What to pack for an all-inclusive vacation

what to pack for all-inclusive vacation

T-minus two days until I’m soaking up sunshine, you guys. The timing of this trip is making me a little nervous since we’re leaving the day a winter storm is coming to the tristate area (keep fingers crossed that snow doesn’t interfere with our travel plans!).

This will be my second time staying in an all-inclusive resort (my first was a solo trip to the Bahamas two years ago—easily one of my favorite vacations ever). I’m by no means an expert on all-inclusive travel, but there were a few things I forgot on that first trip that I wish I could have remembered and some things I packed in my suitcase that I really should have left at home. To save you from my packing faux pas, I’ve created a list of all-inclusive essentials (obviously aside from the REALLY essentials, like passport, travel documents, etc.).

10 things you won’t want to live without at the resort:

• Beach hat. The bigger and floppier (for more coverage), the better
  • Cover-ups. Think elegant muumuus—flowy and comfy
  • Bathing suits (duh). Bring more than you think you’ll need since you’ll likely be         wearing them every day (thankfully they don’t take up much room in the suitcase)
  • Sneakers, flip-flops, nice flats, and dress-up shoes. I like to travel in sneakers; they’re         easy to slip on and off when going through security and if you happen to do         excursions OR are planning to hit up the on-site gym (HA!) you’ll at least have them         handy
  • Small handbag (we are planning on leaving the resort at least once), beach bag, and         waterproof cell-phone case
  • Shorts, skirts, and lightweight dresses that can easily be dressed up for nighttime         dining
  • Lip balm with SPF
  • Ponytail holders, hairbands, and hair-taming stuff (because #humidity)
  • Tylenol or aspirin
  • Camera and kindle. There will be lots of picture-taking (whether Bryan likes it or not)         and beach reading. This is, after all, a vacation

Things I won’t be bringing with me:

• Sunscreen. This is ABSOLUTELY essential and it will be my first purchase when I get         to Jamaica but I don’t see the need in bringing my own (also I just realized that all of         my suntan lotions expired long ago. Whoops!)
  • Jewelry. Maybe I’ll bring one pair of big fat obnoxious earrings, but really—it’s just         extra crap that I don’t want to worry about
  • Pants. I’m planning on getting some color and it’s going to be nearly 90 degrees         every day. Why torture my legs like that?

Did I miss anything? What do you take with you for beach/resort travel?

Christina February 7, 2017, 2:08 PM

This is a great packing list! I hope you have a fantastic trip and enjoy the sunshine!

camille February 7, 2017, 4:44 PM

Totally agree with this list!! I recently went to an all-inclusive and the thing I was saddest about not bringing was a beach hat. Absolute need!

Dominique February 7, 2017, 5:44 PM

Not long to go now!! The only thing extra I pack is the sunscreen, just incase my room isn’t ready when I get there and I decide to chill out in the pool for a while until it is. Can’t wait to hear all about your trip! 🙂

Leah Schulz February 7, 2017, 8:08 PM

All I can think while reading this is that I need a beach vacation!

ShootingStarsMag February 7, 2017, 9:15 PM

Yeah, I don’t think I’d want to have pants on hand for 90 degree weather. I’ve never been to an all-inclusive resort but it sounds great. I hope you have a BLAST! I think you have it all handled.

Sharon February 8, 2017, 12:54 PM

What a great list! I would also add aloe vera. I almost ALWAYS get burned on the first day in the sun so aloe vera becomes my best friend. I’ve had to buy it at the resort before and the price is outrageous. Hope you have an amazing time!

Lindsay February 8, 2017, 5:11 PM

Take me with youuuuuuuu! I’m going to miss you.
I need to take pants with me to hot places because I get a sunburn and get so freaking cold it’s insane. I’m the chick in a hoodie and pants at night with a sunburn. LOL!

Have an excellent trip babe! xoxoxo

lisa thomson February 9, 2017, 4:57 PM

Perfect packing list, Charlotte! I would add a light cotton (bright) scarf to throw over your shoulder in evening and also to wear on the plane. If you have room pack a second pair of flip flops as the ones you wear to the beach are always wet from rinsing off. Then you have a dry pair for later in the day or evening. Have a fabulous trip!! I look forward to seeing your pics 🙂 xo

Tamara February 10, 2017, 6:15 PM

I can’t wait to hear everything! Cassidy wants to go on a solo or just with me beach trip soon. No kids! I have no idea where we’ll go but he’s more adventurous than I am in terms of drinking water and eating food. Gulp.

courtney February 14, 2017, 4:28 PM

Packing is probably one of the hardest things, i feel like I ALWAYS forget at least one thing!

La Belle Sirene

Dean February 17, 2017, 11:19 AM

I could feel the sun, smell the beach, and taste pineapple while reading this, is that weird? I want an all inclusive vacation!
xoxo