What’s up, weekend 4/28

Happy Friday!

I hope everyone is as excited about the weekend as I am—I’ve been under mounds of work this week and haven’t come up for air too much so I’m looking forward to not sitting in front of the computer for a few days. Nice weather in the forecast is always a bonus, too 🙂

Truthfully, life has been a bit challenging lately. I’ve been dealing with some personal stuff which all came to a head earlier this week (I alluded to some of it here). I question whether or not I did the right thing and it’s still hurting my heart. Today’s linky is welcomed.

This is our spot to share our grateful things—because sometimes we need reminders to stop and smell the flowers, and to be mindful of the small pleasures in life. Please don’t forget to link up with Lindsay and Chrissy—we’d love to hear what you have going on in your life, my sweet ones!

Some things that made me smile (in no particular order):

13 Reasons Why

The scents, sounds, and visuals of spring

Waking up to Michael Jackson’s Thriller on the radio

My new avocado keychain, sent from a very thoughtful friend

Getting my new iPhone in the mail today (thank goodness… I haven’t had a new phone in ages and my Samsung isn’t cutting it anymore)

Long walks with my boys and a picnic in the park

Phone conversations with old friends

The book Insomniac City, given to me by my dear bloggy friend Bashfully Bold

Having the best friends a girl could ask for.

Beth April 28, 2017, 10:18 AM

Hey beautiful! Glad you found some good things in a tough week. I love that avocado keychain (even though I can’t eat avocado, sad panda). Hurray for a new iPhone! Getting a new phone is the best, everything is so much faster and works so much better. Have a great weekend lady!

alexandra April 28, 2017, 10:37 AM

I’m with you – this work week has been FULL and I’m looking forward to getting out and away from my desk!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada April 28, 2017, 10:50 AM

Happy Friday Charlotte! Picnics in the park are one of our favorites too! Finished the book Thirteen Reasons Why earlier this week and now I’m watching the series. Very good!

Jess April 28, 2017, 11:59 AM

Love this! And that key chain is so adorable! Happy Friday! xo

Julie April 28, 2017, 1:54 PM

Happy Friday!! Friends can be such lifesavers when you’re feeling down. And the avocado keychain – love!!

ShootingStarsMag April 28, 2017, 2:15 PM

I’m sorry you’ve had a rough week. I’m sure you did what was best – and that’s the main thing!

That key chain is adorable – and what a sweet gift from a friend. 🙂

Shann Eva April 28, 2017, 4:01 PM

I love that keychain…super cute! I hope things are turning around for you. If you ever need to talk, I’m here. I’ve been hearing so many good things about that show 13 Reasons Why, but I’m hooked on the Vampire Diaries right now. As soon as that’s over, I’m on it.

lisa thomson April 28, 2017, 4:14 PM

Great list, Charlotte. It’s getting warmer here too and the trees are blossoming. The scent is heavenly. I think you did the right thing in regards to the secret. Who knows? Maybe this friend will try to make it right. Sometimes we have to lose someone to make a personal change. Have a great weekend, Charlotte! Enjoy your boys and the lovely spring time weather.

Shybiker April 28, 2017, 6:03 PM

I’m glad things are going well for you, buddy. Having an attitude of gratitude is healthy. I had plans for a motorcycle trip this weekend which was going to be fun but… minor tragedy. I came home for lunch and parked my bike in the driveway. While indoors, I heard a horrible noise. My wife Robin came home in her car, wasn’t looking and knocked my motorcycle over, causing damage. It can be fixed but it’ll take time and aggravation. It cancels my weekend trip and puts in jeopardy a bigger trip I have planned to Ohio in three weeks. Oh well… be comforted in the knowledge that you’re doing better than I am right now!

Crystal // Dreams, etc. April 28, 2017, 6:30 PM

I haven’t been able to spend much time on blogs this month and I feel so out of the loop. I’ve missed checking in with you every week! That avocado keychain is so cute! And yay for a new phone! That’s always fun!

Lecy | A Simpler Grace April 28, 2017, 9:47 PM

I am loving all the reminders that spring is finally here. And that avocado keychain… the cutest! Hope you have a great weekend!

Kim April 28, 2017, 10:42 PM

Girl! I went back and read the other post. UGH! Such a hard thing to deal with. People love to drop their secrets in my head and every now and then it starts to weigh me down too! I tell my boys some secrets are ok but if it’s something that could hurt someone, they have to come clean. Its hard to do, but its the right thing. PS> Love the avocado!!!

Sheryl April 29, 2017, 8:46 AM

I love having these posts to read. Even in the darkest of weeks, there is good. I’m also loving that avocado keychain. Here’s hoping your weekend is just what you need. XOXO my friend.

Akaleistar April 29, 2017, 4:39 PM

That avocado keychain is so cute!

texerinsydney April 29, 2017, 8:10 PM

What a wonderfully full list with little things and *big* things (like having the best friends a girl could ask for).
I hope the personal issues that have been weighing on your heart get sorted out soon. I am a big believer that every experience is one for learning and growth, especially the ones that we struggle with.

Ericka @ A Quiet Girl's Musings... April 30, 2017, 3:06 PM

I am anxious to watch Thirteen Reasons Why, but am holding off until my school year is over. I have several things already going on and the end of the school year bring with it it’s own set of challenges and time consumers. I thought highly of the book. Hope my experience with the series is good, too.

Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Tamara April 30, 2017, 7:31 PM

The avocado keychain is a brilliant thing. I think I want one!
I’m sorry about the tough times! This weekend was partly euphoric and partly terrible. I need a weekend to get over my weekend!