able to see some of Bryan’s family this weekend, too.

You always have the greatest links for clothing. I’ve just clicked on Charming Charlie. Thanks for sharing, love.

Have a LOVELY weekend my sweet friend. 😉 xoxoxo