Life Lately, the March Edition

I’ve shoved my armpit in Bryan’s face for the past four days. Why, you ask? Oh, I’m so glad that you did! I discovered a lump under my right arm late Sunday night, in the middle of dinner and as we were watching Real Housewives of something-or-other. Doesn’t matter. This was a hardened lump, not an allergic reaction to the deodorant I thought I was experiencing, so naturally I panicked, wrote my will, phoned my parents to tell them I loved them (also to seek medical attention since they are both in the field), and nervously paced back and forth for the next hour.

Poor Bryan has had the privilege of monitoring my lump ever since (did I mention that I haven’t shaved and that I can’t wear deodorant? In case the scenario wasn’t already horrific enough). I’m pretty sure we’ve reached a new level in our relationship, the likes of which he’ll never recover from.

Anyway, I haven’t done one of these in a while, and I always think they’re fun so here is what I’ve been up to lately. PS: In case you’re curious, I’m fine, and the lump is going down in size. Hopefully I will be able to wear deodorant again soon, for the sake of those in my vicinity 🙂

Listening to Ed Sheeran’s new album. Holy hell, you guys. Have you heard it yet? So many great tunes (my favorites are Galway Girl, Perfect, and Nancy Mulligan). Le sigh

Wearing a striped nautical sweater from Modcloth (oh hai! They’re having a major sale!), jeans, and hair in a high ponytail

Feeling excited to see my aunt for dinner in the city tonight and pumped about an upcoming trip to a haunted hotel in Jefferson, Texas I just booked with my bestie. Wheeee!!

Enjoying the sunshine

Reading River Road by Carol Goodman. Very mysterious, fun page-turner that takes place in a college setting. Lauren of Shooting Stars recommended this one and it is fantastic.

What are you up to, my sweet ones?

Divya March 9, 2017, 11:20 AM

LOVE Ed Sheeran’s new album! I’m super into Alessia Cara right now! Hope the bump continues to get smaller. And, to Bryan — you’re a trooper! And a keeper!

Crystal // Dreams, etc. March 9, 2017, 1:15 PM

I hope the bump continues to get smaller! And Bryan’s awesome for monitoring it for you. 🙂 That would be so frightening! I get cysts behind my ear, but the first time I ever noticed it I was a senior in high school and I was like, “This is supposed to be the best time of my life and I’m going to die!”

Kristin March 9, 2017, 2:41 PM

Yikes! I’ve had a couple of those experiences…once it turned out to be shingles. Glad yours is going away on its own!

Andi March 9, 2017, 5:24 PM

This may be a dumb question, but if you suspect a lump, shouldn’t you go to the doctor? It’s great your parents are in the field, but you might also want to see someone? I’ve never had the experience but it should be SCARY!

Akaleistar March 9, 2017, 7:53 PM

How scary, but glad you’re okay!

Dean March 9, 2017, 8:42 PM

I’m so glad the lump is getting smaller and it’s nothing to worry about. WHEW!!
Shoving your pits in one’s face and having that one and only not mind is true love. I’ve totally done that. 😀 And the kids said, “Papa, that’s love. You just really let mama do that.?.” 😀
TEXAS!! You know I love Texas. 🙂
XOXO

ShootingStarsMag March 9, 2017, 8:59 PM

I’m so glad the lump is going down! That is some scary stuff.

I’m SO happy you’re reading and enjoying River Road. You must let me know what you think – unless you review it! 🙂

I have Ed Sheeran’s new album on my ipod but I still need to listen to it. I do love him though. Is he going near you for his tour?

Shybiker March 10, 2017, 10:43 AM

Lumps are scary so be sure to have it looked at. Sorry for the anxiety it must have caused. Two months ago a dentist didn’t like a sore in my mouth and took a biopsy “just in case.” For two weeks, I had the same over-reaction you did and planned my funeral. Of course it was nothing.

Le Pork Star March 10, 2017, 11:48 AM

LMFAO…. sorry to laugh but that was a little funny about the… well the whole thing, except the bump. Glad to hear it’s going down.
The no shaving and no deodorant… lol good Lord.
Glad you are doing well. 🙂

Jessica (@loveyoumoretoo) March 10, 2017, 1:14 PM

Nevermind! I got the answer to my question. So fun!! I stayed in a haunted hotel in Ft. Worth (way less far out than Jefferson). I hope you enjoy it!

Lindsay March 10, 2017, 8:15 PM

Girl, WHYYYY did you not tell me about this, woman? I’m glad it’s going down in size but man, I hope it’s nothing…

Xo

Tamara March 11, 2017, 12:18 PM

Wow.. a haunted hotel in Texas. You’re certainly living!!
I’m so glad the lump is ok. I had a skin cyst years ago, and I thought I was dying. I think the doctor tried not to laugh.. he got pretty far..

Shannon March 16, 2017, 9:52 PM

So glad you are okay and can make light of the situation now that it’s over, thankfully!=D I am obsessed with Ed Sheeran’s album too- still overly obsessed with shape of you and numerous covers of it. You have to look up the Conor Maynard shape of you mashup though, been listening on repeat all day!

Karen M Peterson March 18, 2017, 1:47 AM

I had one of those lumps a few months ago. Totally freaked me out. It turns out to be a blocked sweat gland.