Good morning, my sweet ones! I love sitting down to reflect on these goal lists, and they have really been helping me stay accountable each month (well, that’s what they’re supposed to do, anyway). Let’s take a look back on the list from January to see how we did!
- Pitch a brand a week I’m going to consider this an accomplishment. Though I technically didn’t reach out, I had a lot more brands contacting me and have been busy securing placements/sponsors for upcoming posts
- Go to the gym a minimum of two times/week. I got sick BUT did this 2 out of 4 weeks so not all was lost
- Consider the future of my business blog and possibly close up shop. I spent a lot of time thinking about this one and even called GoDaddy to pull the plug but there’s no benefit in that because it’s prepaid hosting. I simply don’t have the bandwidth to do anything with Pixie Consulting, so it’ll remain idle in the meantime
- Do good (volunteer work with local animal shelter) This one makes me sad, because I haven’t yet
- Start figuring out my tax sh*t. Nopity nope nope. Terrible. I’m not ready to face this but do want to get it done earlier in the season, if at all possible
- Sit down with Bryan to discuss our finances/budget over the next few months. Yes! Each Friday I essentially tell Bryan to give me money. It’s fun! And yes, I’m contributing, too, you guys 🙂
- Drop off clothing to either the Salvation Army or a homeless shelter. Not yet, sadly. When we’re back from Jamaica, I’ll start sorting, organizing, and donating.
So what have we learned?
January was a pretty terrible month for me, goal-wise. I feel bad, and yet, I don’t. I’ve learned that no good comes from beating myself up about things I haven’t accomplished, and this allows me more room to improve in the month ahead! That said, here are some goals I’d love to accomplish in February:
- Go to the gym a minimum of two times a week. Yup. This one gets placed back on the list!
- Figure out my taxes. I’m a little more confident now that I’ve found some free tax tools online that I can use.
- Drop off clothing/goods at Salvation Army, homeless shelter, or animal shelter.
- Figure out an Instagram strategy (and get closer to 2,000 followers—I currently have 1,724)
- Enjoy the heck out of Jamaica but also use the time wisely (writing, reading, relaxing)
Keeping it simple this month. Do you have a list of goals for February, and what’s on yours?
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to enter the Paperless Post giveaway for $90 worth of stationary, invitations, and/or greeting cards–going on now!