T-minus two days until I’m soaking up sunshine, you guys. The timing of this trip is making me a little nervous since we’re leaving the day a winter storm is coming to the tristate area (keep fingers crossed that snow doesn’t interfere with our travel plans!).
This will be my second time staying in an all-inclusive resort (my first was a solo trip to the Bahamas two years ago—easily one of my favorite vacations ever). I’m by no means an expert on all-inclusive travel, but there were a few things I forgot on that first trip that I wish I could have remembered and some things I packed in my suitcase that I really should have left at home. To save you from my packing faux pas, I’ve created a list of all-inclusive essentials (obviously aside from the REALLY essentials, like passport, travel documents, etc.).
10 things you won’t want to live without at the resort:
- Beach hat. The bigger and floppier (for more coverage), the better
- Cover-ups. Think elegant muumuus—flowy and comfy
- Bathing suits (duh). Bring more than you think you’ll need since you’ll likely be wearing them every day (thankfully they don’t take up much room in the suitcase)
- Sneakers, flip-flops, nice flats, and dress-up shoes. I like to travel in sneakers; they’re easy to slip on and off when going through security and if you happen to do excursions OR are planning to hit up the on-site gym (HA!) you’ll at least have them handy
- Small handbag (we are planning on leaving the resort at least once), beach bag, and waterproof cell-phone case
- Shorts, skirts, and lightweight dresses that can easily be dressed up for nighttime dining
- Lip balm with SPF
- Ponytail holders, hairbands, and hair-taming stuff (because #humidity)
- Tylenol or aspirin
- Camera and kindle. There will be lots of picture-taking (whether Bryan likes it or not) and beach reading. This is, after all, a vacation
Things I won’t be bringing with me:
- Sunscreen. This is ABSOLUTELY essential and it will be my first purchase when I get to Jamaica but I don’t see the need in bringing my own (also I just realized that all of my suntan lotions expired long ago. Whoops!)
- Jewelry. Maybe I’ll bring one pair of big fat obnoxious earrings, but really—it’s just extra crap that I don’t want to worry about
- Pants. I’m planning on getting some color and it’s going to be nearly 90 degrees every day. Why torture my legs like that?
Did I miss anything? What do you take with you for beach/resort travel?